Horse Nap

billyboy38

Winter Bloom ;)

4.15 Salisbury

This one has been in my note book for the last couple of weeks

Was unlucky in its last run at Windsor, 1lb better in at the weights. Should win

david mcgee

Takitwo 2.45 Salisbury, always wins in June and runs well after a lay off, well worth a second look 11/1.

Say What Again

Just backed them both with some of my Euro 2008 winnings.

Gives me a wee interest for today.

Winter Bloom ;)

4.15 Salisbury

Was unlucky in its last run at Windsor, 1lb better in at the weights. Should win

Next Best

Sinbad The Sailor

8.45 Chester

Say What Again

You might be able to help me out with something BB. Do you know somewhere online where I could find out race meetings that are on in July?

Gerd Muller

Since I'm off work today, I might have a wee gamble. Heading to the bookies soon, any others I should watch out for?

Since I'm off work today, I might have a wee gamble. Heading to the bookies soon, any others I should watch out for?

Writingonthewall 3.30 Redcar

Countrywide city 2.30 Redcar

Bold Bobby Be 4.45 Sals

Winter Bloom ;)

4.15 Salisbury

Really like the look of Spell Caster

Gerd Muller
Writingonthewall 3.30 Redcar

Countrywide city 2.30 Redcar

Bold Bobby Be 4.45 Sals

Writingonthewall about 4/1 ??

Takitwo 2.45 Salisbury, always wins in June and runs well after a lay off, well worth a second look 11/1.

3rd Placed

but i done it to win :sad:

good shout

Gerd Muller

backed . Elaines folly there at the 3.00 Redcar, back to level after 65p profit. Get in there! :)

Say What Again
3rd Placed

but i done it to win :sad:

good shout

I backed it e/w and your tip to win, then both of them in a e/w double.

Not a bad start I suppose. Turned ?10 in to ?12.50 (wooooo) so far and still have ?10 on your tip and ?5 e/w double on them both.

'Mon the Winter Bloom

Gerd Muller

On a roll here, had Kiwi Bay e/w for ?1.05 profit. This horse racing malarky is easy peasy :)

On a roll here, had Kiwi Bay e/w for ?1.05 profit. This horse racing malarky is easy peasy :)

Would much prefer your selection before the off ;)

Gerd Muller
Would much prefer your selection before the off ;)

Date Receipt Bet Type Number Of Lines Total Stake Paid Selection Details Price Returns

10/06/2008

0000034 Single (each-way) 2 ?0.20 15:45 Race winner Theory 3.50 ?0.15

0000033 Single (each-way) 2 ?0.30 15:30 Race winner Kiwi Bay 5.00 ?1.05

0000032 Single (To win) 1 ?0.30 15:15 Race winner Main Aim 1.72 ?0.52

0000031 Single (each-way) 2 ?0.20 15:15 Race winner Rowaad 17.00 ?0.00

0000030 Single (To win) 1 ?0.20 15:00 Race winner Elaines Folly 3.50 ?0.70

0000029 Single (each-way) 2 ?0.20 15:00 Race winner Scarlet Blade 21.00 ?0.00

0000028 Single (each-way) 2 ?0.20 14:45 Race winner Desert Dreamer 3.00 ?0.14

just small bets today, mainly fav or 2nd fav e/w. just for the boredom!.

Winter Bloom 2nd fav behind Storyline on Betfair.

Sexton Hardcastle

put 10er on this winter bloom at 3's. c'mon. could really do with this one BB.

quid on xavi 3-1 spain as well. 126-1. no cesc or alonso!

Gerd Muller
put 10er on this winter bloom at 3's. c'mon. could really do with this one BB.

quid on xavi 3-1 spain as well. 126-1. no cesc or alonso!

I'm on with ?0.50! :dribble:

Sexton Hardcastle

1st 7 Casilda (IRE) 12-1

2nd 8 My Aunt ***** 16-1

3rd 10 Storyland (USA) 3-1 F

su feckin perb

Nucky Thompson
Yey another useless tip
It's up to the person if they want to take the tip:rolleyes:

It's up to the person if they want to take the tip:rolleyes:

Indeed. Just feel if you are constantly tipping horses everywhere you're bound to get one right eventually. But if someone see's this specific tip and beleive's the 'tipster' to have inside knowledge and sticks alot on it i just feel its a bit harsh.

But as you say, its their choice :(

The Old Tolbooth
Indeed. Just feel if you are constantly tipping horses everywhere you're bound to get one right eventually. But if someone see's this specific tip and beleive's the 'tipster' to have inside knowledge and sticks alot on it i just feel its a bit harsh.

But as you say, its their choice :(

To be fair to Billy, he gets a lot more winners than losers on here and anyone betting to a pound level stake would be well in front from his tips by now Cal, but like Boo says, were all big boys here and old enough to make our own mind up whether to back horses or not, I know I appreciate a wee horsey tip now and then :)

To be fair to Billy, he gets a lot more winners than losers on here and anyone betting to a pound level stake would be well in front from his tips by now Cal, but like Boo says, were all big boys here and old enough to make our own mind up whether to back horses or not, I know I appreciate a wee horsey tip now and then :)

Fair enough. I'm only new here and i don't think i've seen a winner. Will keep an eye out in the future however.:)

The Old Tolbooth
Sinbad The Sailor

8.45 Chester

If this jumps it wins..........

Jumps?

At Chester? :confused:

Jumps?

At Chester? :confused:

just testing to see you are all awake, actually getting mixed up with Delayed Approuch 8.00 Southwell, was tipped both this morning.....

The Old Tolbooth
just testing to see you are all awake, actually getting mixed up with Delayed Approuch 8.00 Southwell, was tipped both this morning.....

2/1 seems to be the best price so far I can get, it briefly went to 2.05 but quickly came back in again.

Edit- out to 2.1 now

The Old Tolbooth

3rd, won by Always Certain, a Mark Johnston trained horse at 8/1.

That's one trainer that I just cant seem to catch right these days.

Bad day at the office......

Was told to lay the odds on fav in the 7.00 also...

Put up all the wrong ones up today, i blame the football as im to engrossed...

Say What Again

You sure John?

I've backed a few of Billy's 'tips' and I take them like you said. I don't have to back them.

I won't have a go at BB for posting ANY 'tips', because again, as you say, it's up to you to back them.

However, I wouldn't mind you (or anyone else) taking the time out to justify the bold bit.

I've backed a good few of BB's 'tips' (and again, it's up to me - I know feck all about horses) and I'm not so sure anybody would be 'well in front'.

Nowt against BB for posting his fancies - I don't have to follow them. 'well in front?', I'd like proof.

Sorry John & BB - I actually like following the Shed tips. The fact I do so, makes me question the stuff above though.

The Old Tolbooth
You sure John?

I've backed a few of Billy's 'tips' and I take them like you said. I don't have to back them.

I won't have a go at BB for posting ANY 'tips', because again, as you say, it's up to you to back them.

However, I wouldn't mind you (or anyone else) taking the time out to justify the bold bit.

I've backed a good few of BB's 'tips' (and again, it's up to me - I know feck all about horses) and I'm not so sure anybody would be 'well in front'.

Nowt against BB for posting his fancies - I don't have to follow them. 'well in front?', I'd like proof.

Sorry John & BB - I actually like following the Shed tips. The fact I do so, makes me question the stuff above though.

I'm afraid I don't have any proof mate, I don't often post tips and when I do I'm normally fairly certain you'll get a run for your money (I've got 2 for today if you like), Billy's tips generally seem to be good, and some big priced winners in there too.

He's probably had more losers than winners to be fair, however when you consider the fact that some have scooted in at 6's, 8's 10's etc, then I would imagine that people backing his tips would be in front.

*EDIT* Bugger it, I'll post the horses I got anyway and you can make your own mind up

Nottingham 3.10 Scuffle (this is supposed to be a certainty but so was Mark McGhee!)

Kempton 8.25 Carcinetto (each way)

Cheers John! Scuffle in for me.

On the subject of tips, I dont bet big (usually the two pound minimum with Betfair), and im a decent amount up on the tips from Billy. I dont take all of them but of the ones ive bet I won a helluva lot more than ive lost.

You sure John?

JOH , When i nap horses they are the horses ive either been following or fancy to go well on the day, when i tip horses thats when i expect the horse to win , recent winners include Grand National winner Comply or die , Derby winner New Approach. Also had loads of pm`s thanking me for winning them a few bob. Yes ive had a few losers and loads of seconds but thats horse racing.

Archived