Midge Candles !!!!!

glentoranhearts

chester copperpot

You get good oil burners that do the trick from B&Q.

Got a couple for the garden, midgey problem sorted.

christhejambo

You can get Citronella candles from B&Q, Homebase, Outdoors shops (Millets, Blacks etc)- be surprised if the bigger supermarkets haven't got them in at this time of year too

Doctor FinnBarr

Skin So Soft from Avon works a treat. Lots of nice smelling bikers at summer rallies nowadays!

:)

Doctor FinnBarr
Skin So Soft from Avon works a treat. Lots of nice smelling bikers at summer rallies nowadays!

:)

Theres 3 types according to wife, its the spray you want.

:confused:

blondejamtart

For anyone buying the Skin So Soft as a midge repellent, it's the dry oil spray you're looking for, and it's got to be the green one - used to be called Woodland Fresh, think it may now be soft and fresh (or something like that!)

Doctor FinnBarr
For anyone buying the Skin So Soft as a midge repellent, it's the dry oil spray you're looking for, and it's got to be the green one - used to be called Woodland Fresh, think it may now be soft and fresh (or something like that!)

Sorry, didn,t realise I needed to state bottle colour!

I'm marshalling for the Caledonian Challenge at Glencoe at some ridiculously early hour on Saturday a.m. so have got gallons of the stuff in the car plus a very attractive net/hat thingy. After 7 hours, I'll be able to judge how effective it really is :sad:

Pray for me.

I'm marshalling for the Caledonian Challenge at Glencoe at some ridiculously early hour on Saturday a.m. so have got gallons of the stuff in the car plus a very attractive net/hat thingy. After 7 hours, I'll be able to judge how effective it really is :sad:

Pray for me.

The stuff works a treat. Just make sure you've got it on every bit of exposed skin, as the wee buggers will get you otherwise!

Pray for me.

they work great as long as there is not a hole in the top, and you can even drink through the mesh

yvonnejambo

We have midge suits that you can buy up this way, think its like a net curtain idea. You could just wrap yourself in cling film :)

blondejamtart
Sorry, didn,t realise I needed to state bottle colour!

Well it does come in other varieties too - but only the green one is effective against midges!

Oh, and Barby, a friend of mine did the Caledonian Challenge a couple of years back and swore by the Skin So Soft stuff for the midges! She said she only got one bite, while other folk who had used other repellents were covered in them!

We have midge suits that you can buy up this way, think its like a net curtain idea. You could just wrap yourself in cling film :)

Why do I find the idea strangely... err.. alluring. :)

Well it does come in other varieties too - but only the green one is effective against midges!

Oh, and Barby, a friend of mine did the Caledonian Challenge a couple of years back and swore by the Skin So Soft stuff for the midges! She said she only got one bite, while other folk who had used other repellents were covered in them!

and she probably moved faster than I will... :rolleyes:

Archived