What a year 2016 has been

John Findlay

for celebrities to pass away. Robert Vaughan the original Napoleon Solo has died aged 83. Excellent in the Magnificent Seven and Bullit. RIP.

Mods please change the 9 to a 0 in the title. Thank you.

Ronnie Corbet 85

Leonard Cohen 82

Robert Vaughn 83  

Come on thats a good inninngs...WE cant live forever. 

Ronnie Corbet 85

Leonard Cohen 82

Robert Vaughn 83  

True enough, but some of us *ahem* are getting close to that 'good innings' territory, and that's what makes it depressing..

The last 3-4 years has seen us lose some of the greatest legends from a generation we'll never see the likes of again.

Depressing as ****.

It's the growing up thin. As a wee laddie I can remember asking my dad if I could stay up late to watch man from uncle. Depending on his mood it was yay or nay. On first seeing of the Magnificent Seven. Thinking it was one of the best, not just cowboy films I had seen. As for Bullit. It was a film that was just cool personified.

Francis Albert

Ronnie Corbet 85

Leonard Cohen 82

Robert Vaughn 83  

Agreed. I see the media is already preparing for the mourning when national treasure Sir Brucie pops his clogs.

Beyond a certain age it seems to me the issue is not when you die but how you die. Give me anything over 80 if it goes without drooling in a nursing home for a decade or two with dementia or incontinence..

This picture tells a story.

ObrCm8.jpg

It's going to get worse in the coming years.  Many of the actors and musicians who came to fame in the 60s and 70s are now at or beyond their 60s and 70s.

None of us are getting any younger.

ObrCm8.jpg

It's going to get worse in the coming years. Many of the actors and musicians who came to fame in the 60s and 70s are now at or beyond their 60s and 70s.

Cheery thought. :)

ObrCm8.jpg

It's going to get worse in the coming years. Many of the actors and musicians who came to fame in the 60s and 70s are now at or beyond their 60s and 70s.

Poor old Lemmy getting lumped in with the 2016 crowd when he didn't even die during it.

Archived