UKPC Parking Nazis.

...a bit disco

...a bit disco

Anyone had any dealings with this lot?

They've recently came into my life through no fault of my own.

:seething:

Out of interest how isn't it your fault?

There are stories about them if you Google UKPC Edinburgh. Best one being down at Salamander Court where they appear to have put up a UKPC sign but nobody, including the council, knows who put the sign there. The council claim its public for anyone to park at.

I've been receiving reminders etc from Parking Eye and ignoring them however the last letter came from a debt recovery firm. Am I still to ignore or does this change the goalposts?

...a bit disco

Out of interest how isn't it your fault?

There are stories about them if you Google UKPC Edinburgh. Best one being down at Salamander Court where they appear to have put up a UKPC sign but nobody, including the council, knows who put the sign there. The council claim its public for anyone to park at.

Was visiting someone at the new Westfield flats. Had a visitors permit on display but due to poor signage, and the fact that it was dark and all the bays were full, I parked carefully over the road from the bays but received a Notice for a ?70 Parking Charge.

...a bit disco

I've been receiving reminders etc from Parking Eye and ignoring them however the last letter came from a debt recovery firm. Am I still to ignore or does this change the goalposts?

After an extensive Google search last night, ignore apparently.

I'd call the council and ask if its public or private first of all but either way, they'd need proof that it was you driving.

You're probably fine to ignore it but don't take my word on that.

Jambof3tornado

Ignore. Its from the same lot,possibly in the same building if I remember rightly.

Although fines from these companies are not legally enforceable, hopefully these letters do make some folk re-think they attitudes towards parking on private land.

Although fines from these companies are not legally enforceable, hopefully these letters do make some folk re-think they attitudes towards parking on private land.

You're right and it wasn't deliberate. Mines stems back from parking at the Scotmid opposite St Johns hospital when I had to rush my pregnant Mrs there with a DVT in her leg. This time last year actually.

You're right and it wasn't deliberate. Mines stems back from parking at the Scotmid opposite St Johns hospital when I had to rush my pregnant Mrs there with a DVT in her leg. This time last year actually.

DVT in her. Is that not how she got pregnant in the first place? :-0)

I've been stung big time from these *******s. I had a few tickets and ignored as advised in online forums etc. Don't ignore. They'll hit you with a decree and/or take you to a small claims court like they did to me.

highlandjambo3

I hate these ****s.

At hampden (for the big day of course) and, you can see loads of these parking vultures driving around in their flatbed trucks picking up cars like they are on some sort of bonus scheem (which of course they are).  I found a parking space with the road next to a large fenced in public park, as I was walking up the path one of these maggots was attaching the slings from his truck to a car where its front wheel was about 6 inches beyond a lowered kerb stone, the kerb stone was an access way into the park for vehicles however, there was a rusted old gate with padlock and chain which had clearlt never been opened for years so, no access was blocked (ok technically it was) however, the sunken kerb was quite wide and even if the gate was open and operational, vehicles could stil get passed this car for access...........................weegie maggots

Was visiting someone at the new Westfield flats. Had a visitors permit on display but due to poor signage, and the fact that it was dark and all the bays were full, I parked carefully over the road from the bays but received a Notice for a ?70 Parking Charge.

Sounds like you knew the parking bays were full so you just decided to park where you knew you shouldn't. Blaming signage is poor form. ******s block my street up every day by parking like that and they deserve it when they get ticketed.

I'd call the council and ask if its public or private first of all but either way, they'd need proof that it was you driving.

You're probably fine to ignore it but don't take my word on that.

Would they need proof though? You're the registered owner of the car therefore it's your responsibility.

Would they need proof though? You're the registered owner of the car therefore it's your responsibility.

No it isn't, it's the driver of the vehicle that is responsible and you are under no obligation to tell them who that was.

Park in private car parks up Newington all the time, had several fines, all patched, nothing came from it.

Beats paying the ?3 an hour or whatever the council charge.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Park in private car parks up Newington all the time, had several fines, all patched, nothing came from it.

Beats paying the ?3 an hour or whatever the council charge.

^^^ The correct mentality.

You'll love it when he parks on your driveway.

Car part at student flats that is always about 75% empty.

Nobodies day has ever been ruined by me chief.

Car part at student flats that is always about 75% empty.

Nobodies day has ever been ruined by me chief.

OFhaters day will be when you realise he's a student and you park on his drive.

No it isn't, it's the driver of the vehicle that is responsible and you are under no obligation to tell them who that was.

Just to clarify, you are under no obligation to tell a private firm. However, in the event of a legally-enforceable fine (i.e. from the council or the police) you are.

For me, the part of what these shysters do which tells me all I need to know about their shady practices is that the tickets they give out are specifically designed to replicate the official council/police ones - even going as far to state "PCN - Parking Charge Notice" which is similar to the correct "Penalty Charge Notice". 

Toxteth O'Grady

A wee student ******* that lives up my street parked in our private car park one night. I was up early to go to the airport and was blocked in so it cost me a taxi fare.

It cost him 4 new tyres.

Parking in a supermarket car park a little bit longer than you should is totally different from parking in or over someones driveway . Get It ?

...a bit disco

Sounds like you knew the parking bays were full so you just decided to park where you knew you shouldn't. Blaming signage is poor form. ******s block my street up every day by parking like that and they deserve it when they get ticketed.

Was very considerate. Never blocked anyone's access to or from anywhere and there was literally no parking spaces available in the entire scheme.

Closest parking available was Sainsburys but I didn't have a permit for there and my arthritis suffering wife would never have been able to walk that far.

As for the signage, 8 o 'clock at night is not a time to be reading small print from a car round a corner.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

OFhaters day will be when you realise he's a student and you park on his drive.

Get off my back or I'll find out where you stay and park in your private car park. ;)

Was very considerate. Never blocked anyone's access to or from anywhere and there was literally no parking spaces available in the entire scheme.

Closest parking available was Sainsburys but I didn't have a permit for there and my arthritis suffering wife would never have been able to walk that far.

As for the signage, 8 o 'clock at night is not a time to be reading small print from a car round a corner.

I'm sure there was plenty space for two cars to pass each other in opposite directions as the road was designed for too. You took your chances and got busted, the less carefree of us probably would've just dropped the wife off and then found a suitable space. I know I would for my arthritis suffering wife, because I'm tight and value my credit rating.

If you park illegally (double yellows, etc) the council don't need to know who parked it. i don't think your correct.

If you park illegally (double yellows, etc) the council don't need to know who parked it. i don't think your correct.

I work in this industry and that's the way I've seen it. If your car gets a ticket, it's you, the registered owner, that they come after.

It's upto you to prove you weren't in control of the vehicle at the time of issue.

I'm sure there was plenty space for two cars to pass each other in opposite directions as the road was designed for too. You took your chances and got busted, the less carefree of us probably would've just dropped the wife off and then found a suitable space. I know I would for my arthritis suffering wife, because I'm tight and value my credit rating.

If your wife is arthritic, does she not qualify for a blue badge, which will give you mlre options?

Regarding ignoring, I read in tbe paper a story of a woman doing that, and she was threatened with court action. She did indeed get taken to court, and she lost.

...a bit disco

Except that's not really the case though.

I wasn't taking a chance if I had no knowledge that what I was doing was wrong to the tune of ?70 and the notice telling me otherwise was on a wall out of view and illegible from a distance over 12 inch.

Anyway, this only affects my credit rating IF it goes to court, the judge rules in their favour, and I still refuse to pay.

...a bit disco

If your wife is arthritic, does she not qualify for a blue badge, which will give you mlre options?

Regarding ignoring, I read in tbe paper a story of a woman doing that, and she was threatened with court action. She did indeed get taken to court, and she lost.

She does qualify but we're waiting for all the relevant paperwork to obtain one.

She does qualify but we're waiting for all the relevant paperwork to obtain one.

Well I hope once sorted, it makes it easier for you both and gives you more options.

...a bit disco

Well I hope once sorted, it makes it easier for you both and gives you more options.

Cheers Paolo.

It's taken her long enough to get her head round her situation and swallow her pride.

She must have missed out on about 3-4 years worth of disability benefits because she was too proud to claim.

She quite possibly does but I can't say we've ever thought about trying to get a blue badge. She mostly does OK and is a real trooper as she only ever complains about it when it's giving her real bother. She's 37 and had rheumatoid arthritis in her knees since before she was 32. There are others that need the privilege that blue badges bring before we do. We choose not to park like ***** though.

The Real Maroonblood

A wee student ******* that lives up my street parked in our private car park one night. I was up early to go to the airport and was blocked in so it cost me a taxi fare.

It cost him 4 new tyres.

Seems a neighbourly thing to do.

Francis Albert

If only the Nazis had simply fined Jews for parking in the wrong place. Language loses meaning if you call enforcers of parking rules Nazis.

...a bit disco

If only the Nazis had simply fined Jews for parking in the wrong place. Language loses meaning if you call enforcers of parking rules Nazis.

'UKPC Parking Totalitarians' isn't quite as catchy though FA, you old contrarian you.

:biggrin:

The thread is about ukpc not the council, therefore I am correct ;)

Archived