Dodgy phone issues

hughesie27

So I have an S5 and the other day it randomly started flickering whenever I pulled the notification menu down. I should say that for a while now the top edge of the screen has slightly came away from the phone. It doesn't impact the touch screen or image quality and its barely noticeable, however I can slide a fingernail under the top edge. It has however rendered my front facing camera a fuzzy mess.

As the flickering has gradually gotten worse, particularly if my phone was in my jeans pocket for a long time, the flickering and dull screen would last for long periods before returning to normal randomly.

I assumed I'd let too much dirt in u see the screen and it was messing with the electronics.

However.

I just discovered that by turning the auto brightness off and turn g it all the way up, the flicker stops and I can usually get a decent picture, albeit with a yellowish/green hue. Turn the brightness down causes the screen to have a seizure.

Anybody got any idea what the cause is likely to be? Dust in front of the light sensor?

This is what I am seeing however mines kicks in at about 50% brightness and is still not perfect at 100%.

Archived