McGhee making more murmurings......

Clerry Jambo

Gerd Muller

Like how he doesnt mention Hibs when interested in Motherwell's quality players! :)

Mhark McGhhee is full of weasel words. That's what being at ra sellik does for you. We had a lucky escape there.

maroonlegions
Like how he doesnt mention Hibs when interested in Motherwell's quality players! :)

?I?d love to manage a team in European competition. When you produce a good player at a club like Motherwell he?ll be taken, either by the Old-Firm, Hearts or Aberdeen.

:107years::107years:;), true.

glentoranhearts

McGee was given his opportunity, didny fancy it

So he can GTF :)Re of what he has to say

NoseLikeMahe
Mhark McGhhee is full of weasel words. That's what being at ra sellik does for you. We had a lucky escape there.

Thhe bhus tho Ihbrox dheparts ihn phlenty thime fhor yhou tho ghet thhere ohn mhatch dhays. Dhon't whorry... nhobody shuspects yhou mhight bhe ehven shlightly bhigoted. :)

Thhe bhus tho Ihbrox dheparts ihn phlenty thime fhor yhou tho ghet thhere ohn mhatch dhays. Dhon't whorry... nhobody shuspects yhou mhight bhe ehven shlightly bhigoted. :)

:troll:

Ibrahim Tall

Agreed.

He's nothing but tout himself for jobs elsewhere sinse the minute he got the Motherwell job, his latest little "look at me" bollocks weeks after claiming he was 'loyal' to Motherwell and happily taking more money off them just takes the ****. Can't say i'd happy if he came out with the same ****e here.

Captain Canada

How can he carry on in the Well job after those comments, if he thinks the job is beneath him then he should leave now and give somebody else a chance who would be grateful for it. He'd do well (no pun intended) to remember where he was before they gave him a chance to resume his managerial career i.e. on the scrap heap

Chad Sexington

If I was a Well fan...shudder...I would feel very uncomfortable with these comments.

Why doesn't he just wear a sandwich board saying "Will suck for Celtic job"?

:rolleyes:

Jings, I actually agree with Terapist...well, at least the bits in bold anyway. Must be a full moon or something.

I said around the time of the Hearts thing that I was disappointed, but that I'd be worried if I was a 'well supporter. Now I'm just very relieved and if I was a 'well fan, he'd be irritating me more by the minute.

I'm still not convinced at all that it was ever loyalty that stopped him getting on that plane to meet Vlad, but whatever it was...it must have been something pretty big. Something he clearly still has his eye on now. I guess it'll all come out in the wash.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Romanov should call his bluff and see if he has had a change of Heart

towards our vacancy , he did chase him for 5 months after-all

McGhee maybe be having second thoughts and jump at the chance to

come to Tynecastle

I am not too sure of the nominations mentioned today would be ideal in

the SPL

Clerry Jambo

come to Tynecastle

the SPL

Agree AJ - would have taken McGhee over any of the names mentioned today.

Still clinging on for a Billy Davies type but looks like a forlorn hope:sad:

Romanov should call his bluff and see if he has had a change of Heart towards our vacancy

Why? His actions over the last couple of weeks have proved he's as slippery as an eehl. It'd be asking for trouble.

Chad Sexington
Why? His actions over the last couple of weeks have proved he's as slippery as an eehl. It'd be asking for trouble.

Have to admit thats a good one.

:laugh:

No Way!!! Seriously??? I would NEVER have thought that of Therapist :eek::P

(No spaces in the name this time!!;))

Dirk Diggler

As much as I was disappointed when he never got on the plane, If he ever said anything like that whilst manager of Hearts I'd want him removed from his position immediately.

Who the feck does he think he is?

I almost feel sorry for the MFC fans.

*The last part is a lie.

Guest jambomickey

all mcghee does is blow his own trumpet and thinks he much better than he is, lets see how good he is this season

Miller Jambo 60

come to Tynecastle

the SPL

Whats well paying that fud

So what are the last few players Hearts poached from Motherwell ? And what date were they. Wonder what was Mcghee was doing then.

Hearts are a pretty rubbish example I reckon.

Motherwell fans must be spewing, I for one am delighted at that.

Crowds of 50,000 duh wonder who he means.

Certainly cant see him, being welcomed down govan way.

Darth Sidious

What a muppet. Think we dodged the bullet with this one. Enjoy the bottom six and offers from the Blue Square Premier.

Strachan will be heading down south at the end of next season after winning the title 4 on the trot so he will be seen as a legend.

McGhee will then take over at Celtic

I believe McGhee has gambled on getting the Smeltic job and he may end up there but he has knocked back a much better job with better facilities/more fan base/money etc etc for this gamble. I like Mcghee and think he comes across very well and calm and usually says the right things however I now agree we had a close escape as taking on a manager with one eye on the exit door would to state the obvious be very bad.

Not going to say I hate McGhee now but must admit the Hearts board have been getting pelters on JKB for taking so long in making an appointment wheras I now think McGhee led them up the garden path and they in the wake of the Phil O`Donnell situation were prepared to wait just to be gazumped by MM. Vlad and his crew are to blame for a lot but not this IMO and the back up plan could never been fully implemented until you know your no1 target is not on board.

I find it ironic that MM by all reports has been in Lithuania at least once and had other meetings all I would suspect without the permission of Boyle who has now rewarded his treachery by doubling his salary...... only in football

I believe McGhee has gambled on getting the Smeltic job and he may end up there but he has knocked back a much better job with better facilities/more fan base/money etc etc for this gamble. I like Mcghee and think he comes across very well and calm and usually says the right things however I now agree we had a close escape as taking on a manager with one eye on the exit door would to state the obvious be very bad.

Not going to say I hate McGhee now but must admit the Hearts board have been getting pelters on JKB for taking so long in making an appointment wheras I now think McGhee led them up the garden path and they in the wake of the Phil O`Donnell situation were prepared to wait just to be gazumped by MM. Vlad and his crew are to blame for a lot but not this IMO and the back up plan could never been fully implemented until you know your no1 target is not on board.

I find it ironic that MM by all reports has been in Lithuania at least once and had other meetings all I would suspect without the permission of Boyle who has now rewarded his treachery by doubling his salary...... only in football

That's very much my take on it too, Heartbeat. Maybe it's easy to be magnanimous in defeat and say that I'm now glad he isn't here but I'd like to think that my opinion on him would be the same regardless of where he'd ended up. As someone else said, knowing he had one eye on the door would not be particularly encouraging or reassuring.

I don't blame Vlad. Not for this. This has all been McGhee's call and may he reap what he sows.

colinmaroon

I think that's a good assessment of the situation and as nearly 'accurate' as it's possible to be.

Jam Tarts 1874
Strachan will be heading down south at the end of next season after winning the title 4 on the trot so he will be seen as a legend.

McGhee will then take over at Celtic

If Celtic get off to a bad start and do badly in the Champions League, I think Strachan may be gone by Christmas.

If Celtic get off to a bad start and do badly in the Champions League, I think Strachan may be gone by Christmas.

I think it may well be that Strachan will make the decision himself and walk. Given the state of our club I find it laughable that the current champions manager is absolutely hated by a large section of there fans. I know smeltic fans that would have gladly forfeited the league to get rid of him and a season ticket holder who renews but refuses to go until WGS is gone. What would we give for a fud that could win the league eh?

He has a bit of a history of walking away and with the tv potential that he is being given he may just not need the hassle anymore. I always wondered where he went wrong or changed cos he did used to be funny

Two examples

Reporter: Gordon can we have a quick word.

Strachan: Velocity

Reporter: asks some stupid question that I cant recall

Strachan: I have more important things to do than listen to this. For example I`ve a yoghurt in the fridge needs to be eaten by tomorrow

:)

..... I always wondered where he went wrong or changed cos he did used to be funny.....

examples

Reporter: Gordon can we have a quick word.

Strachan: Velocity...:)

That lines not even his.

He shamefully stole it from Manyoo & Scotland's Martin Buchan.

Thieving hibby, well i never.

Never understood Celtic fans or their bizarre tendency to take against managers for little or no reason. What more do they want from him?

He was insistent that their gum bumping (and that of the media, on occasion) didn't bother him in the slightest but his comments immediately after the game at Tannadice put that idea swiftly to bed. He's tenacious, that's for sure - but for how long will he feel like he actually needs to be? He'll eventually think 'sod this' at some point.

I just don't believe that Celtic will hand McGhee the job when he doesn't have the European stuff under his belt. Why on earth would they? Ack, confusing. All of it.

Never understood Celtic fans or their bizarre tendency to take against managers for little or no reason. What more do they want from him?

He was insistent that their gum bumping (and that of the media, on occasion) didn't bother him in the slightest but his comments immediately after the game at Tannadice put that idea swiftly to bed. He's tenacious, that's for sure - but for how long will he feel like he actually needs to be? He'll eventually think 'sod this' at some point.

I just don't believe that Celtic will hand McGhee the job when he doesn't have the European stuff under his belt. Why on earth would they? Ack, confusing. All of it.

Strachan never had european experience.

I get the feeling MM has got the job in the bag

He just does not want to publically stab his old mate in the back

Yet anyway

Drylaw Hearts

Yet anyway

Maybe it was his old mate that tipped him off ?

McGhee did say that both Sir Alex Ferguson and Gordon Strachan spoke to him and advised him not to take the job.

Bunny Munro

"I?d love to manage a team in European competition"

Someone's not been paying attention.;)

McGhee did say that both Sir Alex Ferguson and Gordon Strachan spoke to him and advised him not to take the job.

Perhaps you are right

Defo think he is only waiting for strachan to resign now, for the celtic job.

Seymour M Hersh

The information I received mentions no doubling of salary and the call at the airport was not from Nancy but (allegedly)his agent telling him to sit tight as wgs might be for the off and the sellik board have given him (the agent) the nod.

Well according to NOW (if you can rely on anything they say) a week past Sunday McGhee knocked us back after taking a call from Strachan. Has to be cos lets be honest why would you stay where you were when you had a better offer especially as he stated he COULD work with Vlad if something you felt was better was not in the pipeline

Yet anyway

S'pose not...still seems a bit more risky than Strachan ever did though. Perhaps unfairly so but there's just something odd about it.

I agree with Mr Drylaw though, I don't think there's any backstabbing going on unless its towards Hearts. If wee ginge is for the off, McGhee would be among the first to know.

Thats the thing Redm, I don't get this assumption from people (and not just on here either) that he'll get the Sheellltttteeekkkk job. When Strapon leaves, the Sheelllttteeeekkkk Board will be looking for a much higher profile and calibre manager than Mark McGhee, who, for all intensive purposes has achieved the square root of heehaw in football management terms!!

He may appear to be whoring himself for Ra Sheelleek job but it doesn't mean he'll be given it for one good season in the SPL.

Yet anyway

But he did have experience of of the English Premiership and took Southampton to the English FA Cup final.

Clerry Jambo

What if Motherwell and McGhee have an indifferent season - would Tic still want him:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
S'pose not...still seems a bit more risky than Strachan ever did though. Perhaps unfairly so but there's just something odd about it.

I agree with Mr Drylaw though, I don't think there's any backstabbing going on unless its towards Hearts. If wee ginge is for the off, McGhee would be among the first to know.

I kinda like that.

032805_MuscleMan.jpg

Csaba's Broon Shoes
What if Motherwell and McGhee have an indifferent season - would Tic still want him:rolleyes:

Celtic will not touch him with a barge pole if Motherwell finish outside the

top 4 , with the steelmen now the team to catch for 3rd spot only Hearts

under Levein have achieved back to back Bronze in the SPL

No way will the Well have such a good season especially having there

minds set on 2 uefa cup games

Archived