Christmas Dinner.

Dawnrazor

This year it'll be a layered terrine of Pheasant, Partridge, Duck and Stuffing, roast tatties, Brussel Sprouts par boiled then cooked with bacon and walnuts, wee sausages wrapped in bacon. Prawn cocktail to start and homemade sherry truffle to finish. I'm not sure about the bevy but Masons Gin, a bottle or two of Duvel qnd a bottle of Red wine probably, cannae bloody wait!!!

chester copperpot

Boak. That sounds bogging.

And yes, I am a peasant.

Plain old turkey for me.

Has pheasant once. Horrible experience.

You had my mouth watering right up to the words Brussels Sprouts...

Done with bacon, they are good. Never had them with bacon and walnuts. Sounds nice though.

Confit duck this year. Usually a goose kinda guy but too many of us so duck legs makes sense.

Love that shit. And Brussels rock!

Turkey for us prob have a ham on the go aswell, Pate and a soup to start usual trimmings then a white chocolate cheesecake to finish me of!

Good man. Don't rely on the serfs. :thumbsup:

Sounds good though. I'm off to mother-in-law's and having ****** chicken. Out voted 3-1, as they don't like turkey. They weren't even going to have pigs in blankets; or, like you, I make a prawn & smoked salmon cocktail for starters.

:what:

That'll be right.

I can just about get my head around no turkey but no pigs in blankets? **** that!

I'm making a beef wellington this year. All the usual trimings.

Haggis parcels with a whisky sauce for starters.

Home made white chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

And a nice bottle of Montanes Malbec to compliment the beef.

fabienleclerq

Sadly having Turkey as it's the mother in law that's cooking, I'd rather have a joint of sirloin or something a bit more exiting. Having gammon too so that'll rescue it a bit. **** not having piggy in blankets though!

Boak. That sounds bogging.

And yes, I am a peasant.

Plain old turkey for me.

Has pheasant once. Horrible experience.

They're meant to be died before you eat them chester!!

Seymour M Hersh

Now that we have Brexit you can ignore all things Brussels.

This year it'll be a layered terrine of Pheasant, Partridge, Duck and Stuffing, roast tatties, Brussel Sprouts par boiled then cooked with bacon and walnuts, wee sausages wrapped in bacon. Prawn cocktail to start and homemade sherry truffle to finish. I'm not sure about the bevy but Masons Gin, a bottle or two of Duvel qnd a bottle of Red wine probably, cannae bloody wait!!!

Nae Princes Street Pigeon naw?

Prawn Cocktail beats soup at least.

Nae Princes Street Pigeon naw?

Naw, the polis get a wee bit miffed what you try and shoot them ootside McDonald's!

This sounds much better than the usual turkey I will be having

scottish_chicP

We go out to a local restaurant and there is always an amazing steak option. Last year was steak layered with haggis and black pudding in a peppercorn sauce. Shove your turkey [emoji16]

I'll just eat normally as I do every day of the year, no idea why people gorge themselves.

You're a real barrel of laughs!

Space Mackerel

You're a real barrel of laughs!

Eating yourself to the point you feel sick on Christmas Day? Then all the nonsense about over doing it and needing to lose weight after and joining gyms?

You should do what the Italians do, start at 1pm ish and do the courses over an 8 hour period instead of all this British gluttony.

zoltan socrates

Never boil brussels, steam them otherwise the will go bitter

I only look for the traditional, roast turk, sage and onion stuffing, kilted sausages, roast parsnips and tatties, cranberry sauce, bottle of schloer, superb

Turkey and beef Wellington.

All the trimmings.

Roasted pepper and tomatoes soup to start and a yule log with ice cream to finish.

Got a bottle of Highland Park that I have been saving for after.

I'll just eat normally as I do every day of the year, no idea why people gorge themselves.

This, sol invictus is the festival.

Not gonna see my daughters so I'll have.... maybe spaghetti, probably work monday too.

Space Mackerel

This, sol invictus is the festival.

Not gonna see my daughters so I'll have.... maybe spaghetti, probably work monday too.

Tagliatelle is the way forward, the sauce clings better to it than spaghetti [emoji106]

Tagliatelle is the way forward, the sauce clings better to it than spaghetti [emoji106]

LOL, grand, I meant spaghetti with puree and cheese, various seasonings, nothing complex :D

I like the whole "Christmas Dinner" thing, we're not at all religious but it takes me back to when I was my sons age, my parents and grandparents were alive and all were sat around the table, my mum made a cracking dinner, Turkey and all the trimmings, I loved it, still do, I hope my son loves it just as much, he seems too!! The sitting about after feeling like you're going to burst is all part off it!! If I had a spag'bal' or something else Ill have on any Tuesday or Thursday would leave me feeling healthier I'm sure, but cheated also, it's one day a year, live it up a little I say.

Space Mackerel

LOL, grand, I meant spaghetti with puree and cheese, various seasonings, nothing complex :D

Simplicity is the best in cooking. Good ingredients and minimum of tinkering [emoji106]

Space Mackerel

I like the whole "Christmas Dinner" thing, we're not at all religious but it takes me back to when I was my sons age, my parents and grandparents were alive and all were sat around the table, my mum made a cracking dinner, Turkey and all the trimmings, I loved it, still do, I hope my son loves it just as much, he seems too!! The sitting about after feeling like you're going to burst is all part off it!! If I had a spag'bal' or something else Ill have on any Tuesday or Thursday would leave me feeling healthier I'm sure, but cheated also, it's one day a year, live it up a little I say.

Seems a lot of palava for a scran. Probably best just explaining how to the bairn it's a consumer led industry now and psychologically designed to take your hard earned out your wages. Then they'll give their profits to right wing press for the next turn around a year later.

Seems a lot of palava for a scran. Probably best just explaining how to the bairn it's a consumer led industry now and psychologically designed to take your hard earned out your wages. Then they'll give their profits to right wing press for the next turn around a year later.

I could tell him all that, but I won't, you enjoy you're pot noodle all the same.

Konrad von Carstein

Never boil brussels, steam them otherwise the will go bitter

I only look for the traditional, roast turk, sage and onion stuffing, kilted sausages, roast parsnips and tatties, cranberry sauce, bottle of schloer, superb

Try roasting brussels, sublime!

That is the dugs , not just for Christmas ....

I could tell him all that, but I won't, you enjoy you're pot noodle all the same.

It's 'your' Dawn. :wink:

You been drinking again?

:lol:

Space Mackerel

It's 'your' Dawn. :wink:

You been drinking again?

:lol:

It's the Christian season for giving for the the lest fortunate.

Shame the less fortunate is a competition between their mates kids

No idea what is on the menu this year.

Going over to my folks, so would assume it's turkey, maybe some beef as well, with all the usual trimmings.

My sisters will both bring something to the show, we are tasked with the cheese board.

And a carry out of course.  Some nice wines to bring through.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Just off to Bowers to order my meat for Christmas Dinner

Ballotine of Turkey & Pheasant plus all the usual stuff!

Seymour M Hersh

No idea what is on the menu this year.

Going over to my folks, so would assume it's turkey, maybe some beef as well, with all the usual trimmings.

My sisters will both bring something to the show, we are tasked with the cheese board.

And a carry out of course.  Some nice wines to bring through.

There is an excellent la fromagerie at Churchill.  Or you could go with this place!  :2thumbsup:

highlandjambo3

Just before a works doo a couple of years ago i bought some sprouts and a box of fererro rocher chocolates and, proceded to unwrap each of the chocolates (to save later for myself of course).  I had to slim down the brussles sprouts as they were too big...............stabbing each sprout with a pin to hold it, I dipped each one in some melted chocolate then rolled each around in crushed nuts then, proceeded to wrap each sprout in the original fererro wrapper and place carefully back in the cotainer..........................worked a treat :toff:  I actually took some pictures of the whole operation and proceeded to post anonymous pictures to people i knew who had one at the doo, mamaged to keep this up for about 8 weeks before I was sussed out....................................

p.s you dont want to make an enemy of me :sunny:

We had one of those last year, it was braw.

My post was meant to read not the eating kind. Too late for an edit now too. :sob:

Archived