Setanta price hike!!

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

Just got a letter through about setanta going up to ?12-99 a month. Under a tenner I was fine with but I aint paying nearly 13 quid to have craig burley and the rest of the fuqwits on their slagging off my Jamobs!!!:mad:

Subscription cancelled(30 days notice given!!).

Darth Sidious

What's the alternative. Is Scotsport now defunct and BBC highlights is almost a week later. Wife already wanted me to cancel, I won, if I get this letter I think she will probably have cancelled for me. Scheidt!

Jambof3tornado

My alternative is going to have to be the bbc highlights online. I already have skysports and adding this on now mkaes it a silly amount of money to get 3 minutes a week of hearts(or hearts vs old firm games which are usually crap to watch).

Sexton Hardcastle

The BBC highlights are usually on the day after the game. Sunday nite/ Monday morning at the latest

I think I may keep it, but it is a close decision. They are just lucky UFC is now on SS1, or i'd be offski.

The channel has become dedicated to the IPL cricket recently, which is a load of p!sh

Setanta is going from strength to strength, the hike won't put me off. With good boxing fights upcoming, plus FA and UEFA cup ties it's well worth the extra money.

my letter not arrived 'yet'..

Im not wanting to watch golf, boxing, Indian cricket etc..:(

Cairneyhill Jambo
Just got a letter through about setanta going up to ?12-99 a month. Under a tenner I was fine with but I aint paying nearly 13 quid to have craig burley and the rest of the fuqwits on their slagging off my Jamobs!!!:mad:

Subscription cancelled(30 days notice given!!).

They'll write to you offering the next 3 months at ?5 a month.

marshallschunkychicken

I get it on my phone at a fiver a month.

Just SS1, SS2 and SS Golf though.

They'll write to you offering the next 3 months at ?5 a month.

Even when you cancel(End March) they put you on a fiver a month (New Contract). Had to go to the C Card to stop them. Still got a letter in today as if I am still a customer. No chance of ever going back to them. Fuds of the highest order.

i just binned mine was on the ?15 12 month contract.they offered the ?5 for three months but told them to stick it.

Tbh 12.99 a month with no contract is very good value for what you get

To me it is fast overtaking sky quality wise who are pushing anything decent onto PPV

12.99 a month for SPL, EPL, Uefa, FA, foreign football, along with boxing , UFC etc and not tied in isnt too bad

Im not too fussed about the hike. While not happy, its pretty good value for what I watch especially for NASN. Wont stop me having a moan to see what I can get out of them though.

Professor.Arturo

I'll probably keep it as well, 12.99 a month is ok. Pity you only get SS1 on freeview, satellite and cable customers get SS2 and golf as well for the same price :sad:

?12.99 not to bad get the racing channel which is really good all of aintree, cheltenham and ascot saves watching the ***** on the beeb and 4 talking about clothes and who looks ther best

Jambof3tornado

I only watch the footie on it,and only really the hearts games or the english prem ones. Couldnt give a fek about golf,cricket,darts,or any other keek that they sell with the package!!!

U should be able to get it for ?5 a month if you dont want rangers or septic TV!!!

If only they would get rid of Burley and Booth it would make me much happier.

I will probably still keep it though, especially with the international games coming up on it.

Anyone know if Setanta is to continue to be a freebie on cable for Virgin XL package customers?

Terrible Trio
Anyone know if Setanta is to continue to be a freebie on cable for Virgin XL package customers?

AFAIK

Do you hate it when people put their prices up as well

Seems to still be free with the Virgin XL package.

Result.

Especially if you have a deal with Virgin whereby you get the XL package for the price of the L.

And Andy C, the IPL cricket was superb!!

Setanta makes a hangover on a Sunday worthwhile.

Re-running all those games that we win.

Superb.

Jambof3tornado
Setanta makes a hangover on a Sunday worthwhile.

Re-running all those games that we win.Superb.

You are clearly talking about a season other than the last one then!??

The boxing is good value. Seems to have a decent spread of Scottish, UEFA and Saturday Premiership games , I've also enjoyed the Indian cricket . The news channel is a bit dodgy, but who cares?

7/10

Darth Sidious

Is it worth it for Freeview users though. Just Setanta Sport 1 and only then after midday or something. Although it has made me more interested in boxing. Keep meaning to watch the UFC as well.

Will try and convince the wife to keep it.

Setanta has the rights to all Scotland's away games starting later this year + Wales away, NI away & England away games.

FA Cup is on Setanta & ITV from next season

UEFA Cup is on Setanta & ITV from 2009.

?12.99 is still pretty reasonable considering it was ?14.99 a month a few years ago for a lot less.

Even if you want to stay and your a tight arse it may be worth phoning them up and tell them you want to cancel. The deal for some at the moment seems to be ?7.50 for 6 months. ;)

my boyfriend has a year contract and he pays ?15.99 just now...

my boyfriend has a year contract and he pays ?15.99 just now...

your Bf is a mug as they let everyone out of the contracts or at least reduced the price when they made all the changes last year

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Setanta should be paying me to watch Hearts next season!!!! In fairness ?13 is a round of drinks these days. Im still renewing but the Indian 5 a side cricket or whatever it is can get to Fochabers

your Bf is a mug as they let everyone out of the contracts or at least reduced the price when they made all the changes last year

he wont listen to me, what do I know :wacko:

Archived