iTunes Help

Freebird

Getting a new PC in a couple of days, was wondering if anyone knew the most hassle-free way of getting my iTunes library from my old PC to the new one. There's gotta be some way to do it that doesn't involve starting with a blank iTunes library and ripping all my CD's to my iPod again!

Cheers for any help.

I've got an external hard-drive you're welcome to borrow, mate. If you just move everything from iTunes onto it and move them onto the new PC that should work.

I'll no doubt be corrected by an expert soon, though.

use an external drive or burn your mp3s to dvd.

But will the new PC be able to connect with my iPod if I do it that way?

I've got an external hard-drive you're welcome to borrow, mate. If you just move everything from iTunes onto it and move them onto the new PC that should work.

I'll no doubt be corrected by an expert soon, though.

Cheers for the offer mate, may take you up on that. I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it that way 'cause I thought Apple had this whole 'iPod's can only be synced to one PC' thing going on.

Rick Grimes
But will the new PC be able to connect with my iPod if I do it that way?

aye, just copy across the entire My Music folder, including the itunes library file. if the worst comes to the worst you might have to resync the ipod & itunes, but that takes little time.

Cheers for the offer mate, may take you up on that. I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it that way 'cause I thought Apple had this whole 'iPod's can only be synced to one PC' thing going on.

Well jam tartan seems to know what he's talking about and i'm sure the worst case scenario would be a resync. Give me a text tomorrow or something; I should be free all day.

Craig-Section Z

Copy the all the songs and the library file (think its the library file)......

Close itunes on new pc and go into the new location (make sure this is the same folder directory as on old pc) and delete the library file thats there then add all your songs and library file from old pc to the new location (again make sure this is same directory as on old pc), now open itunes and it will say its rebuilding the library and it should be fine........should even keep play lists and play counts etc

Once you master that try doing it from PC to Mac, its more of a challange.

if your not bothered about keeping song data, play lists etc then just copy and paste from one to the other, u dont need to bother about the library file.

Terrible Trio

buy one at PC world, do all your transfers, wipe it, then take it back and say you had to return your MP3 player so don't need it anyore - you'll get your cash back

Griclesfield

just connecting your ipod wont work it will actually wipe ur songs if u have auto sync.

so its best to get an external drive, transfer over the itunes library folder and then connect to new pc.....

easiest and quickest way

Archived