93% of the worlds heroin

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Just watching the news at ten. The death of another three British troops in Afghanistan. It was claimed this country produces 93% of the heroin that swamps the world. Are the west (us, the USA and the allies ) too soft? The military know where all the massive poppy fields are, a very un-pc view, but why not send the planes in with napalm, scorch every single poppy field in Afghanistan and 93% of the worlds heroin dies.

Ok, thousands of Afghans will die, but in the civilised world it would be worth it, you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs. No doubt the bleeding heart liberal type would call me all sorts of names for even suggesting this, but these people need to drag themselves out the middle ages thinking, then they would get our help...rather than our wrath.

Rawrrrrrrr

It says a lot that more british troops have died since the war "ended" that during the actual war

I dont think your plan really is a starter and tbh it seems to be too costly to fight them on the grounds

My suggestion would be leave them to it, heroin will come from somewhere, if we stop it there it will come from elsewhere

Likewise Afghanistan prove no real threat, that wouldnt be recreated elsewhere before we went to the war on terror

I think we should just admit enough is enough and take the troops out and put them in Iraq where there seems to be at least some improvement, Afghanistan just seems to get worse and worse

The seeds are essential for medicine tho that is the only problem

No doubt the bleeding heart liberal type would call me all sorts of names for even suggesting this, but these people need to drag themselves out the middle ages thinking, then they would get our help...rather than our wrath.

Can I be the bleeding hearted liberal. Your quote was almost up there with somebody I am not allowed to mention on the "working class" thread.

Beyond belief. :sad:

Professor.Arturo
The seeds are essential for medicine tho that is the only problem

Thats true, but surely the legal opium is grown under controlled areas, which are run by the pharmicutical companies? I dont know, I'm just guessing.

Professor.Arturo
Can I be the bleeding hearted liberal. Your quote was almost up there with somebody I am not allowed to mention on the "working class" thread.

Beyond belief. :sad:

Of course you can, would the sacrifice be worth the millions worldwide their product kills?

I have to say yes.

Why don't we just kill all humans, that way there will be nobody around to take the heroin?

Why don't we just kill all humans, that way there will be nobody around to take the heroin?

Nah, just the smack producing mofo's in Afghanistan.

Ratcatcher for President.

Produced by the warlords that we have given power to. The Taliban had hugely cut opium production.

Or look at it from this angle................

shoot the skag heads as they fund terrorism!;)

I'll get ma coat

The invading countries will not interfere with the poppy fields because to put a stop to it would be a total economic disaster for the affected country. Easier to let it be an try unsuccessful as they are to fight the by-product in their own countries.

jamboinglasgow
Just watching the news at ten. The death of another three British troops in Afghanistan. It was claimed this country produces 93% of the heroin that swamps the world. Are the west (us, the USA and the allies ) too soft? The military know where all the massive poppy fields are, a very un-pc view, but why not send the planes in with napalm, scorch every single poppy field in Afghanistan and 93% of the worlds heroin dies.

Ok, thousands of Afghans will die, but in the civilised world it would be worth it, you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs. No doubt the bleeding heart liberal type would call me all sorts of names for even suggesting this, but these people need to drag themselves out the middle ages thinking, then they would get our help...rather than our wrath.

the problem is that it is a crop which produces money for these farmers, if there was an alternative then it would be easier to get rid of but its a problem. Same problem with columbia.

Rick Grimes

the main bit of middle age thinking in this thread is above. you're calling for the deaths of thousands of foreigners because it doesn't suit your ridiculously simplistic view.

take yourself out for a serious word.

Western governments sanctioning the killing of thousands of innocents, in the name of exerting control over the production of a natural resource in a far-flung land? Nah, the electorate would never stand for that...

Craig-Section Z

Sadly wiping out the Heroin wont cure the addicts though will it, instead it will make things worse as prices will excuse the pun shoot up so crime will shoot up as well as they tired to fund their habbit.........i believe the phrase is catch 22 or something similar.

The US is certainly not to soft.

Have a look into CIA involvment in the global drugs trade and I am sure you will be shocked. Olly North and the Contras wasn't a one off !

The problem is that the heroin trade provides a lot of money for the farmers and troops moving in to destroy this livelyhood simply fuels the insurgents as these farmers then take up arms to protect their crops, siding with the Taliban and allowing the conflict to continue.

The simplest solution (and cheaper too) would be to purchase the heroin from the farmers at a rate higher than they achieve selling it to drug lords, thus keeping the farmers from taking up arms and allowing them to make money for themselves and their families / communities.

As mentioned above the heroin has medicinal properties as it can create morphine and other similar drugs so can be resold to drug companies and help millions around the world while diffusing the situation in Afghanistan as insurgents would lose one of their main source of fighters and communities would then back the troops as they are their source of income.

Western governments are too scared to go down this route even though it is the best solution as it kills the illegal trade in heroin, shows initiative in getting Afghanis onside and also helps millions by providing morphine at a price I'm sure far cheaper than currently procured.

Napalming them is doing nothing more than opening a whole can of Vietnam on the region.

Only a Game
Produced by the warlords that we have given power to. The Taliban had hugely cut opium production.

We must have thought that turning a blind eye to the production of opium/heroin was preferable to having a regime that sponsored, trained and supported religious psychopaths who got on buses and trains with bombs strapped to their backs. It might also be true that removing the Taliban was the easier option of the two.

Although the The US (I dare say with Britains knowledge and consent) also sponsored, supported and trained what became the Taliban /Al Qaeda when it suited them

We must have thought that turning a blind eye to the production of opium/heroin was preferable to having a regime that sponsored, trained and supported religious psychopaths who got on buses and trains with bombs strapped to their backs. It might also be true that removing the Taliban was the easier option of ther two.

Although the The US (I dare say with Britains knowledge and consent) also sponsored, supported and trained what became the Taliban /Al Qaeda when it suited them

A large supporter of the Taliban in terms of religious empathy was the Saudi government.

Only a Game
A large supporter of the Taliban in terms of religious empathy was the Saudi government.

A Saudi government who were distributing funds to Osama Bin Laden during the Afghan/Soviet war, which were provided directly by the United States for that very purpose.

A Saudi government who were distributing funds to Osama Bin Laden during the Afghan/Soviet war, which were provided directly by the United States for that very purpose.

The whole situation is a case of shifting bogeymen. The entire sordid story does the US no credit at all.

Only a Game
The whole situation is a case of shifting bogeymen. The entire sordid story does the US no credit at all.

Its quite harsh to say it, but when you read a little about what the US have been up to in the last 30 years, members of congress openly financially supporting the IRA and the whole damn country ensuring that a terrorist state (Israel) was allowed to go about murdering thousands of innocent men women and children under the guise of the protection of freedom and democracy then they almost deserved 9/11 (not the people who died of course but the US as a country) And the man who did it was only in the position of power he was in because they (The US) put him there.(and even that is only if you believe it was a strightforward terrorist attack) Dont forget that Bin Laden and the US had a strong mutual desire to see Sadaam Hussain taken out and 9/11 led directly to that happening.

Its quite harsh to say it, but when you read a little about what the US have been up to in the last 30 years, members of congress openly financially supporting the IRA and the whole damn country ensuring that a terrorist state (Israel) was allowed to go about murdering thousands of innocent men women and children under the guise of the protection of freedom and democracy then they almost deserved 9/11 (not the people who died of course but the US as a country) And the man who did it was only in the position of power he was in because they (The US) put him there.(and even that is only if you believe it was a strightforward terrorist attack) Dont forget that Bin Laden and the US had a strong mutual desire to see Sadaam Hussain taken out and 9/11 led directly to that happening.

Try reading The Great war For Civilisation by Robert Fisk. It goes into the entire situation in great depth.

Only a Game
Try reading The Great war For Civilisation by Robert Fisk. It goes into the entire situation in great depth.

Im reading "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright just now. It covers the inception and the growth of radical Islam up to 9/11. Its fascinating stuff

(quite a heavy read) but the big thing you take from it is the utter stupidity, greed, criminality and culpability of just about every US regime in the last 50 years.

Im reading "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright just now. It covers the inception and the growth of radical Islam up to 9/11. Its fascinating stuff

(quite a heavy read) but the big thing you take from it is the utter stupidity, greed, criminality and culpability of just about every US regime in the last 50 years.

"Taliban" by Ahmed Rashid is another great book.

Only a Game
"Taliban" by Ahmed Rashid is another great book.

I'll maybe try that after Ive read Victoria Beckham's autobiography :)

I'll maybe try that after Ive read Victoria Beckham's autobiography :)

There are some similarities. For starters, I'd quite happily shoot the subject matter of each book.

I P Knightley

No need for the mass murder, Rat. This stuff'll take out the crop in hardly any time at all:

130_image.gif

It worked wonders on the brambles in my garden and they were persistent mo-fos, let me tell you.

And should it come in contact with the skin, there may be a slight irritation but it will can be avoided with a bit of soap and water.

Where does the other 7% come from?

How can a country with Nato troops all over it still produce all that smack? You would have thought that whichever country is doing the 7% would be taking the opportunity to increase their market share. They must need Dragons' Den ( drugs cartel version ) help.

Era Macaroons

The Gov should buy and release loads of super pure herion into the country for a month, hand it out to junkies free:dribble:

.......as much as they want:wacko:

......and let them all kill themselves:eek:, problem solved ...no demand left.

with spin off benefits of...

Crime problem resolved

Homeless problem solved

Council house shortages resolved

Benefits system relieved

Simple really.

The Gov should buy and release loads of super pure herion into the country for a month, hand it out to junkies free:dribble:

.......as much as they want:wacko:

......and let them all kill themselves:eek:, problem solved ...no demand left.

with spin off benefits of...

Crime problem resolved

Homeless problem solved

Council house shortages resolved

Benefits system relieved

Simple really.

Yes you are, aren't you? ;)

the voice from above

All you people moaning about afghanistan make me sick. I mean most of you probably haven't even tried heroin!!! It's brilliant, right up there with stella...

Look like they're branching out

nice stash

Slightly at odds at previous things I've heard indicating the Taliban were cutting drug production. Maybe they only stick to Class B and below? If they got a bit of rain, then maybe magic mushrooms next? They could have some great names of species - General's Hook, etc.

Anyhoo, speaking of branching out, perhaps there may be one positive effect of this global food crisis we keep hearing about - as it becomes more scarce, perhaps the price of wheat etc. will soar so high, these guys will have a more profitable crop than opium?

Could mean an end to these thieving junkies breaking into your home for cash for their next fix. In any case, they'd probably be put off by the queue of people breaking in to raid your fridge.

You have to wonder why finding a pile of hashish in a ditch is considered to be a massive drugs bust in a country where every available field appears to be used for opium poppys.

Who exactly is making money out of this, it obviously isn't just the drugs warlords.

200milesfromgorgie

OH DEAR OH DEAR using them same theory can we ban you from the board in as a means of stopping stupid fecking posts? thought not.

Pants Shaton

- Legalise heroin in the UK

- Provide free heroin to drug users who register

- Obtain said 'free heroin' from Afghanistan at minimal cost

Therefore:

- Removing the neccesity to rob houses / steal cars / enter prostitution (and all the other criminal activities which are actually the reason we don't like heroin) to fund their habit

- By providing pure heroin at reliable doses, reduce the costs of treating inadvertant overdoses and the medical complications of heroin injection, which are predominantly a result of injecting impurities.

- By registering, social services will know who these people are and will be able to provide appropriate support (special emphasis on family planning and child protection).

Legalising heroin would not cause otherwise normal people to take up the Leith lifestyle.

Legalising heroin would not increase the number of people dependent on the state.

Legalising heroin (which costs virtually nothing) would remove (or vastly diminish) the economic and criminal burden heroin addicts place upon the state.

It would collapse the black-market for drugs which makes vile people wealthy.

It would remove the moral hypocrisy of selectively permitting the legality of alcohol and tobacco; far more dangerous and, in the case of nicotine, addictive drugs.

Incidentally, the Taliban have no redeeming features. Their crack-down on opium production had everything to do with wresting power from warlords and enforcing their odious brand of religious oppression; nothing to do with benevolence.

Incidentally, the Taliban have no redeeming features. Their crack-down on opium production had everything to do with wresting power from warlords and enforcing their odious brand of religious oppression; nothing to do with benevolence.

Thats correct....also the US did deals with those war lords to help overthrow the Taliban and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that opium was part of the bargain.

joe kickass2
- Legalise heroin in the UK

- Provide free heroin to drug users who register

- Obtain said 'free heroin' from Afghanistan at minimal cost

Therefore:

- Removing the neccesity to rob houses / steal cars / enter prostitution (and all the other criminal activities which are actually the reason we don't like heroin) to fund their habit

- By providing pure heroin at reliable doses, reduce the costs of treating inadvertant overdoses and the medical complications of heroin injection, which are predominantly a result of injecting impurities.

- By registering, social services will know who these people are and will be able to provide appropriate support (special emphasis on family planning and child protection).

Legalising heroin would not cause otherwise normal people to take up the Leith lifestyle.

Legalising heroin would not increase the number of people dependent on the state.

Legalising heroin (which costs virtually nothing) would remove (or vastly diminish) the economic and criminal burden heroin addicts place upon the state.

It would collapse the black-market for drugs which makes vile people wealthy.

It would remove the moral hypocrisy of selectively permitting the legality of alcohol and tobacco; far more dangerous and, in the case of nicotine, addictive drugs.

Been tried already. With Methadone it has created a massive financial millstone around our necks.

Maybe Mao had the right idea, the communists round up the dealers and addicts then put a bullet through their heads. They were of no use to the revolution.

the warlords of afghanistan have basically taken back control of the country, and heroin production has gone up enormously since britain and america went in. basically, we don't give a toss about the smack, we just want to be sure we get oil without anyone interupting us.

out of curiosity, have you read anything about the situation anywhere...? like other than in the record...?

Pants Shaton
Been tried already. With Methadone it has created a massive financial millstone around our necks.

Maybe Mao had the right idea, the communists round up the dealers and addicts then put a bullet through their heads. They were of no use to the revolution.

It hasn't been tried already.

Methadone is not heroin. It is a substitute which is prescribed in a controlled manner to allow addicts to withdraw.

If it was as 'good' as heroin why would anyone inject themselves?

Heroin is also cheaper than methadone.

Frankly anyone who draws inspiration from Mao Zedong, even in jest, is in greater need of help than any drug addict.

Archived