Waghorn

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

I notice Waghorn was not booked for leaving the pitch after scoring the 2nd goal. Whilst I am against this type of booking (celebrating with your own fans after scoring) I think we all know what would have happened to one of our players (or anybody outside the arse-cheeks).  This is one of the major issues we have with referees in Scotland their complete failure (for whatever reason) to be consistent when the arse-cheeks are involved.

Tried to attach a picture from the Telegraph but would not allow so here is the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/16/hamilton-academical1-rangers-2martyn-waghorn-double-secures/

I notice Waghorn was not booked for leaving the pitch after scoring the 2nd goal. Whilst I am against this type of booking (celebrating with your own fans after scoring) I think we all know what would have happened to one of our players (or anybody outside the arse-cheeks).  This is one of the major issues we have with referees in Scotland their complete failure (for whatever reason) to be consistent when the arse-cheeks are involved.

Tried to attach a picture from the Telegraph but would not allow so here is the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/16/hamilton-academical1-rangers-2martyn-waghorn-double-secures/

Don't worry, I'm sure it will even itself out over the course of a season. By this I mean, next week a Celtic player will avoid a booking....

Toxteth O'Grady

Consistency is all we ask for.

Sadly for as long as the referees are Scottish and employed by the SFA nothing will change.

Didn't see the game but if the picture in the Telegraph is as far as Waghorn went, then 99/100 the referees wouldn't gve a yellow card, whoever was playing.

The Fifa rules of the game do actually give a bit of guidance on this one.  Not actually a "rule" but one of those guidance from the international board type things.

Anyway.  THey say something along the lines off.

Leaving the pitch to celebrate a goal is not necessarily a cautionable offence as long as the player does not unduly delay the restart of the game.

A caution must be issued if the player climbs onto or over the advertising hoardings.  Or approaches and touches any fence or boundary that houses the fans.  Or enters the fans to celebrate.

Or if the celebrations are deemed by the referee to be incendiary to away fans.

Not sure waghorn did any of the must cautionable type offences.  

Pant wetting conspiracy nonsense not really justified here.

Seymour M Hersh

The Fifa rules of the game do actually give a bit of guidance on this one.  Not actually a "rule" but one of those guidance from the international board type things.

Anyway.  THey say something along the lines off.

Leaving the pitch to celebrate a goal is not necessarily a cautionable offence as long as the player does not unduly delay the restart of the game.

A caution must be issued if the player climbs onto or over the advertising hoardings.  Or approaches and touches any fence or boundary that houses the fans.  Or enters the fans to celebrate.

Or if the celebrations are deemed by the referee to be incendiary to away fans.

Not sure waghorn did any of the must cautionable type offences.  

Pant wetting conspiracy nonsense not really justified here.

:oohmatron:

Seymour M Hersh

Didn't see the game but if the picture in the Telegraph is as far as Waghorn went, then 99/100 the referees wouldn't gve a yellow card, whoever was playing.

You are correct Detty 99/100 refs would not book an arse-cheek player for that. However 99/100 refs would book players from any other team for said misdemeanour.

Collum or Beaton would rip their card pocket right off in an orgasmic frenzy to book one of ours for it. A change of shorts would be required anaw.

You are correct Detty 99/100 refs would not book an arse-cheek player for that. However 99/100 refs would book players from any other team for said misdemeanour.

That wasn't a bookable offence last night.

However when Kenny Miller scored a last minute goal v. Motherwell he went in to the crowd. A clear yellow.

Guess what?

Amoruso_lets_it_run

I don't think one of our players would have been booked for what waghorn did yesterday. If it did happen it would be a new low

I actually thought waghorn tried to avoid that. He scored and ran towards the fans, but stopped far enough away to avoid interacting with them (don't blame him)

Other players bounded in and pushed him toward the fans but he looked to actively avoid contact. Sensible but it's agreed that system is a joke

Seymour M Hersh

That wasn't a bookable offence last night.

However when Kenny Miller scored a last minute goal v. Motherwell he went in to the crowd. A clear yellow.

Guess what?

Do you think Jamie Walker would have been booked for the same thing?

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think one of our players would have been booked for what waghorn did yesterday. If it did happen it would be a new low

Did Rudi not get booked for standing on the line after scoring?

Also not booked for cupping his ear at the first. Or does that only apply to us

That was towards his own fans.

Archived