Medical Question

kearney19

A friend of mine is under stress etc and unhappy atm and has other problems which he has told me about and is looking for time off work.

Hes phoned his GP but can only see him 2moro, does a hospital do the same service?

A friend of mine is under stress etc and unhappy atm and has other problems which he has told me about and is looking for time off work.

Hes phoned his GP but can only see him 2moro, does a hospital do the same service?

Surely he could say he's unwell and go home until he sees a Doctor, whenever that may be, who will more than likely sign him off.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Are you friends with Stevie Frail ?

I thought it must have been Darius from Pop Idol.

;)

I P Knightley

Going to a NHS hospital is going to do nothing to alleviate stress, depression and unhappiness.

A GP appointment for tomorrow is a bit of a winner really.

Hes phoned his GP but can only see him 2moro

Start your friend's (ahem :rolleyes:) treatment by telling yourse..I mean him...that he's extremely lucky to get a GP appointment within 24 hours. That'll make him feel a bit better immediately. :)

On the very rare occasions I need to see a GP, it's virtually impossible to get an appointment within 4 days as all the coffin dodgers that inhabit the areas around Therapist Towers use the GP's surgery as if it were some sort of social club. :mad:

My mate posts about himself on internet messageboards all the time, but always says that it's his mate that he's posting about instead of himself.

Can anyone help my mate out?

Your "mate", eh? :laugh:

What you trying to say like?

You just concentrate on invading other peoples posts.

Hes got a phone apointment tomorow morning so Ill speak 2 him later on, Hes like me, i have no clue if you can get an apointment at a hospital to be signed off work, thanks for letting me know therapist, bigsmack etc.:)

You just concentrate on invading other peoples posts.

Um, isn't that exactly what I was doing?

i have no clue if you can get an apointment at a hospital to be signed off work

Not for losing your marbles you can't. GPs deal with that sort of stuff, unless he's taken a Gazza-esque turn and needs sectioned.

Not for losing your marbles you can't. GPs deal with that sort of stuff, unless he's taken a Gazza-esque turn and needs sectioned.

By the looks of things, he may well have a split personality.

Haha, hes not that bad!:)

Thanks for clearning that up for me mate:)

Um, isn't that exactly what I was doing?

Stop talking s***.

When was the last time you posted something positive or useful in any of my threads?

Stop attention seeking or trying to look a smart ass in any of my threads as you usualy try to do, its childish.

Stop talking s***.

When was the last time you posted something positive or useful in any of my threads?

Stop attention seeking or trying to look a smart ass in any of my threads as you usualy try to do, its childish.

I think that you're getting confused. Might be because you're so stres...er, I mean, might be because you're so worried about your mate.

Don't worry, you can sit back and laugh at me when you're a world famous singer.

Sing him a song :)

That will cheer him up, he should count himself lucky he has a "friend" as talented as you

Why is he depressed anyway? Did he fail to get on X Factor again this year?

Don't you mean 'him'?

I think he missed a comma out.

And also as it was Kearney asking then it was cleared up for him.

;)

Don't you mean 'him'?

But im asking the question so when I said "me" Im meaning thanks for clearing that up for me to give the answer to him :)

I think that you're getting confused. Might be because you're so stres...er, I mean, might be because you're so worried about your mate.

Don't worry, you can sit back and laugh at me when you're a world famous singer.

I will and I just laugh at you anyway.

doctor jambo

He can get a self certificate from his work for the first week

In fact, his GP may refuse a certificate for this very reason

We dont need to sign patients off for the first week

Tell him to obtain a self certificate from his work

That will give him a 7 day window to go in and moan at his GP, and expect his GP to sort his life out for him instead of doing the obvious- get another job and quit

Thus saving appointment time and sorting his problem in one fell swoop

The chance of his Dr having a new job to give him is slim, so he should use his time more constructively- job hunting

Stress & Stress related Illnesses...GTF, Tell him tae grow some baws, act like a Man and get back tae work!! Ferkin Teenagers Today!! :wacko:

It's bad enough trying to get a Doctors appointment without lazy Bassa's that cannae be ersed goin to work tryin to con their way in!!

That will give him a 7 day window to go in and moan at his GP, and expect his GP to sort his life out for him instead of doing the obvious- get another job and quit

The chance of his Dr having a new job to give him is slim, so he should use his time more constructively- job hunting

Christ, i'm glad you're not my doctor.

Not big on the sympathy I see.

A lot of doctors wont give you a line :mad:

Hopspital would tell you to go to your doctor anyway

I P Knightley

I honestly admire your bedside manner/attitude.

I assume that you stifle this in the consulting room but it all goes through your head. Do you ever, after a consultation, have a flash thought that, "oops! did I think that or actually say it out loud?"

Tell "your friend" to stop listening to Coldplay.

Maybe he's not that low yet.

That would spell the end.

coppercrutch

You confuse me Doc. One minute you are getting offended about my wish for the **** of the Earth to disappear, and sticking up for their rights to another chance in life.........

The next you are sounding like this boy...

26753-2.jpg

Do you have one of these split personality things that the OP,.........sorry, the OP's friend has........

;)

maroonlegions

if his work is the main cause of the stress then he should speak to his boss about it and if this fails then his union rep (if he has one ) if the stress is out side of work then he is entitled to time of work ,if its bad enough, then again there are lots of causes of stress but it needs to be dealt with as stress is and can be very bad for your health ,clearly the level of stress he has must be getting bad if he feels he needs to see a doctor about it, most of us can handle some stress but i feel this could be a sort of warning sign that he is under too much stress and feels the need for some help, hope he gets better soon eh.

Many great artists - geniuses, in fact - have personal problems. Some even think that this is without these problems, their genius wouldn't be the same.

Maybe this is what Kear...um, Kearney's mate's going through.

I P Knightley
Many great artists - geniuses, in fact - have personal problems. Some even think that this is without these problems, their genius wouldn't be the same.

Maybe this is what Kear...um, Kearney's mate's going through.

Doctor Makween's prescription:

Write some poetry

Compose a song

Perform a song

Paint some stuff

It can't fail!

It can't fail!

He's apparently quite the singer, that's why I said it. It's all down to his genius, I reckon.

Oops, just realised that I was thinking of Kearney and not his mate.

I P Knightley
He's apparently quite the singer, that's why I said it. It's all down to his genius, I reckon.

Oops, just realised that I was thinking of Kearney and not his mate.

You're not the Messiah. You're a very naughty boy!

Miller Jambo 60

WOW the caring NHS.

Walter Payton

It can't fail!

Maybe you could ask Doctor Makween what he'd prescribe for that ginger guy he brutally assaulted on the bus this morning.

I applaud that.

My job would be so much easier if every GP gave this advice to somebody with stress.

Instead, too many GPs dish out medical certificates like confetti for months at a time and many find their way onto my desk when they are asking us (insurance companies) to replace their salaries/pay their mortgage/loans/whatever.

If the OPs mate knows what the stressor is, that's what he needs to deal with. A doctor can't do anything about that.

The only time a doctor can help with stress symptoms is if the stressor is genuinely out of the patients control.

GPs dish out medical certificates like confetti for months at a time and many find their way onto my desk when they are asking us (insurance companies) to replace their salaries/pay their mortgage/loans/whatever.

You have a binding contract with the insured. You had the choice whether to enter into it. If you're not happy at having to pay out I suggest you recommend your company withdraws from the relevant sectors of the market.

My mate got signed off today.

Thanks for the helpful advice, I gave him it and it helped him.

You have a binding contract with the insured. You had the choice whether to enter into it. If you're not happy at having to pay out I suggest you recommend your company withdraws from the relevant sectors of the market.

Contrary to popular belief about insurance companies in general and claims assessors like me, nothing gives me or my colleagues more job satisfaction than paying out a claim and/or arranging rehabilitation or vocational support to a claimant with a genuine need who wants to get better.

Let's not hijack this thread though...

I gave him it and it helped him.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guest S.U.S.S.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kearney is involved in the Arts, that really shouldnt surprise you Therapist.

You know what these lovies are like;)

Archived