Watford interested in Callum apparently

Jambojay84

Don't know how accurate this really is as it's from the Sun but if this is indeed true then it could make for a fantastic start to the year. As another poster has stated on another thread we are taking delivery of a vital piece of the new stand in January and with a premier league club sniffing around could start a wee bidding war hopefully leading to a nice wedge to pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how accurate this really is as it's from the Sun but if this is indeed true then it could make for a fantastic start to the year. As another poster has stated on another thread we are taking delivery of a vital piece of the new stand in January and with a premier league club sniffing around could start a wee bidding war hopefully leading to a nice wedge to pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is losing our best player a 'fantastic start' to the year ?

We need Callum more than we need the money unless its well over a million.

We will miss Callum and his goals.

How is losing our best player a 'fantastic start' to the year ?

We need Callum more than we need the money unless its well over a million.

I think even if it was well over a million then we could still make more keeping him. How much would 2nd place/SC win be worth to us? He could well be the difference.

Jambof3tornado

Will be a massive loss when he goes but if the club decide the money is right we will just need to cope without him.

Hope a few clubs want him to boost any fee.

Story carried by the Daily Arse Rag. hmmmm. Remind me, who are we playing next ?

In fairness, if the offer is enough, we have Liam Smith on hand as a ready made replacement.

He's not your average right back and we'd miss him at both ends of the park if he left in January. Unless a Sow-type offer came in or something with lucrative add-ons that we obviously can't get in the summer, I can't see us letting him go. He could easily be the difference between 2nd and 4th or even 5th for us.

Could be a great bit of business. Get some cash that we can use to recruit more players and or put towards the new stadium costs.

Rangers wanted Craig Levein.

?600,000 was the bid i hear.

Hearts turned them down and Wallace Mercer re Hearts had debt.

Hearts don't need to sell unless the price is big bucks. I want Hearts to build a team that can win trophies not a player store with a revolving door.

He's not your average right back and we'd miss him at both ends of the park if he left in January. Unless a Sow-type offer came in or something with lucrative add-ons that we obviously can't get in the summer, I can't see us letting him go. He could easily be the difference between 2nd and 4th or even 5th for us.

Spot on Callum can help us win the cup this season and finish second. Sell him and it shows us putting up the white flag.

J Cheever Loophole

Wishfull thinking no doubt but I hope maybe the incoming manager/coach brings about a change of heart here.

We'd miss him big time!

Is this the same player that some people on here were calling SHITE ??

Don't recall people saying he was shite as a player. The argument ran that he is good going forward but left a lot to be desired defensively - although we do miss his heading ability defensively at corners and set pieces. That is still the main problem for him as a right back. Pushed forward in a different formation may suit him down to the ground. We will certainly miss his aggression and goals. But. hey. nobody is indispensible ...

Story carried by the Daily Arse Rag. hmmmm. Remind me, who are we playing next ?

In fairness, if the offer is enough, we have Liam Smith on hand as a ready made replacement.

:conspiracy:

A big loss to the club if he goes, but would be delighted if he done well down south.

I'm assuming he wants to go?

McCrae, BobSkelton

Cos they played football or something

And wanting to give away for pennies due to among other things laughably  not smiling /looking happy/having an attitude.waving his arms  how thick are some of our fans.

zoltan socrates

Hearts don't need to sell unless the price is big bucks. I want Hearts to build a team that can win trophies not a player store with a revolving door.

Living in the past with your example

Living in the past with what you want, that isnt us anymore, the management said so, we are entirely a revolving door now

Dont like it myself but that IS our reality both in terms of heart of midlothian fc and as a scottish club

An auction would be great.

I would far prefer noone came in for him and he stayed until the end of the season.

The White Cockade

I would far prefer noone came in for him and he stayed until the end of the season.

me too

even better if he had a change of heart and signed a new contract

me too

In order of preference -

1. Stays and signs a new contract
  2. Gets transferred for a ridiculous fee (allowing us to invest in the team further)
  3. Stays until the end of the season
  4. Gets transferred for reasonable money

kingantti1874

Your living in a dream world I'm afraid.. players want to go because they will increase their wage by 1000%.. that's it..

Watford spent 7.5million on their current right back who got injured so at least half that as cover for injuries, and as a long-term replacement, seems reasonable.

Like it or not that's what we are now. Bring players in, develop them and try and sell them on for a decent fee.

The days of one club players are over for clubs like hearts unfortunately. The better they are the shorter their stay with us will be.

Players hold a lot more power when it comes to leaving teams and negotiating better deals for themselves.

It does make it harder to build a successful team capable of challenging for trophies unfortunately

Boabie Seethe

Like it or not that's what we are now. Bring players in, develop them and try and sell them on for a decent fee.

The days of one club players are over for clubs like hearts unfortunately. The better they are the shorter their stay with us will be.

Players hold a lot more power when it comes to leaving teams and negotiating better deals for themselves.

It does make it harder to build a successful team capable of challenging for trophies unfortunately

Aye that is right son.

Take the Glasgow Celtic as an example. Them laddies Van dijk Forster and Wanyama left them. Now other English teams court these laddies. Yon Southampton have some trouble huddin on to laddies

That is the business model. Developing players and selling them on. That is what is going to keep the club afloat and profitable. No reason why we can't do this and be successful.

Your living in a dream world I'm afraid.. players want to go because they will increase their wage by 1000%.. that's it..

We know all that but we have to balance up the cost of keeping Callum until the end of the season and the price any club is prepared to pay.

We are due approx 350k for Callum at the end of the season. We have to decide if the amount offered minus 350k is worth losing Callum for. My own opinion is we can't really afford to lose him so it would take an offer of 1m+ to make it worth our while.

If he does go I would like us to sign David Gray as near a replacement as we could get.

Aye that is right son.

Take the Glasgow Celtic as an example. Them laddies Van dijk Forster and Wanyama left them. Now other English teams court these laddies. Yon Southampton have some trouble huddin on to laddies

Aye, you're spot on. Every team outside the super rich elite clubs of this world are gonna struggle to keep a team together, especially after a bit of success.

Like Leicester losing Kante after winning the league. He was a key player last season.

Lucille's Thirsty

Aye that is right son.

Virgil Van Dijk has turned into a beast of a defender should be playing at a team chasing the premier league title imo.

Toxteth O'Grady

me too

maybe new coach could persuade him?

We know all that but we have to balance up the cost of keeping Callum until the end of the season and the price any club is prepared to pay.

We are due approx 350k for Callum at the end of the season. We have to decide if the amount offered minus 350k is worth losing Callum for. My own opinion is we can't really afford to lose him so it would take an offer of 1m+ to make it worth our while.

If he does go I would like us to sign David Gray as near a replacement as we could get.

I rate Gray too but he's now a hibs legend after his cup heroics so I don't think he'd want to join hearts and lose that status.

Young Smith looks a good prospect for us though

Boabie Seethe

Virgil Van Dijk has turned into a beast of a defender should be playing at a team chasing the premier league title imo.

A bonnie player. Improved for leaving and that could be the same for young Paterson.

But when your boss leaves what hope that the players will want to stay

Lucille's Thirsty

A bonnie player. Improved for leaving and that could be the same for young Paterson.

I would love Paterson to sign a new contract as much as anyone but he needs to go on to better things to become a better player won't become a better player in this league as he's already for me the best right back in this league.

Lucille's Thirsty

I would love Paterson to sign a new contract as much as anyone but he needs to go on to better things to become a better player won't become a better player in this league as he's already for me the best right back in this league.

And wanting to give away for pennies due to among other things laughably  not smiling /looking happy/having an attitude.waving his arms  how thick are some of our fans.

Are you sure about the "our"?

Captain Canada

I've always thought he'd be a brilliant wing back as he wouldn't be relied on quite so much defensively.

His determination and ability to score a wide range of goals are outstanding. Playing against a higher standard of player every week down south will challenge him and make him a better player in the long run. In the right team down south he could really excel and go on to great things.

There are definitely far worse players in the EPL than Paterson. I'd love to see him go to a team such as Watford and make a name for himself.

We are absolutely a selling club and that is the right thing in the new world. I would be happy to get a million but I don't think we will.

Archived