U20's V Rangers

mainstandjambo

mainstandjambo

Tonight at Ochilview - Kick Off 7.30. Would imagine a young squad as fringe players will be required for bench on Wednesday.

We_are_the_Hearts

When is the Youth Cup game? Are tickets on sale yet? Have heard Rangers are resigned to losing young Billy Gilmour. Lots of clubs wanting him and in bargaining.

When is the Youth Cup game? Are tickets on sale yet? Have heard Rangers are resigned to losing young Billy Gilmour. Lots of clubs wanting him and in bargaining.

Hearts v Rangers 4th round Youth Cup

Sunday 4 December 5pm at Oriam

Don't know about tickets, suspect not yet announced.

Footballfirst

Mason Hamilton Reid Jones Smith Petkov Akerrs Cochrane McLean Henderson Moore

Subs Gajda Paton Irving Morrison Vladislav

It's a young Rangers team too.

Footballfirst

Any sign of Levein / Neilson at the game?

Levein is here. A bit early for Neilson yet, but I can't see him coming here tonight.

Mason Hamilton Reid Jones Smith Petkov Akerrs Cochrane McLean Henderson Moore

Subs Gajda Paton Irving Morrison Vladislav

It's a young Rangers team too.

Do you have the rangers team?

Seymour M Hersh

2-1 Rangers Rudden penalty

The Rangers, getting a penalty to win a game you say? Well that's the strangest most unlikely thing i've ever heard. Really, who'd have thought it. 

Footballfirst

Second best tonight I'm afraid.  Rangers started at 100 mph and stretched Hearts defensively.  The opening goal came from a crossfield pass from Beerman to Burt in space on the right. The winger drove in on goal and fired a shop past Mason from 12 yards.

Burt had a couple of other decent efforts and Rudden had a couple of chances that were well blocked and was through one on one with Mason but the keeper saved well.

Hearts got back into the game after the pace dropped off half an hour in. A couple of half chances fell to Henderson and Ackers, but didn't get close to testing the keeper.  In stoppage time Hearts got on level terms when Moore flighted in a free kick maybe 30 yards out on the left and McLean rose highest to direct his header into the bottom left corner of the goal.

The second half started with Rangers still looking the more dangerous and they soon went ahead after the ref awarded a penalty against Smith who was judged to have been holding Bates at a set piece.  It looked six of one, half dozen of the other. Rudden sent Mason the wrong way from the spot.

Hearts responded by making three subs at the same time with McLean (head knock), Smith and Akers being replaced by Irving, Vladislav and Morrison.  The changes didn't affect the flow of the game too much as Rangers dominated possession and chances. 

Hearts finally created a couple of half chances in the last couple of minutes, when Henderson couldn't connect properly with a header from a Morrison shot, then Cochrane went on a run but shot wide.

I'd expect a few changes to the side for Sunday's cup game.

McLean had played well before he was subbed and Vladislav had a decent half hour at full back in the second half. Other than that Jones did ok while Hamilton mixed some good work with the odd lapse.

Edit: I got my numbers mixed up. It was Burt who scored the opener.

We_are_the_Hearts

Second best tonight I'm afraid.  Rangers started at 100 mph and stretched Hearts defensively.  The opening goal came from a crossfield pass from Beerman to Burt in space on the right. The winger drove in on goal and fired a shop past Mason from 12 yards.

Burt had a couple of other decent efforts and Rudden had a couple of chances that were well blocked and was through one on one with Mason but the keeper saved well.

Hearts got back into the game after the pace dropped off half an hour in. A couple of half chances fell to Henderson and Ackers, but didn't get close to testing the keeper.  In stoppage time Hearts got on level terms when Moore flighted in a free kick maybe 30 yards out on the left and McLean rose highest to direct his header into the bottom left corner of the goal.

The second half started with Rangers still looking the more dangerous and they soon went ahead after the ref awarded a penalty against Smith who was judged to have been holding Bates at a set piece.  It looked six of one, half dozen of the other. Rudden sent Mason the wrong way from the spot.

Hearts responded by making three subs at the same time with McLean (head knock), Smith and Akers being replaced by Irving, Vladislav and Morrison.  The changes didn't affect the flow of the game too much as Rangers dominated possession and chances. 

Hearts finally created a couple of half chances in the last couple of minutes, when Henderson couldn't connect properly with a header from a Morrison shot, then Cochrane went on a run but shot wide.

I'd expect a few changes to the side for Sunday's cup game.

McLean had played well before he was subbed and Vladislav had a decent half hour at full back in the second half. Other than that Jones did ok while Hamilton mixed some good work with the odd lapse.

Edit: I got my numbers mixed up. It was Burt who scored the opener.

I'm expecting the same tomorrow

Archived