Walker Homes

richardhateshibs

I'm in a Walker home. Was there hear old when I bought it. Can't complain. Good layouts, big spaces and generally better build quality than the Barrett home I was in previously.

Talks about buying new houses I'm thinking about buying a new build this summer. With having never bought a brand new house is the price they advertise the price you will have to pay? No chance of them knocking something off it?

Bungalow Bill

Talks about buying new houses I'm thinking about buying a new build this summer. With having never bought a brand new house is the price they advertise the price you will have to pay? No chance of them knocking something off it?

You'll always be able to negotiate a discount. My other half works in the industry. For a ?250K house you can get ?20K off in some cases. Might be dependent on the house builders financial year how big a discount you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll always be able to negotiate a discount. My other half works in the industry. For a ?250K house you can get ?20K off in some cases. Might be dependent on the house builders financial year how big a discount you get.

Shame it's not like that where I live. I had to pay the billboard price and so did my neighbours.

Everything is up for negotiation but a lot depends on how the development is selling. I would look for a discount on price, kitchen appliances fitted if not already integrated, carpets/flooring fitted, garden fences built and lawns turfed as a starting point. Whatever isn't included don't be shy to ask for.

Walkers don't negotiate, they can't as it then devalues the houses they've already sold.  Some in our estate sat for months empty until somebody bought and it was still at full price.  You might get a contribution towards your flooring, in the main their package is pretty decent as it includes loads as standard.

Where are you looking and what style?

marshallschunkychicken

Walkers don't negotiate, they can't as it then devalues the houses they've already sold. Some in our estate sat for months empty until somebody bought and it was still at full price. You might get a contribution towards your flooring, in the main their package is pretty decent as it includes loads as standard.

This was my experience. My house was one of the last two to be sold in the estate (almost two years after the initial purchases were made pre-build) and it was approximately the same price as the neighbour's equivalent, allowing for bespoke stuff they requested.

dalkeithjambo

Walkers don't negotiate, they can't as it then devalues the houses they've already sold. Some in our estate sat for months empty until somebody bought and it was still at full price. You might get a contribution towards your flooring, in the main their package is pretty decent as it includes loads as standard.

I managed approx 10k discount on mine. I don't remember any real hassles in doing so.

I also got house carpeted throughout, tiles for bathrooms and kitchen (not fitted) and rear garden turfed (who ever they got to do this done a very poor job though).

The after sales/warranty issues were poor as we are still having issues they don't seem interested in resolving.

I managed approx 10k discount on mine. I don't remember any real hassles in doing so.

I also got house carpeted throughout, tiles for bathrooms and kitchen (not fitted) and rear garden turfed (who ever they got to do this done a very poor job though).

The after sales/warranty issues were poor as we are still having issues they don't seem interested in resolving.

This might sound stupid but how did you go about getting your 10k discount? I'm not the best when it comes to haggling

Also what puts me off buying a new build is the stories you hear about the problems you then have after you move in

richardhateshibs

Looking at the Glenelg. Might not bother negotiating the price but focus on getting flooring, turfed back garden etc

Samuel Camazzola

This might sound stupid but how did you go about getting your 10k discount? I'm not the best when it comes to haggling

Also what puts me off buying a new build is the stories you hear about the problems you then have after you move in

Watch The Life Of Brian. You'll learn haggling techniques there.

I have had no issue with Walker and they give 2 years aftercare on a new build place.

Ask them pay your stamp duty,now called lbbt. I asked thinking they would tell me bolt but they didn't flinch and paid it for us. Quite a big sum on a large house!!

Not with Walker but we got ?15,000 off a ?200,000 new build house. It was a stock house and was ready to go. I think if you're buying off plan it's less likely but you can negotiate they include extras you want with no cost. We got fitted wardrobes. If you don't ask you don't get.

dalkeithjambo

I was looking around a few properties that were being built by various developers. I told them this and I'd also mentioned some were offering discounts and other incentives (which they were). I'm sure they offered 5k off and carpets initially. I considered but others were offering more so mentioned making it 10k plus other incentives.

They did put carpets in but they weren't the best quality. We are now getting round (5 years later) to getting the house our way regarding flooring etc.

I was looking around a few properties that were being built by various developers. I told them this and I'd also mentioned some were offering discounts and other incentives (which they were). I'm sure they offered 5k off and carpets initially. I considered but others were offering more so mentioned making it 10k plus other incentives.

They did put carpets in but they weren't the best quality. We are now getting round (5 years later) to getting the house our way regarding flooring etc.

Yep, the carpets in my bedrooms are shit and the flooring everywhere else is poor quality. The tiles in my bathrooms are fine though. I'd rather have paid a few grand more and chose decent flooring and carpets as it'll cost me ?1500+ (and fitting costs on top) to get decent flooring down. Then there's still the carpets to replace and the crappy laminate worktop in my kitchen to change.

I don't know how to post YouTube video. But search on Adam Sandler negotiate and watch the video of him cutting a deal with the little girl. That's it, that's how to learn to negotiate in two minutes.

Unless you have zero cash - then I wouldn't celebrate getting free flooring and turf. The flooring is utter shite and the turf quality and laying is worse.

If you're staying there and bringing up a family then just arrange it all yourself and enjoy the quality.

L&BT is a score though if they pay that.

Archived