Ignorant Commentators

christhejambo

christhejambo

It's the Czech Republic- not fecking Czechoslovakia!! Has been for about 15 years now. Are we going to hear the Germans referred to as West Germany in the next match, Russia as the USSR etc. I can excuse the odd slip, but my Slovak mate is round watchin the game this afternoon and its doin his tits in too. Theyre doing it every time now!

Same the other day. They were talking about Macho (the Austrain keeper who played in England for a few years), and after aknowledging the correct pronunciation of his name ('Mack-o'), said " but weve know him as Macho for a while now so will just stick to what we know". OK Motson, i know that your name is John, but ive know you as a complete bellend for a while now, so thats what i'll call you seeing as it suits me.

Erses.

Sexton Hardcastle

It was worse when he said about Portugal dropping points. Conpairing them to England. Saying how England always manage to drop points. England struggle to qualify bla bla. Fecking ***** ITV.

BBC aint much better. Bring on FanZone

How these guys get paid to be commentators I'll never know. Best bit was when he said Czechoslovakia and then corrected himself by saying Republic of Czechoslovakia...

christhejambo
How these guys get paid to be commentators I'll never know. Best bit was when he said Czechoslovakia and then corrected himself by saying Republic of Czechoslovakia...

Shocking. I seriously think i could give a better, more impartial and accurate commentary. Fair play to these guys though - getting a job watching football all over the world, whilst posessing nothing between the ears should be commended. :confused:

Denny Crane

I remember back in 87 when the BBC screened a 0-0 draw between Turkey and England. Motson started blethering on how some of the Turkish players are known by their Christian names. What's the official religion of Turkey again Motty?

What's the official religion of Turkey again Motty?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There isn't one. They pride themselves on being a secular society.

Denny Crane
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There isn't one. They pride themselves on being a secular society.

Turkey does project itself as a secular republic, though one in which almost all of the inhabitants are at least nominally Muslim (predominantly Sunni but also Alev? - a variant of the denomination commonly known as Shi'a).

And drop the sneering routine. I know you're a Chelsea fan but that's no excuse.

Turkey does project itself as a secular republic, though one in which almost all of the inhabitants are at least nominally Muslim (predominantly Sunni but also Alev? - a variant of the denomination commonly known as Shi'a).

And drop the sneering routine. I know you're a Chelsea fan but that's no excuse.

24 minutes on Wikipedia or similar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Commander Harris

you said "official religion" - there isn't one, regardless of what the religious makeup of the state is.

your initial complaint was just playing with semantics anyway. In the English Language "Christian name" is synonymous with "given name" or "first name".

you said "official religion" - there isn't one, regardless of what the religious makeup of the state is.

your initial complaint was just playing with semantics anyway. In the English Language "Christian name" is synonymous with "given name" or "first name".

He's obviously one of the many on here who go out of their way to be easily offended. Shame they don't consider the facts first. :sad:

Mark Bright the other day referred to France as 'the frogs'. Is that what we pay the license fee for?

Denny Crane
He's obviously one of the many on here who go out of their way to be easily offended. Shame they don't consider the facts first. :sad:

Well your entire persona just oozes offence Therapist. Particularly to one's nostrils when I saw you last when you were making an exit from that stray dog's anus.

Well you did choose to make it personal.

Denny Crane

Point noted - seems like I've given away my desire to be a football commentator. ;)

As for your second point - this will sound like I'm quibbling (and I probably am - plus this is not a pop at yourself) - but Motty could have quite easily used the term "forename".

If that makes me PC then what the heck. Rather be that than at the opposite end of that particular scale.

Denny Crane
24 minutes on Wikipedia or similar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It helps you to get a semi to jack off with, then I won't contradict you even though you are way off the mark.

:bigyawn:

Archived