ipod music thingies

davemclaren

davemclaren

Looking for one of those speaker set thingies for my Ipod to go in the kitchen. Like a strong bass sound, any recommendations?

Looking for one of those speaker set thingies for my Ipod to go in the kitchen. Like a strong bass sound, any recommendations?

You mean speakers, Dave?

Guest S.U.S.S.

I bought the attachment that lets you play it through the FM channels on your stereo would recommend that.

I bought the attachment that lets you play it through the FM channels on your stereo would recommend that.

Yup I have one. Sometimes they are temperamental though.

You got them yet?

Yeah it's pretty decent although I have nothing to compare it with. It does the job and the only flaw is that it's not got that ''usb'' bit ti fit the iPod in. Instead it has a wire that you plug into the ear phone bit! All works good though fo 1p.

Only a Game

If you want real quality go for the Bose docking station. It'll knock you back about ?225 but its worth every penny for the sound quality.

If you want to spend a lot less than that your not going to get real quality sound, but do you really need that in the kitchen anyway ?

In other words you get what you pay for.

Any stockist worth their salt will let you hear a range of them before you buy.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I bought an ipod dock for work a couple of years ago, eventually the speakers on it died, But it would still charge the ipod, But the best thing i done, was get a decent pair of cpu speakers. Great sound quality for about ?8 (Depending on the brand) and much much better than a pair of the travel speakers or a cheap docking station.

- DON'T DO IT! All these nice looking 'i-pod docking stations' are a heap of over-priced c rap with NO bass whatsoever. Start searching for a cheap 'micro hi-fi' which has an "AUX IN" socket, and you'll get far more power for your dosh. Try ebay or charity shops and you'll get something like this for sub ?25 !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICRO-HI-FI-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ230258766803QQihZ013QQcategoryZ39823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(and you'll get a CD and radio facilty thrown in too!)

:thumbs_up:

Archived