Is the BBC English orientated?

i8hibsh

Just been hearing on the news that the Welsh, Irish and Scots are complaining that the BBc is evry English biased.

What do you all think?

I have to say that apart from football commentary (mainly that mod edit John Motson) it ain't all that bad

We have our own BBC one Scotland and to my knowledge so do the Welsh and Irish.

At the end of the day 85% of the British audience is English.

Do you think that the National news should be stopped like they suggest?

I like the national news and thinks it should stay as it is.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Just been hearing on the news that the Welsh, Irish and Scots are complaining that the BBc is evry English biased.

What do you all think?

I have to say that apart from football commentary (mainly that mod edit John Motson) it ain't all that bad

We dont need to stop the news, just Alex and his stormtroopers.

We dont need to stop the news, just Alex and his stormtroopers.

hahaha i started the thread with a big anti - Salmond shpeel but deleted as i was determined to have a post where i dont bring my political views into it but I see it lasted a whole 3 posts.

Salmond got interviewed about it - no need to say how he felt.

I just wish he would oblige to being interviewed as quick on matters more pressing like crime and health :)

there i've said it lol - no more i promise

The Old Tolbooth

It's only very English where sport is concerned, they absolutely love themselves and are completely up their own arses when it comes to sport, other than that, no problem whatsoever with them at all.

I think the BBC is fine.

Radio 1 is pretty much awful but apart from that, it's decent.

I get less angry looking at my tax section of my payslip everty month thinking of the idle scroungers than i do thinking my tax paying TV License money goes to paying the salary of that fat pub lord chris Moyles, sack jockey Zane Lowe and racist pig Trevor Nelson

grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

It's only very English where sport is concerned, they absolutely love themselves and are completely up their own arses when it comes to sport, other than that, no problem whatsoever with them at all.

Just think tho - surely John motson has to retire soon. He's been doing it for years:)

Oh and Garth Crooks is pointless - what is he all about

I can cope witht he Shearers etc ,dont actually mind em but Mark Lawrenson grrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest S.U.S.S.
hahaha i started the thread with a big anti - Salmond shpeel but deleted as i was determined to have a post where i dont bring my political views into it but I see it lasted a whole 3 posts.

Salmond got interviewed about it - no need to say how he felt.

I just wish he would oblige to being interviewed as quick on matters more pressing like crime and health :)

But he is far worse than any commentator, they simply get paid to talk crap, he gets paid to run a country yet spends his time taking cheap shots and point scoring against Westminster. If he truly wants an independent Scotland it will be much easier with some friends in Westminster not by alienating them all.

Oh aye, and the BBC is ok by me except when sport is mentioned.

But he is far worse than any commentator, they simply get paid to talk crap, he gets paid to run a country yet spends his time taking cheap shots and point scoring against Westminster. If he truly wants an independent Scotland it will be much easier with some friends in Westminster not by alienating them all.

Oh aye, and the BBC is ok by me except when sport is mentioned.

Yup and the BBC sports 'personality' really should be renamed to English sports person with no personality YYYY

Walter Bishop
Yup and the BBC sports 'personality' really should be renamed to English sports person with no personality YYYY

Why because Joe Calzaghe won it?:confused::confused::confused:

The Old Tolbooth
Just think tho - surely John motson has to retire soon. He's been doing it for years:)

Oh and Garth Crooks is pointless - what is he all about

I can cope witht he Shearers etc ,dont actually mind em but Mark Lawrenson grrrrrrrrrrrr

We think the same on that score mate, Lawrensons a ****** of the highest order, Motson needs put into care, and Garth Crooks needs to start commentating on chess, he's THAT boring!

I quite like Shearer too, and also Lineker doesn't bother me, funny enough Strap on does tho! :confused:

Why because Joe Calzaghe won it?:confused::confused::confused:

I am not just talking about 2008 mate that is why i put YYYY at end

Was Jackie Stewart not the last Scot to win like 30 years ago?

Calzaghe prob only Welshmen

It is usually always English

We think the same on that score mate, Lawrensons a ****** of the highest order, Motson needs put into care, and Garth Crooks needs to start commentating on chess, he's THAT boring!

I quite like Shearer too, and also Lineker doesn't bother me, funny enough Strap on does tho! :confused:

Yup Lineker is very likeable guy and i like the banter you get when there are Scots on the panel

And although Hansens head is so far up the english bum holes he is actually pretty decent too

Sky Sports is very Englush orientated.

Why is the EPL being advertised already?

Oh yeah, because England are out of Euro 2008 and they use Scotland,Ireland and Wales as an excuse not to look biased towards England being out of the tournament.

Its a joke, but thats England for ya.

Sky Sports is very Englush orientated.

Why is the EPL being advertised already?

Oh yeah, because England are out of Euro 2008 and they use Scotland,Ireland and Wales as an excuse not to look biased towards England being out of the tournament.

Its a joke, but thats England for ya.

That's also Sky for you.

I P Knightley

I may be imagining this but I thought I saw recently a report saying that the BBC news was too international and should be more focused on British stories. If this is the case, (a) it supports the view that the Beeb isn't English biased and (B) it's pure balderdash in a 21st century world where most of our affairs are affected by international matters.

I tend to rely on bbc.co.uk for my news and occasionally watch the BBC News at 10. I've never thought that they're overly biased towards in any direction at all.

Agree, though, with the views on the sports coverage. The US Open is kicking off and we'll hear as much about Luke Donald or Nick Dougherty as we do about Phil Mickelson or Jim Furyk.

The football and rugby coverage is worse. I haven't watched any of the studio commentary of Euro 2008 for fear of them banging on about Russia being awful and, if only England had been there in their place etc.

And whoever said that Gary Lineker's a decent sort of bloke - - - I've booked an appointment for you at the head shrinkers.

What do you all think?

It's not that it contains overly English coverage, it's the pro-establishment, pro-unionist agenda that's objectionable.

However, its international coverage is second to none.

The main criticism as far as I've been able to discern is that the BBC was too Londoncentric and that it did scant justice to parts of England as well as completely ignoring the other three Home countries. For instance: is the election of the mayor of London really national news?

Rick Grimes
It's not that it contains overly English coverage, it's the pro-establishment, pro-unionist agenda that's objectionable.

However, its international coverage is second to none.

what he said.

Archived