Hearts: Daily Record have crossed the line

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

Hearts: No press conference tomorrow

Hearts press officer David Sullivan told V?sir.is today that no press conference is being scheduled for tomorrow contrary to reports in the Daily Record.

?I organize every press conference at the club and I can tell you without lying that there is no such conference scheduled for tomorrow,? said Sullivan.

?Daily record is a street rag but they have crossed the line this time even for their standard,? continued Sullivan who refused to comment on the speculation linking Gudjon Thordarson to the Hearts job.

http://www.visir.is/article/20080611/IDROTTIR01/774744869

Hearts press officer David Sullivan told V?sir.is today that no press conference is being scheduled for tomorrow contrary to reports in the Daily Record.

?I organize every press conference at the club and I can tell you without lying that there is no such conference scheduled for tomorrow,? said Sullivan.

?Daily record is a street rag but they have crossed the line this time even for their standard,? continued Sullivan who refused to comment on the speculation linking Gudjon Thordarson to the Hearts job.

Fantastic!

:laugh:

bean counter

I wonder if this has been lost in translation

Chad Sexington

Back of the net!

Top work Mr Sullivan.

:)

Sexton Hardcastle

no one seems to hang abck when reporting to this visir website. Good work tho

Sorry how have they crossed the line? They've printed a story in the paper that may turn out not to be true.

FFS its hardly that big a deal or unusual.

Kinda of strikes me that Hearts are bit p*ssed off certain things may have leaked out.

That said the Record is, obviously, a rag.

For crossed the line, I'd possiby read "jumped the gun"

Because the article says that Mr X will be the new boss. It doesn't say, rumoured, expected. I'm pretty sure it says WILL BE

Guest JamboRobbo
I wonder if this has been lost in translation

I wonder if Southern has become Sullivan in translation.....

The Future's Maroon

How did you get the page translated mate?

Only want to know as there is a story about Eggert just below this one?!!

There's a thread on it.

Say What Again

I think StirkersInstinct is Icelandic mate

The Daily Record IS a rag and there is no depth to the levels they will stoop to for a " story "

They did an article on violence in schools a few years back and dispatched that old man-hating trout Joan Burnie and a photographer to a secondary school in East Lothian to look for evidence. As no action was forthcoming Burnie proceeded to offer school children money and cigarettes outside the school gates to manufacture a fight so that she could report this together with photographic evidence.

The fact that this rag is still giving this old minger money to write for them says all that needs to be said about it.

It also employs Keith Jackson.

Chad Sexington
The Daily Record IS a rag and there is no depth to the levels they will stoop to for a " story "

They did an article on violence in schools a few years back and dispatched that old man-hating trout Joan Burnie and a photographer to a secondary school in East Lothian to look for evidence. As no action was forthcoming Burnie proceeded to offer school children money and cigarettes outside the school gates to manufacture a fight so that she could report this together with photographic evidence.

The fact that this rag is still giving this old minger money to write for them says all that needs to be said about it.

For that reason alone they deserve to go bust.

Shocking story about that old sea hag Burnie as well.

The Daily Record. Written by pond life for pond life.

She's a right old man hating, dock wearing, muff diving, finger in the dyke, letter replying lesbian!!

I think StirkersInstinct is Icelandic mate

I know Clum certainly has the instinct of a Stirker.

“I organize every press conference at the club and I can tell you without lying that there is no such conference scheduled for tomorrow,” said Sullivan.

“Daily record is a street rag but they have crossed the line this time even for their standard,” continued Sullivan who refused to comment on the speculation linking Gudjon Thordarson to the Hearts job.

The same David Southern (sullivan - :) ) that denied to my brother that Hearts were after McGhee less than a week before he was heading to Lithuania (almost). TBF he is probably trying to keep a lid on things as the story has come out against Hearts wishes.

I'll believe that rag when I see quotes from the "new management team" down on print! They can't be getting any stories from the "biggot brothers" or that article wouldn't even get houseroom!

Sawdust Caesar
She's a right old man hating, dock wearing, muff diving, finger in the dyke, letter replying lesbian!!

Sometime see her in Castle Street walking her wee Yorkie dug. She walks about like she's the queen with her nose in the air. Hatchet-faced biffer. Plus her advice is always utter peesh. So out of touch with reality.

Professor.Arturo
Sometime see her in Castle Street walking her wee Yorkie dug. She walks about like she's the queen with her nose in the air. Hatchet-faced biffer. Plus her advice is always utter peesh. So out of touch with reality.

Probably coz the old wellie hasn't been laid in years!

Guest jambomickey

how many times does hugh keevins put stories in print that are total nonsense? wouldn,t believe a word from the daily make up a story

Miller Jambo 60

Phoned the weegie ****s today this gay boy tried to calm me down.

never worked

Miller Jambo 60

My mother in law is better looking than that dog.

:dribble:

the fact they produced a big lie on their back rag page

But at that time you wouldnt have known it was a lie.

In fact, you still dont.

Toxteth O'Grady

The Daily record article was written by Hugh Keevins

What does that To55er know?

Because the article says that Mr X will be the new boss. It doesn't say, rumoured, expected. I'm pretty sure it says WILL BE

The matter is now in the hands of my lawyers (!).

Dirk Diggler

In fact, you still dont.

To be fair, They said he would be unveiled tomorrow.

According to this threads content, That isn't the case.

They also said he was in Scotland Yesterday......

Dunno if I'd class it as lies, or get angry about it, but they got at least 2 parts of their story wrong.

To be fair, They said he would be unveiled tomorrow.

According to this threads content, That isn't the case.

They also said he was in Scotland Yesterday......

Dunno if I'd class it as lies, or get angry about it, but they got at least 2 parts of their story wrong.

Yeah, but being the Record its to be expected.

Others have said the same...

Did David Southern really say this?

If so he is making himself sound very foolish,as a communications/press director its very important he has a good relationship with media outlets and calling them street rags is completely counterproductive to his job

Furthermore I dont believe for a second he has known about every press comment romanov has made, he knows like everyone else that not all hearts stories go through him to the press because the romanov clan are a law into their own as well as CM "leaking" things

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah, but being the Record its to be expected.

Others have said the same...

It's in just about every newspaper I've seen today.

This story has been leaked on purpose imo.

I agree

Not sure why, but it has.

DR far too certain unless they were leaked by someone trusted and who would be thought to be in the know

Hence "Others have said the same..." Meaning that the Record havent deliberately published lies.

Dirk Diggler

Quite possibly DH, and tbh I can't quite figure out why.

I had a glance over most of the papers today and correct me if i'm wrong but the others weren't as 'matter of fact' as the Record.

I read terms like 'Hearts line up....' etc etc

Only in the Record did I read about an announcement tomorrow.

Carl Spackler
Did David Southern really say this?

If so he is making himself sound very foolish,as a communications/press director its very important he has a good relationship with media outlets and calling them street rags is completely counterproductive to his job

Furthermore I dont believe for a second he has known about every press comment romanov has made, he knows like everyone else that not all hearts stories go through him to the press because the romanov clan are a law into their own as well as CM "leaking" things

Bull. If I was the press officer at any team I would tell the likes of the Sun, the Record, The Express, in fact anyone who simply makes up stories to away and f' themselves you're not even getting into our press conferences! Suffocate them of news. They make it up anyway.

Bull. If I was the press officer at any team I would tell the likes of the Sun, the Record, The Express, in fact anyone who simply makes up stories to away and f' themselves you're not even getting into our press conferences! Suffocate them of news. They make it up anyway.

Which is exactly why you your not a press officer

The media are a tool, an intelligent press officer plays them, what happens when hearts have a positive story to plug etc etc?

You cant exactly expect papers to co-operate when your making comments like this about them

All southern had to say was they were ill informed on this occasion if anything needed to be said at all

Instead he attacks the paper and ensures any positive relationship we could have utilised if completely destroyed

Just stinks of the utter incompetence of our club

I can guarentee the PR chiefs of massive companies, banks etc would never act like this

Which is exactly why you your not a press officer

The media are a tool, an intelligent press officer plays them, what happens when hearts have a positive story to plug etc etc?

You cant exactly expect papers to co-operate when your making comments like this about them

All southern had to say was they were ill informed on this occasion if anything needed to be said at all

Instead he attacks the paper and ensures any positive relationship we could have utilised if completely destroyed

Just stinks of the utter incompetence of our club

I can guarentee the PR chiefs of massive companies, banks etc would never act like this

I think the quotes have a few mis-translations in it. See his name etc.

But dot let that get in the way.

I doubt he's that daft.

Quite possibly DH, and tbh I can't quite figure out why.

I had a glance over most of the papers today and correct me if i'm wrong but the others weren't as 'matter of fact' as the Record.

I read terms like 'Hearts line up....' etc etc

Only in the Record did I read about an announcement tomorrow.

Maybe some payback by Romanov and his lackeys?

I think the quotes have a few mis-translations in it. See his name etc.

But dot let that get in the way.

I doubt he's that daft.

You would hope but sadly I dont think we have anyone left at the club with a backbone and there all vlads puppets

If vlad told him to say that he would, just like sergei or the other peoples champion Ogilvie would

Dirk Diggler
Maybe some payback by Romanov and his lackeys?

In a conversion today with a guy at work, that theory came up pretty early on.

I'm not sure though.

:confused:

I think the Daily Record we out of order arranging an interview with Burley to ask his thoughts on Butcher leaving the Scotland set up!! This should never have happened unless the Butcher deal was 100% agreed.

You would hope but sadly I dont think we have anyone left at the club with a backbone and there all vlads puppets

If vlad told him to say that he would, just like sergei or the other peoples champion Ogilvie would

Do you like anything involved with Hearts?

Archived