Walker should be in the Scotland team

glastonbury jambo

glastonbury jambo

its a no brainer, Walker should be playing for Scotland,

he has what Scotland have been missing, he can spark things into life from nothing.

i know the Green imp wont even look twice probably but more fool him ...thoughts?

On his day as good as anyone in Scotland set up, just too inconsistent. Hopefully a run injury free will see him realise his potential,

SaughtonJambo

Hopefully avoids injury and manages to keep consistent. Be hard for him with the amount of lumps he has kicked out of him each week

Armstrong at Celtic will get a call up 1st, plus not sure that fitness wise Walker can handle international football on top of club games

glastonbury jambo

He deserves a shot at it, but he would struggle (like the rest), the step up to international level is bigger than most think.

no some players take to it easy, even more than club football.

A_A wehatethehibs

Not a chance. He has played well in the last 2 matches but he was rotten vs St Johnstone

If he delivers this form consistently over the rest of the season, we'll see.

Too early.  Just starting to show signs that he has recovered from his knee problems. If he can build on this it will be like us signing a new player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd rather he wasn't.

I'm with you. Djoum and Rherras looking fresh yesterday free of it for a couple of weeks

Too early.  Just starting to show signs that he has recovered from his knee problems. If he can build on this it will be like us signing a new player.

Jamie's form has been uneven this season, but over the previous two seasons he's been our best player for me.  He's getting better, just need to see his shooting from outside the box improve to where it was; nice finish yesterday bodes well.

The front 4 looked the business, playing off each other nicely. 

mahgrassyshoes

As others have said, needs a good injury free few months putting in displays like yesterday and he will be knocking on the door.

Up to now he hasn't show what he is capable of consistently and for a long enough period to really have merited a place in the squad (not that that's stopped others getting in!).

glastonbury jambo

If John mcginn is in there then Jamie walker should be

john mcginn is in the scotland team , that tells you a lot about the green imp.

mcginn is pishflaps.

its a no brainer, Walker should be playing for Scotland,

he has what Scotland have been missing, he can spark things into life from nothing.

i know the Green imp wont even look twice probably but more fool him ...thoughts?

100% agree

Walker is the sort of player that will never or only rarely play for Scotland no matter how well he plays.

Remember the 'McCann is a poor man's Giggs' from Craig Brown and McCann was 10 times the player that Walker is.

Regal Kingston

mcginn is pishflaps.

McGinn doesn't look out of place in the Championship.

Should be nowhere near the Scotland squad

Walker must have been close to getting a call up earlier this year

Better options in his position but he should definitely get a call next meaningless friendly.

Diadora Van Basten

Walker is the sort of player that will never or only rarely play for Scotland no matter how well he plays.

Remember the 'McCann is a poor man's Giggs' from Craig Brown and McCann was 10 times the player that Walker is.

Browns claim to fame is that he beat England one nil at Wembley.

For that game McCann was immense but Brown only picked him because somebody got suspended in the first match.

Had he picked McCann for the first match then Scotland could have won the tie and qualified.

mahgrassyshoes

Can't see Jamie getting a call up anytime soon. Too inconsistent and, perhaps, injury prone? Unless he can play CB of course...

:lol: Judging by the current choices, I'm not convinced that's a pre-requisite!

He might have a chance if he moves to England as it seems to be the case that the perception amongst the Scottish management is that you immediately become 10 times better than you were when you played in Scotland, such is the obsession with English football. Or of course there is the tried and tested method of just moving to an OF team, which also seems to suddenly give you a much better shot at playing for Scotland.

glastonbury jambo

He might have a chance if he moves to England as it seems to be the case that the perception amongst the Scottish management is that you immediately become 10 times better than you were when you played in Scotland, such is the obsession with English football. Or of course there is the tried and tested method of just moving to an OF team, which also seems to suddenly give you a much better shot at playing for Scotland.

Erm but mcginn?...is it cause he wears green ? probably.

mcginn is pishflaps.

Feck!

Second time this year I've agreed with you.

Have to stop getting so close.

D'ye fancy a pint?

Maroon Sailor

No chance will he get a call up - what offensive minded Hearts player is likely to be given a chance by Scotland ?

If Jamie keeps knocking them in even the imbecile that picks the team can't ignore him.......................

Ehrm...................... who is that bloke that plays for Celtic? Irritating wee shite that scores a lot?

Agree about Souttar, mind. Hanley is a plank.

Please let's get the maroon-tinted glasses off. IMO Jamie has neither the strength or pace to play international football (even for a low-ranked country like ours). There are guys playing in midfield for Premier League teams who deserve a chance ahead of him (Boyd, Adam, Fulton and Phillips) and there are probably just as many in the Championship or Div 1 down south

I hate knocking anyone who plays for us but, sadly, I think he'd be shown up were he to be given a chance.

The Treasurer

Hopefully avoids injury and manages to keep consistent. Be hard for him with the amount of lumps he has kicked out of him each week

The way he is targeted by opposition players there is little chance of him avoiding injury.

Every match there is at least one shocker of a challenge on him that should see the opposition reduced to 10 men

scott herbertson

The way he is targeted by opposition players there is little chance of him avoiding injury.

Every match there is at least one shocker of a challenge on him that should see the opposition reduced to 10 men

They've got carte blanche since that crappy 'diving' decision. may as well put target circles on his legs

glastonbury jambo

Please let's get the maroon-tinted glasses off. IMO Jamie has neither the strength or pace to play international football (even for a low-ranked country like ours). There are guys playing in midfield for Premier League teams who deserve a chance ahead of him (Boyd, Adam, Fulton and Phillips) and there are probably just as many in the Championship or Div 1 down south

I hate knocking anyone who plays for us but, sadly, I think he'd be shown up were he to be given a chance.

nope.

If he was English, French, Brazilian or Italian and banged in 6 goals for 12 games in their domestic league he'd be in the side.

Better than feckin Barry McKay anyday.

If he was English, French, Brazilian or Italian and banged in 6 goals for 12 games in their domestic league he'd be in the side.

Better than feckin Barry McKay anyday.

Too right mate miles better than McKay

letsalldothebeattie

Hes too small cant defend the corners like Martin & Fletcher can.

In all seriousness though he should be in the squads he is as good as any of the wingers in the squads just now and is scoring plenty goals. I would love to see him get the recognition he deserves at the highest international level

Bazzas right boot

That would hold true if players like mcginn and McKay weern't in the squad.

Walker is better and offers something completely different from these two.

The guys you mention should be in before the two I mentioned, walker would offer something different- a first touch, skill and a goal for starters.

It's a nonsense that James Forrest is ahead of Walker in the Scotland set-up.

Walker is a better player, better finisher, better end product provider and better work rate.

Archived