Edinburgh City (non HMFC)

Tams bird

Jam Tarts 1874

It would be good to see another wee Edinburgh team to rival the hobos, but let's be honest, how many Meadowbank (apart from East of Scotland Shield) games did we all attend? I think I went to one.

Due to the facilities at meadowbank I think they could well get in.

I'd like to see them come into the SFL, not sure how long they'd last though. Claims they are a 'community club' as long as they get a few hundred at the games they will be doing very well.

Know a few Edinburgh City players, standard isn't great. If you are good and fit you have every chance. Have to dramatically increase calibre of their players to make a real go of it.

Dunno about the latest on this, but I though meadowbank was being demolished for flats in the not too distant future... Can anyone elaborate?

lost in leith
Dunno about the latest on this, but I though meadowbank was being demolished for flats in the not too distant future... Can anyone elaborate?

Details of the campaign to save Meadowbank here -

http://www.savemeadowbank.org/

Another classic example of the council's incompetence over the years. I guess there may be some material here, haven't checked myself.

http://www.edinburghsucks.com/

MacDonald Jardine
Know a few Edinburgh City players, standard isn't great. If you are good and fit you have every chance. Have to dramatically increase calibre of their players to make a real go of it.

I'd have thought most teams would be looking for good players who were fit.

Details of the campaign to save Meadowbank here -

http://www.savemeadowbank.org/

Another classic example of the council's incompetence over the years. I guess there may be some material here, haven't checked myself.

http://www.edinburghsucks.com/

Dont get me wrong, all for keeping Meadowbank, but I thought the save campaign lost a fairly crucial vote a few months back. Where does Edinburgh City go if Meadowbank becomes flats??

Used to play for them. Can say that their now U-19's won't be that great next season.

Charlie-Brown
Dont get me wrong, all for keeping Meadowbank, but I thought the save campaign lost a fairly crucial vote a few months back. Where does Edinburgh City go if Meadowbank becomes flats??

Murrayfield. :P

Used to play for them. Can say that their now U-19's won't be that great next season.

Juvenille (youth) or East of Scotland?

I'd happily wager that their U/19 East of Scotlad team will win the league next season.

Has to be said, I go to watch City games on a regular basis and they would easily hold their own against SFL opposition (which ive watched a fair bit of recently) and have proved it in recent cup ties when they should have beaten both Stirling Albion and East Stirling and were robbed by some suspect officials.

They would need to raise their fitness levels and bring in a couple of players but the nucleus of the first team could do a job.

As for Meadowbank, the stadium is meant to be replaced by a new arena and its only the back of the Sports Centre coupled with St Margarets House etc which is being demolished for flats.

They dont get the fans though so while there may be some kind of decent infrastructure in place, crowds arent big enough. Edinburgh cant support three teams.

Juvenille (youth) or East of Scotland?

I'd happily wager that their U/19 East of Scotlad team will win the league next season.

I'll agree with you on their U19 EOS side. The U19 Juvenile side (mainly last season's U17 side) should be stronger too with their new recruits.

tommythejambo

I'd hate to see them get in if Spartans (or anyone else for that matter)also applied.

Not only because their Juvenille (youth) club is ran by a**e-holes. Well to be fair I only have any expierience with their U-19's.

Prince Buaben

Is it not a similar situation with Edin City as with Spartans, that they might take fans off Hearts or Hibs!!

lost in leith

They do have a plan B - sworn to secrecy at the moment but all will become clear if they are serious contenders. I went to the cup tie against Shire and agree with Chester that they could easily have won it.

sandyseymour
I'd hate to see them get in if Spartans (or anyone else for that matter)also applied.

Not only because their Juvenille (youth) club is ran by a**e-holes. Well to be fair I only have any expierience with their U-19's.

Just as well u qualified it matey ;)

What i heard if any team from the EOS league were to get in, it would be Annan... Think Cove are favourite though...

City played host to a few of my friends on Cheltenham Gold Cup day!

Good wee club (the bar I mean) btw!

As for the team, I think their captain is a guy I went to school with, having seen the team list in the paper I think there are quite a few names that I know from school actually.

I would argue that the infrastructure at Spartans would be more suited to a professional league than City.

IMO rank outsiders for the spot.

Archived