U20s at Falkirk

Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Noring Morrison Oshaniwa Jones Smith Hamilton Paton Irving Currie Leonard Muirhead

Subs McLean Mason Mcdonald Henderson Cochrane Gillan

Falkirk team

Deniz Finlayson Watson Grant Gallacher Langton Blues Peggie O'Hara Austen Shepherd

Subs McMinn Eadie Johnson Mitchell Jarvis Dunne Stowe

Seymour M Hersh

Falkirk team

Deniz Finlayson Watson Grant Gallacher Langton Blues Peggie O'Hara Austen Shepherd

Subs McMinn Eadie Johnson Mitchell Jarvis Dunne Stowe

My old mum had all her albums.

Seymour M Hersh

The Langton Blues by Peggie O'Hara...classic

It looks like they've only got 7 starting.  Deniz Finlayson, Watson Grant, Gallagher, Langton, Blues, Peggy O'hara and Austen Shepherd.  :laugh:

It looks like they've only got 7 starting. Deniz Finlayson, Watson Grant, Gallagher, Langton, Blues, Peggy O'hara and Austen Shepherd. :laugh:

They heard the osh! Was in the Hearts team and assumed he'd at least make up 3 players for them.....Two own goals, 67 miss placed passes, 4 clearances the wrong way and at least 7 foul throws...who needs 11!

Say What Again

C'mon lads you're only playing 6 laddies and a singer from the 40's.

But she's "In the Mood" tonight :(

Footballfirst

There's not really been much in the game to get excited about from either side. Lots of possession for Hearts but no chances created. We have been playing three at the back tonight.

Jambof3tornado

Noring doing his best not to be selected for Saturday after misjudging a sclaff from Nathan Austin

Sclaffs can be difficult to judge to be fair!

Footballfirst

Full time 1-1.

Falkirk probably had the edge in the second half and Hearts goal came a bit against the run of play. 

The goal came from a long throw out by Noring to Muirhead on the left.  Muirhead tried to take on the full back for pace, but the defender matched him, only for Muirhead to beat him at the bye line and roll the ball across the face of the goal for Anthony McDonald to score from two yards out at the back post.

It wasn't a great game.  Hearts three at the back didn't really work with  Smith Hamilton and Jones as the back three.  They changed to a back four when Smith was subbed by McDonald.

Oshaniwa had a decent game, but I was most impressed by Chris Hamilton who got better as the game progressed, showing great composure despite his lack of years.

Like the first team, Hearts had spells of good possession, but lacked the urgency and precision to play a telling pass that might have created an opening.

Austin's goal for Falkirk was an attempt at a lob over the keeper that he completely mis-hit and the ball seemed to go in slow motion past the ultra slow motion of Noring's left hand and into the net.

Hamilton seems to be getting better all the time. Heard a rumour last week that he's away (plus one other), to Celtic at end of campaign.

Footballfirst

Hamilton seems to be getting better all the time. Heard a rumour last week that he's away (plus one other), to Celtic at end of campaign.

He should be offered a full time contract once he turns 16 (July 2017).  Whether or not he accepts may be down to what he wants to do school wise, i.e. stay on to sit some highers. It might be a practical solution to split his time, half at school and half training with the club full time, as they have done with others before.

There are others in the same situation, Cochrane, McDonald, Wilson, Young and Ritchie will all be 16 in the early part of next year so it will be interesting to see who are offered full time contracts for next season.

Marc Leonard is still only 14 (he will be 15 next month), so he won't be able to leave school before December 2017 at the earliest, so we would have to wait.

When I see Marc starting for the U20s at 14, you have to laugh at the level of coverage that 13 year old Dembele got for playing seven minutes for Celtic  

He should be offered a full time contract once he turns 16 (July 2017). Whether or not he accepts may be down to what he wants to do school wise, i.e. stay on to sit some highers. It might be a practical solution to split his time, half at school and half training with the club full time, as they have done with others before.

There are others in the same situation, Cochrane, McDonald, Wilson, Young and Ritchie will all be 16 in the early part of next year so it will be interesting to see who are offered full time contracts for next season.

Marc Leonard is still only 14 (he will be 15 next month), so he won't be able to leave school before December 2017 at the earliest, so we would have to wait.

When I see Marc starting for the U20s at 14, you have to laugh at the level of coverage that 13 year old Dembele got for playing seven minutes for Celtic

Marc did well for Scotland recently

scott herbertson

He should be offered a full time contract once he turns 16 (July 2017).  Whether or not he accepts may be down to what he wants to do school wise, i.e. stay on to sit some highers. It might be a practical solution to split his time, half at school and half training with the club full time, as they have done with others before.

Didn't realise he was that young. I thought Hamilton looked very composed and mature in the Scotland games, looks a great prospect if he can continue to develop.

I would imagine that Chris Hamilton has had it made clear to him that this is Hearts intention. From what I hear though, it may be past that point. Apparently Celtic are after another one of the lads you mention but I wasn't told which one. I didn't know that Marc Leonard was that young either I must admit.

He should be offered a full time contract once he turns 16 (July 2017). Whether or not he accepts may be down to what he wants to do school wise, i.e. stay on to sit some highers. It might be a practical solution to split his time, half at school and half training with the club full time, as they have done with others before.

davidjones18741

It will be interesting to see how many U16s get contract offers from Hearts and for the ones that do not get offered where they will end up with contracts. I think last year 3 got contracts (reid, Irvine, smith) but this bunch of U16s seem to have more depth, does anyone have opinions?  I only seen the U16s playing U17 a few times this season and been impressed by all the players named.

It will be interesting to see how many U16s get contract offers from Hearts and for the ones that do not get offered where they will end up with contracts. I think last year 3 got contracts (reid, Irvine, smith) but this bunch of U16s seem to have more depth, does anyone have opinions?  I only seen the U16s playing U17 a few times this season and been impressed by all the players named.

I think there is potential for 8 or even 9 of this current squad to be offered contracts at the end of the season. I think the problem may be holding onto them rather than them signing. As has be aluded to in earlier posts there is interest in some of these boys already, suppose it is now a case of where they see their best chance of progression. Hearts have a good pathway for the boys but it is very easy to have your head turned by an agent promising a lot of things.

As we all know football is a fickle game and you are only one game or one mans opinion away from being released so when opportunities arise they need some serious thinking.

While a lot of Scottish clubs allow their young players to go to clubs down South on trial, Hearts do not allow that so anyone who wants their young players needs to come armed with a cheque book.

davidjones18741

I think there is potential for 8 or even 9 of this current squad to be offered contracts at the end of the season. I think the problem may be holding onto them rather than them signing. As has be aluded to in earlier posts there is interest in some of these boys already, suppose it is now a case of where they see their best chance of progression. Hearts have a good pathway for the boys but it is very easy to have your head turned by an agent promising a lot of things.

As we all know football is a fickle game and you are only one game or one mans opinion away from being released so when opportunities arise they need some serious thinking.

While a lot of Scottish clubs allow their young players to go to clubs down South on trial, Hearts do not allow that so anyone who wants their young players needs to come armed with a cheque book.

I guess for these boys and parents it?s a difficult choice to make as sometimes the ?grass is not greener? on the other side but same time if you ?don?t experience it? you will never know. I heard from a parent (central defender) when I watched the Ayr game that he mentioned some boys had the chance to goto England for a trial, surprised Hearts don?t allow this as he said other Scottish teams have done. I guess its not about money at 16 for these boys but opportunity. Agents are a necessary evil in today?s game, I am sure some are better than others in their approach.

Just hope these U16s stay and develop. The defenders parent also told me at the Ayr game this team had already won more games than the older team did in the full previous season and that he felt 6-7 should or could have been in the Scotland squad. Based on this and some of the comments it seems we have a good bunch at this age group.

Archived