New Manager - What's the odds?

PTBCAL

What's the odds that the new manager (if we appt one) is not from the 3 on the shortlist.

I have a sneaky feeling that VR is upto his tricks again. Not heard anything as such but just past experience has taught me that with Hearts always expect the unexpected.

portobellojambo1
What's the odds that the new manager (if we appt one) is not from the 3 on the shortlist.

I have a sneaky feeling that VR is upto his tricks again. Not heard anything as such but just past experience has taught me that with Hearts always expect the unexpected.

I just posted on another thread PTBCAL, saying I hadn't a clue where these names came from. As someone else said the Icelandic guys name was mentioned way back in relation to the Hearts job, but I think at that time every manager out of work was being linked with Hearts.The other two just seem to be random names that have suddenly appeared from nowhere.

I suspect none of them will get anywhere near Tynecastle (but there again I haven't a clue who will).

(Hope it wasn't a smokescreen and the real man we were after was Scolari !!!!!) :)

Charlie-Brown

Why do you guys think that Weiss isn't in the frame when there are quotes from him saying he will have further talks at the weekend and quotes from his club saying they've been approached by Hearts / Romanov's people - now of course this is not to say he will get a firm job offer but surely it means he is at least in contention or being given consideration?

Hearts will not rush the decision.

I've just pished my pants.

****ing hilarious.

That's it Vlad, don't want to make any rash decisions now do we? :Bazooka:

:bigyawn:

]I've just pished my pants.[/b]

****ing hilarious.

That's it Vlad' date=' don't want to make any rash decisions now do we? :Bazooka:

:bigyawn:[/quote']

How old are you?

Why do you guys think that Weiss isn't in the frame when there are quotes from him saying he will have further talks at the weekend and quotes from his club saying they've been approached by Hearts / Romanov's people - now of course this is not to say he will get a firm job offer but surely it means he is at least in contention or being given consideration?

Ohh I have no doubts 1 or at least 2 will be interviewed but I just wonder if any of them will get the job.

Out of the 3 I want Weiss.

Guest JamboRobbo

That was my thinking when I read the names the other day. A ruse to lower expectations, then the real name is greeted with glee, cause it's a bit better than what was expected.

Guest JamboRobbo
I've just pished my pants.

****ing hilarious.

That's it Vlad, don't want to make any rash decisions now do we?

Indeed. Vlad doesn't want to make a rash decision. :rofl:

That'll be him completely lost as to what to do next then.

Drylaw Hearts
Ohh I have no doubts 1 or at least will be interviewed but I just wonder if any of them will get the job.

Out of the 3 I want Weiss.

PTBCAL................

What is it about that guy you like ?

Because in all honesty I just don't see it.

Everything about it suggests it will be a disaster.

PTBCAL................

What is it about that guy you like ?

Because in all honesty I just don't see it.

Everything about it suggests it will be a disaster.

TBH like everyone else here I do not know alot about him.

What I do know he has won the league and cup with a very unfancied team twice - and in Europe he got some trememdous results on a budget less than Pinalla's annual wage. He seems more of a 'winner' and I seem to recall that he play's football the right way.

However your right - these are not the names I envisaged to be in the frame and to that effect I am disappointed. That said, I just want a manager with full control over team selection and in place by 25 th June.

Drylaw Hearts
TBH like everyone else here I do not know alot about him.

What I do know he has won the league and cup with a very unfancied team twice - and in Europe he got some trememdous results on a budget less than Pinalla's annual wage. He seems more of a 'winner' and I seem to recall that he play's football the right way.

However your right - these are not the names I envisaged to be in the frame and to that effect I am disappointed. That said, I just want a manager with full control over team selection and in place by 25 th June.

I'm far from convinced mate.

Are Artmedia an unfancied team in Slovakia ? I honestly wouldn't know.

Foriegn managers and SPL Football don't really go hand in hand.

Unless I'm mistaken. with the exception of Advocaat and Janson, any foriegn managers in our Leagues have a poor record.

I would rather wait on the right man and bring in someone who the fans could need really get behind.

I think the majority would feel cheated by getting Weiss or the ex-Kaunas guy.

Thor would get the backing though it seems.

But not for the right reasons.

From the comments on here it appears to be liked because he is a bit mental.

We need to do what Rangers did when they were in a complete mess when they dumped PLG.

Bring in someone who knows the club, knows Scottish/British football and is a traditional, strong willed, Manager.

I would like to think I'm not a bad judge and I have a horrible, horrible feeling when I read the 3 names on that list.

If any of them get the job I would hazard a guess that we'll be looking for another Manager within a year.

It's just not good enough.

VR is not a great judge when it comes to hiring Coaches/Managers.

Infact he's the worst judge EVER.

Unless I'm mistaken. with the exception of Advocaat and Janson, any foriegn managers in our Leagues have a poor record.

I would rather wait on the right man and bring in someone who the fans could need really get behind.

We need to do what Rangers did when they were in a complete mess when they dumped PLG.

Bring in someone who knows the club, knows Scottish/British football and is a traditional, strong willed, Manager.

I would like to think I'm not a bad judge and I have a horrible, horrible feeling when I read the 3 names on that list.

If any of them get the job I would hazard a guess that we'll be looking for another Manager within a year.

Cannot argue with anything you said there.

I suppose it's striking a balance - Frail and AK until the right man comes along - whether that's now or August/Sept etc... and I agree with this approach. No point in getting a short term solution when Hearts problems are long term.

Drylaw Hearts
Cannot argue with anything you said there.

I suppose it's striking a balance - Frail and AK until the right man comes along - whether that's now or August/Sept etc... and I agree with this approach. No point in getting a short term solution when Hearts problems are long term.

I would rather stick with them than let VR pick yet another Manager.

As you say we need a long term appointment.

'Long term' being 2 full Season at a minimum.

George Burley was appointed 3 years ago and since then we've had :

Graham Rix

Valdas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoli Korabochka

Angel Cerenkov

Steven Frail

7 Managers in 3 years is a frickin disgrace at any level.

After the long silence, every man and his dog is now in the frame, i am quite enjoying this its like a lucky dip, could be a smoke screen mate, who knows.:107years:

Dunno about that, what was the name of that dude at Aberdeen?

;)

Drylaw Hearts
Dunno about that, what was the name of that dude at Aberdeen?

;)

Ebbe Skovdahl.

winston churchill
The Herald also saying that apart from the 3 mentioned several other candidates being spoken to, Hearts will not rush the decision and hope to have the new man in place by the Glentoran match (july 14th) if not before.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/281168738?-347

six months and counting:rolleyes:.

funny,it never took man city or chelsea long to find new managers:rolleyes:

winston churchill
Ebbe Skovdahl.

what about the bam that won the scottish cup with united ,and liked to smell the flowers:wacko:

If we can agree on one thing?

None of us want another puppet. Ignoring just what Weiss has done and with whom

Out of this short list in order of puppetry - Zyg, Weiss, Gudjor

Weiss is already coming across mr humble - big club, big history, big step up.

Sounds like exactly the sort of man that will take interference from Vlad just to get the gig

Weiss has disaster written all over him and the fact there is any backing on here - for the interference risk alone is surprising.

I share the OPs thoughts on this list

If this is the short list after 6 and a bit months it is incompetence in the extreme and it is indefensible

Drylaw Hearts
what about the bam that won the scottish cup with united ,and liked to smell the flowers:wacko:

Ivan Golac.

He once rated Jerron Nixon at ?20million.

He left Utd for ?200,000.

George Burley was appointed 3 years ago and since then we've had :

Graham Rix

Valdas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoli Korabochka

Angel Cerenkov

Steven Frail

7 Managers in 3 years is a frickin disgrace at any level.

Its not just that DH.

The 6 since Burley have all been incompetent. None up to the job and none acceptable to Hearts pre-Romanov, never mind with his supposed financial backing

Raised this point a few times.

I have never even had one attempt at distorting these FACTS never mind defending them, not even from NMH, not even had a pitiful attempt at smooching Romanov on this

It is indefensible

It continues to be indefensible

We have not been waiting 6 months for a manager - we've been waiting 2 and a half years

Drylaw Hearts
Its not just that DH.

The 6 since Burley have all been incompetent. None up to the job and none acceptable to Hearts pre-Romanov, never mind with his supposed financial backing

Raised this point a few times.

I have never even had one attempt at distorting these FACTS never mind defending them, not even from NMH, not even had a pitiful attempt at smooching Romanov on this

It is indefensible

It continues to be indefensible

We have not been waiting 6 months for a manager - we've been waiting 2 and a half years

I agree.

VR is taking the pish and for whatever reason some are refusing to acknowledge this.

If this is the short list after 6 and a bit months it is incompetence in the extreme and it is indefensible

Completely agree but sadly it is no surprise. It has become more and more apparent that Romanov does not give a toss about HMFC and is in this for very different reasons than making OUR football club a success.

He has absolutely no clue when it comes to football management and what it takes to build a side and chooses to ignore experienced qualified people who would have us in a far better position. Ignorant, arrogant, incompetent, inept are just a few of the politer words I would use to describe the head of our regime.

Father Tiresias
How old are you?

Do you need to be a certain age to post your thoughts on Kickback now???

Father Tiresias
Completely agree but sadly it is no surprise. It has become more and more apparent that Romanov does not give a toss about HMFC and is in this for very different reasons than making OUR football club a success.

He has absolutely no clue when it comes to football management and what it takes to build a side and chooses to ignore experienced qualified people who would have us in a far better position. Ignorant, arrogant, incompetent, inept are just a few of the politer words I would use to describe the head of our regime.

Absolutely 100% correct!!!

Cut The Crap
I agree.

VR is taking the pish and for whatever reason some are refusing to acknowledge this.

He's not so much taking the pish -we're giving it away.

Drylaw Hearts
Well he should be past the stage of pishing his pants.

He maybe has a medicle condition.

Why are people so anti Weiss? His actual track record is good. Better than Levein and JJ (I know I’m going to get hell for this but what the hey) .

Could it be that its because he is ,dare I say it, Eastern European….. For crying out loud people Slovakia isn’t exactly deepest darkest Siberia.

Its really starting to annoy me that people keep going on about needing a British Manager….. Why? Would Gus McPherson be good? No! Gavin Rae? No! it would make my skin crawl the idea of these people being Manager of Heart of Midlothian.

Have Chelsea just appointed a British Manager? Have Arsenal? Have Liverpool? Have HIBS? no!

We need a manager, who can deal with Vlad whether he is Scottish, English, Polish or Bangladeshi it doesn’t matter we just need a manger.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Jam Tarts 1874
Why are people so anti Weiss? His actual track record is good. Better than Levein and JJ (I know I?m going to get hell for this but what the hey) .

Could it be that its because he is ,dare I say it, Eastern European?.. For crying out loud people Slovakia isn?t exactly deepest darkest Siberia.

Its really starting to annoy me that people keep going on about needing a British Manager?.. Why? Would Gus McPherson be good? No! Gavin Rae? No! it would make my skin crawl the idea of these people being Manager of Heart of Midlothian.

Have Chelsea just appointed a British Manager? Have Arsenal? Have Liverpool? Have HIBS? no!

We need a manager, who can deal with Vlad whether he is Scottish, English, Polish or Bangladeshi it doesn?t matter we just need a manger.

Well said, but you are wasting your time. There are so many narrow minded people on here, I really didn't realise just how many of our fellow Hearts fans were incapable of seeing past the nose on their own face until I joined this site.

Drylaw Hearts
Why are people so anti Weiss? His actual track record is good. Better than Levein and JJ (I know I?m going to get hell for this but what the hey) .

Could it be that its because he is ,dare I say it, Eastern European?.. For crying out loud people Slovakia isn?t exactly deepest darkest Siberia.

Its really starting to annoy me that people keep going on about needing a British Manager?.. Why? Would Gus McPherson be good? No! Gavin Rae? No! it would make my skin crawl the idea of these people being Manager of Heart of Midlothian.

We need a manager, who can deal with Vlad whether he is Scottish, English, Polish or Bangladeshi it doesn?t matter we just need a manger.

How did you figure that one out ?

Dear Lord BJ

My first choice would not be Weiss…. As I have stated on several occasions on other threads I’d prefer JJ. For pretty much the reasons you state. Knows the club, knows the league and maybe most of all knows the fans.

I do just feel however as soon any name that is not British sounding is linked it is immediately ridiculed. Now I maybe wrong and reading into things that are not there… and I hope I am wrong.

Now I may have gone OTT in my last post and I apologise, but its very stressful being a Jambo right now. I just want Hearts to get back to winning, or at least... beating Hibs

it is difficult to be positive about appointing weiss as the new manager not only because he does not have any experience of the scottish game but primarily because he does not have a grasp of the english langauge. when one cannot convey the message directly to the players the whole emphasis is lost in translation by a third party. Angel is prime example of this. As far as shouting and screaming at the players in an effort to gee them up is concerned, i do recall Malofeev doing just that on many an occassion but because he did not speak english the players had not a clue what he was saying and the value of it was lost. I have to say that I tend to think that we need a save pair hands at the moment and that would mean going for Jeffries.

Drylaw Hearts
Dear Lord BJ

My first choice would not be Weiss?. As I have stated on several occasions on other threads I?d prefer JJ. For pretty much the reasons you state. Knows the club, knows the league and maybe most of all knows the fans.

I do just feel however as soon any name that is not British sounding is linked it is immediately ridiculed. Now I maybe wrong and reading into things that are not there? and I hope I am wrong.

Now I may have gone OTT in my last post and I apologise, but its very stressful being a Jambo right now. I just want Hearts to get back to winning, or at least... beating Hibs

The names aren't riduculed.

They are simply uninspiring, unexciting, unproven and not what we require at this moment in time.

I do just feel however as soon any name that is not British sounding is linked it is immediately ridiculed. Now I maybe wrong and reading into things that are not there… and I hope I am wrong.

You are wrong - read the posts.

For a change there is actually a proper debate about the merits of this topic and this potential manager

1. He was has no British experience

2. He was not a success on his only stint outside Slovakia

3. He is, IMO, more likely to be interefered with by Romanov as Weiss seems to be very humble about the opportunity to manager Hearts. This, IMO, puts him into the camp of not requiring the same control assurances that McGhee did or Gudjor would. If he comes out and makes a strong statement otherwise then so be it, I will accept that for what it is worth

4. He doesnt have good English - we have seen how this is a problem and can be taken advantage of at Hearts since Romanov arrived

5. At FC Saturn he played players out of position, publicly criticised individual players and drew 16 out of 30 games - mostly 0-0 and 1-1. He didnt get the best out of Vekcovic (a ?5m approx signing)

He is not the appointment we need and strikes me as very similar to Cervenkov to the extent that he will be no more than a face to a selection committee with Vlad in the Chairman role.

Charlie-Brown

Jefferies & Levein both failed in their only stints outside Scotland in Leagues that are far more similar to the style of play in the SPL than any other league in Europe......in fact Levein hasn't technically been successful at all except at improving teams with a few decent one off results in europe.

But the main point I would make is that Levein and Jefferies were at Leicester and Bradford when it would have been difficult for most managers to make any significant improvement given the circumstances at those clubs at that point in time.....Weiss is being criticised for his stint at Moscow Saturn where basically they stood still in his time there - 11th prior to his arrival and 11th during his only full season there - he didn't lose many games but drew loads - what we don't know was the circumstances at Saturn at the time, was the team in decline, what money was available compared to competitors, was the team age-ing or a young team, had their best players left, what was the relationship / support like from management?

We accept Jefferies & Levein had a difficult time 'abroad' due mostly to difficult circumstances at those clubs but it doesn't make them bad managers....

Guest JamboRobbo
Jefferies & Levein both failed in their only stints outside Scotland in Leagues that are far more similar to the style of play in the SPL than any other league in Europe......in fact Levein hasn't technically been successful at all except at improving teams with a few decent one off results in europe.

Which illustrates the point. Moving to a new league you've not managed in before is not easy......

The converse of which is, bringing in a manager from another country is a huge gamble which could go horribly wrong......

and I don't think we need to be taking gambles right now. We need stability. Common sense.

Apparently if you can spell his surname then the bookies will give you a price.

Drylaw Hearts
Which illustrates the point. Moving to a new league you've not managed in before is not easy......

The converse of which is, bringing in a manager from another country is a huge gamble which could go horribly wrong......

and I don't think we need to be taking gambles right now. We need stability. Common sense.

bingo.gif

Right lets cut the crap - If Romanov really wanted Hearts to be successful he'd be setting his sights a little higher than the Artmedia manager and some icelandic non-entity wouldn't he.

The fact is he just wants someone to manipulate. Thats all he's ever wanted. He had someone who was getting results and he couldn't sack him quick enough.

He has no interest in appointing someone good, unless that someone is prepared to put up with his meddling, which nobody is.

So now we're in the familiar process of reading through looking at the names linked with the job and googling them to find out who they are. They may as well just appoint the Kaunas manager (whoever he is). He's been successful in an comparable league to these guys and would probably cost a lot less.

PresidentRomanov
Right lets cut the crap - If Romanov really wanted Hearts to be successful he'd be setting his sights a little higher than the Artmedia manager and some icelandic non-entity wouldn't he.

The fact is he just wants someone to manipulate. Thats all he's ever wanted. He had someone who was getting results and he couldn't sack him quick enough.

He has no interest in appointing someone good, unless that someone is prepared to put up with his meddling, which nobody is.

So now we're in the familiar process of reading through looking at the names linked with the job and googling them to find out who they are. They may as well just appoint the Kaunas manager (whoever he is). He's been successful in an comparable league to these guys and would probably cost a lot less.

There's me thinking he was going to pay McGhee ?375,000 a year too :rolleyes:

There's me thinking he was going to pay McGhee ?375,000 a year too :rolleyes:

Read the 3rd paragraph again :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
Read the 3rd paragraph again :rolleyes:

I just did, still don't know what you're on abaout - unless your suggesting McGhee only found out he wouldn't have control, just as he was about to board his flight to Lithuania :rolleyes:

Maybe the girl at check in told him :P

Archived