Scottish Banknotes

grumpyjambo

Frankly who cares, one ?10 note is as good as any other

I think we all know the only party who would be bothered by this and that is because there more interested in being scottish than the wellbeing of scotland

Well you know what that means, that when you go down to engerlandshire, our currency will be no good, as it is technically not legal tender!

Frankly who cares, one ?10 note is as good as any other

I think we all know the only party who would be bothered by this and that is because there more interested in being scottish than the wellbeing of scotland

what your saying is not true as the English dont see our money as legal tender and i think this story makes this come forward now. get the Euro in and all will be much better.

I P Knightley
Mr Salmond, who had described the original plan as a "dagger at the heart" of Scottish banking said: "This is great news. It's a victory for Scotland and its financial sector. I'm delighted the Treasury have dropped their ludicrous proposals that threatened the very existence of Scottish bank notes. Let's hope they've finally learnt their lesson and never jeopardise our bank notes again.

Oh my goodness, he's quite the drama queen, isn't he?:rose::dramaqueen:Bravo!:rose::dramaqueen:Encore!:rose::rose::rose:

Roll on independence and the introduction to Scotland of the ?EURO which IN NO WAY AT ALL jeopardises the very existence of Scottish bank notes.

I P Knightley
Its this money that England gets every weekend that angers more than anything.

Ach, they always give it back on the Monday morning...;)

Its this money that England gets every weekend that angers more than anything.

Er, why would this make you angry? it's just a security deposit, we get it back every monday.

Oh my goodness, he's quite the drama queen, isn't he?:rose::dramaqueen:Bravo!:rose::dramaqueen:Encore!:rose::rose::rose:

Roll on independence and the introduction to Scotland of the €EURO which IN NO WAY AT ALL jeopardises the very existence of Scottish bank notes.

I heard the Fat Tartan Xenophobe on the News last night talking about GB..."He may not have gone hame,He stay's in London, But he certainly hud tae think again!!"........This Fat P**** makes me :Icky::boak: with all his hatered for anything NON-Scottish!! :mad:

grumpyjambo
Er, why would this make you angry? it's just a security deposit, we get it back every monday.

Why though? Why should we give them 4.7 BILLION every week (yes we do get it back) just for the privilage of having our own bank notes? Stinks of serfdom and/or another tax on those pesky Scots.

Why should we give them 4.7 BILLION every week (yes we do get it back) just for the privilage of having our own bank notes?

It's the way the Treasury controls the amount of money in circulation. Or would you prefer to see the Scottish banks issue so many notes that a pound was worth less than a pound?

Incidentally, Scottish notes are not legal tender anywhere, even Scotland.

It's the way the Treasury controls the amount of money in circulation. Or would you prefer to see the Scottish banks issue so many notes that a pound was worth less than a pound?

The Dinosaur is correct.

Secondary tender I think it's called?

The politicians really missed a turn when the Union was formed. They could have simply renamed the Bank of England (founded by a Scot!) the Bank of Britain. But hey ho.....

Why though? Why should we give them 4.7 BILLION every week (yes we do get it back) just for the privilage of having our own bank notes? Stinks of serfdom and/or another tax on those pesky Scots.

Therapist is spot on - helps the circulation issue and prevents a "run" on the bank.

Now perhaps you could explain to me how this affects YOU and why this makes YOU angry? I'm afraid you sound like a typical nationalist to me - complain about the union for the sake of it without understanding the issues involved.

This is the kind of petty trivial nonsense that ignites the Nat's flame

I could not care if we done away with our currency or notes, as it say's in the article it is not even legal tender

Just have the the BOE roll our money out - whoopdyfeckin do

Surely there are other things like hospital beds and policing for the Nats to worry about?

Like it or not we are losing out by not being in the Euro - it is the 2nd biggest trading currency in the world behin the USD$

Don't reckon the chubby crusader and his Scottish Nationalists would be bothored with that as at the end of the day the only thing they object too really is having the Queen and association to England with the current Sterling notes

I P Knightley

Surely there are other things like hospital beds and policing for the Nats to worry about?

Eggs-Ackley!

But in the fields of policing (growth in numbers of coppers, anyone?) and schools (reduction in pupil:teacher ratio, anyone?) Alex and his team are not performing to well, are they.

So, shout LOUD about a petty little 'victory', ignoring the point that it contradicts your own policy re ditching Scottish notes and taking on the ?euro, and no one will notice.

I got a coin in my palm

I can make it disappear

I got a card up my sleeve

Name it and I'll pull it out your ear

I got a rabbit in my hat

If you want to come and see

This is what will be

But in the fields of policing (growth in numbers of coppers, anyone?) and schools (reduction in pupil:teacher ratio, anyone?) Alex and his team are not performing to well, are they.

But they have another 3 years to fullfil the election promises, but then again how many other parties never fullfil all of their election promises?

The only difference being they are a minority government, and anything the other parties don't like aint going go through.

grumpyjambo

How does giving the treasury 4.7 BILLION control the amount of money in circulation? Please explain to a layman.

Sounds like an interest free loan every weekend.

IMO the sooner the euro is in circulation in Scotland the better.

How does giving the treasury 4.7 BILLION control the amount of money in circulation? Please explain to a layman.

First, the amount changes from time to time. It's not always ?4.7 billion.

But basically, for every Scottish pound that's issued, the banks must deposit exactly the same number of English pounds with the BoE. As BoE control how much English dosh is issued it gives them total control of the money supply and notes in circulation.

grumpyjambo
First, the amount changes from time to time. It's not always ?4.7 billion.

But basically, for every Scottish pound that's issued, the banks must deposit exactly the same number of English pounds with the BoE. As BoE control how much English dosh is issued it gives them total control of the money supply and notes in circulation.

Thank you

On second thoughts, why do they need the money over the weekend?

The world doesn't stop on Friday at 5pm and resume on Monday at 9am.

Guest S.U.S.S.
On second thoughts, why do they need the money over the weekend?

Have you ever bought a drink in China White?

Archived