We'll support you ever more Heart of Midlothian........... Hibernian

BelgeJambo

I don't get to as many games as I would like to, but this song used to be rolled out whether we were winning or losing on occasions many years ago.  Last few visits, when it has been going wrong, it has been a tad vile towards players and coaches and a sense of anger.  Times have changed and the singing isn't as passionate as it was back in the day in my opinion, so;

This song should be reignited now and really get behind this young team at every game irrespective of what is happening on the field.  I always found this an uplifting song for the team

Pretty certain it got an airing against sevco or maybe Motherwell possibly both. Agree though, it's time to get fully behind the whole team and management and make Tynecastle noisy and intimidating once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

Pretty certain it got an airing against sevco or maybe Motherwell possibly both. Agree though, it's time to get fully behind the whole team and management and make Tynecastle noisy and intimidating once again.

The team running on to the sounds of 2 Unlimited would certainly get Tynie bouncing!

:lol:

We_are_the_Hearts

I don't get to as many games as I would like to, but this song used to be rolled out whether we were winning or losing on occasions many years ago.  Last few visits, when it has been going wrong, it has been a tad vile towards players and coaches and a sense of anger.  Times have changed and the singing isn't as passionate as it was back in the day in my opinion, so;

This song should be reignited now and really get behind this young team at every game irrespective of what is happening on the field.  I always found this an uplifting song for the team

Good shout

The team running on to the sounds of 2 Unlimited would certainly get Tynie bouncing!

Said this on the Cathro song thread - just need to tweak the words a bit

its a thumbs up from me [emoji1303]

We_are_the_Hearts
We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen

And it's Heart of Midlothian, Heart of Midlothian FC!

If you hate the feckin Hibees.....

Indeed. Now wheesht and get off this thread. You have been a bit reticent recently, and have stopped starting "oldies threads'" this last wee while. I don't normally have much to add to the ones before the Eighties, but they usually lead to an interesting read. :D

Indeed. Now wheesht and get off this thread. You have been a bit reticent recently, and have stopped starting "oldies threads'" this last wee while. I don't normally have much to add to the ones before the Eighties, but they usually lead to an interesting read. :D

Aye, ok then, I'll get straight onto that Sir :thumb:

Eighties and onward, just for you :wink:

Better make it mid to late eighties. My first season as a regular attendee was 1985/86 as a seven year old! :D

Better make it mid to late eighties. My first season as a regular attendee was 1985/86 as a seven year old! :D

No bother!

Or should that be 'no moth er'? :whistling:

Regardless, I'm already scratching my head :lol:

Son Of Anarchy

Ignore the whippersnapper Captain ;) nowt better than a thread to reminisce on for us not so old fogeys :thumbsup:

Ignore the whippersnapper Captain ;) nowt better than a thread to reminisce on for us not so old fogeys :thumbsup:

Feck me.

Between a sockin rock and a hard place :lol:

How about I do two?

That keep yeese quiet?

:vrface:

OI!! I wasn't being sarcastic. Love an 'oldies thread'. They've been sadly missing from this place recently. It's a Hearts forum for Hearts supporters of all ages, and I for one enjoy a thread where I can either reminisce or read folks' opinions of times gone by. :)

I've always associated that song with glorious failure.  I vividly remember it getting a good airing after the Barry Ferguson basket ball cup game.

Son Of Anarchy

OI!! I wasn't being sarcastic. Love an 'oldies thread'. They've been sadly missing from this place recently. It's a Hearts forum for Hearts supporters of all ages, and I for one enjoy a thread where I can either reminisce or read folks' opinions of times gone by. :)

Oops. Me bad :( off to polish my maroon zimmer :)

Just because Son of Anarchy and Morgan are dodging coffins, while the grim reaper's shadow causes the transition lenses on their milk bottle glasses to change shade, does not mean they are no longer useful members of the Hearts community! :mad:

Son Of Anarchy

Just because Son of Anarchy and Morgan are dodging coffins, while the grim reaper's shadow causes the transition lenses on their milk bottle glasses to change shade, does not mean they are no longer useful members of the Hearts community! :mad:

Accurate description of Morgan but I'm 29 handsome slim and permanently drugged up to the eyeballs in this institution :lol:

Accurate description of Morgan but I'm 29 handsome slim and permanently drugged up to the eyeballs in this institution :lol:

8aba8c730f4dc1019e4f703cfcc04e97.jpg

^^^^

Actual photo of Son of Anarchy

Son Of Anarchy

8aba8c730f4dc1019e4f703cfcc04e97.jpg

^^^^

Actual photo of Son of Anarchy

Sure I have a copywrite on,erm, me ;)

I've got a brilliant video on an old phone of us singing this at the end of LC at Easter road when Ryan Stevenson scored. might try and get that uploaded to YouTube actually.

Feck yer milk bottle glasses ye wee shit!

:wink:

Aye, and the Pope's a Jew. :lol:

Have always considered this to be a loser's song and never sing it. Can't think of it being sung when we have been winning.

Have always considered this to be a loser's song and never sing it. Can't think of it being sung when we have been winning.

This

It's a song that's sung as an act of defiance after being beat.

We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen

And it's Heart of Midlothian, Heart of Midlothian FC!

I ****ing hate this song. It gets trotted out by every single pishy team in England and it's absolute rubbish.

No, Rotherham United are not the greatest team the world has ever seen. **** off.

That's quality, running on to "no limits"

We_are_the_Hearts

I ******* hate this song. It gets trotted out by every single pishy team in England and it's absolute rubbish.

No, Rotherham United are not the greatest team the world has ever seen. **** off.

Was a decent song back in the late 80s, early 90s when fans actually sang. Now you just get a pishy too fast Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts or the since I was young rip off from motherwell..............aye Motherwell! To hate a simple song like that say's more about you to be honest.

This

It's a song that's sung as an act of defiance after being beat.

So it should be encouraged on the bad days instead of the vile aimed at players and management

We_are_the_Hearts

So it should be encouraged on the bad days instead of the vile aimed at players and management

For me it was a show of defiance and OK we lost but appreciated the players had gave their all and the team and fans will stick together. There were times when the abuse happened as well though!

Was a decent song back in the late 80s, early 90s when fans actually sang. Now you just get a pishy too fast Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts or the since I was young rip off from motherwell..............aye Motherwell! To hate a simple song like that say's more about you to be honest.

Not sure what hating that particular song says about me, feel free to elaborate though chief.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think it was replaced with " Always look on the bright side of life " as a defiance song but that could be used by both sets of fans and had an ironic humour to it.

My favourite song from my youth was Silvery Moon which still brings back memories of night games in the shed when it was bouncing.

Fort Vallance

Never envied much about Dunfermline but running out to "In to the valley" was a great choice. Obviously the Adamson connection.

What aboot youre gonna get yer f---- ing heads kicked in.I liked that

AJ - as waiting for you pal

SHED Agro :gok:

Remember we'll support u evermore being belted out at hampden against aberdeen in scottish cup final defeat in 86. I was just a young lad and seeing it sung by tear stained grown men made me see it as a song of defiance in failure. Hopefully we wont be singing it too often!

Remember we'll support u evermore being belted out at hampden against aberdeen in scottish cup final defeat in 86. I was just a young lad and seeing it sung by tear stained grown men made me see it as a song of defiance in failure. Hopefully we wont be singing it too often!

The week before in Dundee, the same grown men couldn't muster this song at all due to the disappointment.  Two very dark days, but not any verbal abuse whatsoever

What aboot youre gonna get yer f---- ing heads kicked in.I liked that

You're going home in a Gorgie ambulance.

You had to be there I suppose.

The week before in Dundee, the same grown men couldn't muster this song at all due to the disappointment.  Two very dark days, but not any verbal abuse whatsoever

First game I ever cried at.

Archived