Turgutreis, Bodrum

G.Wright

I was looking up holidays for next year and stumbled upon some cracking deals in Turkey, in supposed 5 star hotels.

Has anyone been to the town or Bodrum recently? Obvisouly I know why holidays are cheaper than normal in Turkey at present but the hotel has cracking reviews and the price is very good. Normally when things seem too good to be true they are so thought I'd see if anyone has any knowledge of the place.

Went a couple of years ago to Turgutreis. Went all inclusive so didn't see much of the town itself. It's a fishing town I think.

Hotel was really good too. Decent food and drink. Couldn't fault it.

blondejamtart

Turgutries is quite a nice little place - in fact, the Bodrum peninsula as a whole is lovely with loads of nice little villages to visit and it's very easy and cheap to get around by dolmus. Bodrum itself is big and bustling, but there's quite a bit to see and do - great castle and museum and you can also visit what's left of one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus - not much left of it, to be honest, but at least you can say you've been there! You can also get the ferry across to Kos from Bodrum.

Bodrum is beautiful and loads to do and its the gateway to Greece. Other places I would say as good are Foca (Fotcha) Dalyan and Cesme.

Archived