What do you do when you are wronged?

Smack

I tend to seethe a bit, then make nice, no matter whose fault.

Obviously there are degrees of wronged. I think I've only ever been 7 out of 10 wronged. Even then I just seethed. And then made nice. After a bit of time.

Interesting subject. It's rare that we have completely original threads but this is a first that I've seen this.

I'm a titanic over-reactor. Not in a dramatic way but more in my own head. It's very hard to forgive as i take things very personally.

I can easily get on with the person again but I'll never forget what they did.

I'm not a shouter or arguer but rather I'll say what i have to and then get away.

Was prone to extreme temper and aggression when i was young but I've put that behind me and not been in a physical confrontation for years thankfully.

I suppose it depends on how wronged. I had a friend go apeshit on me when I hadn't done anything wrong. He ended up spitting in my face. There was alcohol involved but I personally don't accept that as an excuse. It took about a year (he's stubborn) but he finally wrote to me (yes an actual letter in the 21st century). He apologised, he admitted he had done wrong. It took a long time but we're friends again. I suppose the friendship will always be different than it was before but I'm glad he got in touch and we put it behind us.

Had a pal of 25 years run off with my ex bird that I had been seeing for two years...he really did me over.

I had lots of revenge ideas that would have really ****ed him over but never put anything in action and time has done the rest.

2 years down the line.

Alls not good there now, not allowed on xbox as she can't handle being ignored, problems with a 14 yr old stepdaughter that hates him, at his wits end, he will have a stroke soon :lol: whereas six months later, I found a girl who was an improvement in every way.

Time, usually the best revenge in that situation and when you have done nothing then the 'karma' as some call it is satisfying.

Had a pal of 25 years run off with my ex bird that I had been seeing for two years...he really did me over.

I had lots of revenge ideas that would have really ****ed him over but never put anything in action and time has done the rest.

2 years down the line.

Alls not good there now, not allowed on xbox as she can't handle being ignored, problems with a 14 yr old stepdaughter that hates him, at his wits end, he will have a stroke soon :lol: whereas six months later, I found a girl who was an improvement in every way.

Time, usually the best revenge in that situation and when you have done nothing then the 'karma' as some call it is satisfying.

Jeez, what a dick your mate turned out to be. Did they actually run off somewhere?

Jeez, what a dick your mate turned out to be. Did they actually run off somewhere?

No, her kids refused to move, so they are stuck, he could never handle his girlfriends kids in the past, and now dealing with a 14yr old girl who hates him.

Knowing him so long, it's going to be torture after the thrill wore off, just pity I can't be there to chuckle :lol:

Fitzroy Pointon

2 years down the line.

Alls not good there now, not allowed on xbox as she can't handle being ignored, problems with a 14 yr old stepdaughter that hates him, at his wits end, he will have a stroke soon [emoji38] whereas six months later, I found a girl who was an improvement in every way.

Must feel good how that situation played out. Like you said, these things tend to even themselves out over time [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Must feel good how that situation played out. Like you said, these things tend to even themselves out over time [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is m8, I'm glad I didn't retaliate and let nature take its course.

Just annoying that he wasted all those years friendship for the thrill of jumping on a female that is 'A no go area'.

The situation I have now, is so much better, that to get to where I am now I would go through it all again, and it was a pretty low point...actually quite lucky I had our Championship season that took my mind off it :lol:

I never forgive anyone who wrongs me.

There are two people in the world I really dislike and one I can't stand (hate is too strong a word). I formed these opinions within the first few moments of seeing/speaking with them.

It's never changed.

Post about it on the seethe thread instead of facing the issue.

I am pretty much unforgiving. I have had incidents in life where I have had what I thought were friends let me down. I basically had a policy of its o.k. but it will never happen again, and never gave my trust again. When much younger, I may react more stringently, but now, and crap does happen even in old age, it doesn't bother me so much I just get on with my life and mark another one down to experience and take them off my now in deficit christmas card list

Kipling said it all

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, 
    Or being lied about, don?t deal in lies, 
Or being hated, don?t give way to hating, 
    And yet don?t look too good, nor talk too wise: 

Kipling said it all

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, 

Or being lied about, don?t deal in lies, 

Or being hated, don?t give way to hating, 

And yet don?t look too good, nor talk too wise:

Exceedingly good cakes, though.

Had a "mate" steal my rent money and I didn't even know about it until he'd moved to a nowhere place in England. Thing is he'd left most of his stuff behind. Computer, TV, clothes. I gave his computer and TV away and watched another mate he'd wronged cut up all his clothes with a Stanley knife. I found a crumpled up cheque written out to the estate agents for the full monthly rent so I ironed it and paid it in on the day I knew he got paid. I'm a stubborn ******* and I'll exact revenge in a logical way. I don't forgive folk like that.

I shared a house with another mate a few years later and he stopped talking to me when I started seeing one of his female friends. He stopped talking to her as well. It got so arkward I ended up moving out and over ten years on I still don't consider him as a mate. I don't call him, don't text him, don't go for a beer with him. He doesn't get in touch with me either. Him and my wife communicate, and I tolerate him and actually get on quite well with him when we're pushed into mutual social occasions. I don't care much for him though, he killed our friendship with weird behaviour and I don't have a place for 'friends' like that in my life.

John Findlay

I never forgive anyone who wrongs me.

There are two people in the world I really dislike and one I can't stand (hate is too strong a word). I formed these opinions within the first few moments of seeing/speaking with them.

It's never changed.

That will be your in laws then :-)

Only been properly wronged once, at work. Long story cut short. Boss picked the wrong favourites at my expense. Favourites let him down badly. He turned to me. I handed him my phone and car keys and walked. He couldn't manage. I knew he wouldn't be able to. 6 weeks later I was back.....as the boss.

Basically you wait. The chance to correct a wrong will come...... eventually

That will be your in laws then :-)

You're not that far off the mark there John actually. One of them is my brother-in-law!

John Findlay aka Mr Insightful :wink:

I had a mate do the dirty on me when I was 19 or 20, I sorted other out straight away, I nutted him needing 8 stitches on his nose. I don't feel guilty as he really wronged me. A year later,I was led to believe another mate done the dirty on me, and he ended up in A+E. A week later I heard the truth, someone else was shit stirring, he was jealous of how close a friendship we had. I done a little of grovelling, we are now, after 25 years, good mates again.

Since then, I have learnt to not react when I'm wronged. At some point in their life, the person who wronged you will suddenly realised what they done, and their conscious will sort out the payback.

I give people 1 chance if they've done something to me they shouldn't have. Generally talk it out with em once me rage has subsided. If they re-offend they're gone from my life. Lost a couple of "friends" but have always been better off without em. Both times they tried like bears to get me to forgive em but life is way too short.

You're not that far off the mark there John actually. One of them is my brother-in-law!

John Findlay aka Mr Insightful :wink:

Down Under

Was going to start a thread on a similar vein. More a let down thread. I'm 29 now and seem to be let down by people all the time. Not to the extent of folk above. Eg folk met at a pub for a birthday drink, kind of surprise, but I got held up and they had all left before I got there! (10pm!). Took it pretty badly but people just don't seem to make the effort!

Was going to start a thread on a similar vein. More a let down thread. I'm 29 now and seem to be let down by people all the time. Not to the extent of folk above. Eg folk met at a pub for a birthday drink, kind of surprise, but I got held up and they had all left before I got there! (10pm!). Took it pretty badly but people just don't seem to make the effort!

No offence, but that seems more like you let them down if you arrived so late.

I wouldn't expect others to wait around for me for hours if I was going to be hours after the arranged time, if that's what happened of course.

It does sound like you let them down and not vice versa.

It depends on how late you were though. If someone got in touch and said they were running late I'd wait or I'd wait maybe 30 mins with no contact but if you were an hour late then I wouldn't blame them for leaving.

No offence, but that seems more like you let them down if you arrived so late.

I wouldn't expect others to wait around for me for hours if I was going to be hours after the arranged time, if that's what happened of course.

They never told me. It was a low level surprise party. When I found out I was having dinner with my mum in Edinburgh so wrapped it up early and raced back to Glasgow. They'd all left knowing I was rushing across.

But your uncertainty kind of adds to my point. They felt they'd waited over an hour for me and had work the next day so left. My point of view would be there would be no way in hell I'd go home when the whole point was to see the person who's birthday it was and to leave would be a massive slap in the face.

They never told me. It was a low level surprise party. When I found out I was having dinner with my mum in Edinburgh so wrapped it up early and raced back to Glasgow. They'd all left knowing I was rushing across.

But your uncertainty kind of adds to my point. They felt they'd waited over an hour for me and had work the next day so left. My point of view would be there would be no way in hell I'd go home when the whole point was to see the person who's birthday it was and to leave would be a massive slap in the face.

To clarify, this surprise gathering was for your birthday? Is that right?

Yeah. The missus and a mate had made that plan but I said I'd go through and see the old folks. Was a bit of a shambles.

Your Mrs is to blame for bad planning.

Correct. I'd end the relationship.

I had told her I was doing nothing but yeah I suppose she wronged me too. I'll go tell her.

In most cases of 'severe' wronging, i'd agree that sometimes just waiting for things to pan out is the best course of action. Karma will often do the job for you without you needing to even get your hands dirty.

Away from that though, I think this might be a 'getting old' thing, but these days I find its the most trivial 'wrongings' which annoy me the most........ folk say they'll do something, then subsequently don't. You text folk asking them something....... they don't bother replying. You go out of your way for folk........ they couldn't care less, all those kinda things.

Small, mostly trivial things which really aren't the end of the world - but these are the things which I find most irritating now.

I had told her I was doing nothing but yeah I suppose she wronged me too. I'll go tell her.

I'd just text her. She doesn't deserve the courtesy of you dumping her in person.

In most cases of 'severe' wronging, i'd agree that sometimes just waiting for things to pan out is the best course of action. Karma will often do the job for you without you needing to even get your hands dirty.

Away from that though, I think this might be a 'getting old' thing, but these days I find its the most trivial 'wrongings' which annoy me the most........ folk say they'll do something, then subsequently don't. You text folk asking them something....... they don't bother replying. You go out of your way for folk........ they couldn't care less, all those kinda things.

Small, mostly trivial things which really aren't the end of the world - but these are the things which I find most irritating now.

Funny that. The big stuff, when you get older, you can take on the chin in a 'seen it all before' sort of way and almost be cool about it, little stuff like turning up 15 minutes late for a tee off time, really gets on your tits and has you seething!!!!

Yup! Cant even come up with an explanation as to why it is that way - nice to know its not just me though ha!

No, her kids refused to move, so they are stuck, he could never handle his girlfriends kids in the past, and now dealing with a 14yr old girl who hates him.

Knowing him so long, it's going to be torture after the thrill wore off, just pity I can't be there to chuckle :lol:

mod delete

mod delete

:lol:

Oh dear....Call it Karma, and enjoying it. Nothing bitter or beaten about that.

Silly fud shouldn't have done me over, loving it.

Oh dear....Call it Karma, and enjoying it. Nothing bitter or beaten about that.

Silly fud shouldn't have done me over, loving it.

Is she the one that Winded you?.

No. Ex wife did that :lol:

Christ, you're a right unlucky bugger. Where do you go for a night oot, Arkham?

Harley is taken :D

Christ, you're a right unlucky bugger. Where do you go for a night oot, Arkham?

Harley is taken :D

In later life have had not much luck with Women (after about the age of 30 they all turned mental).

Girl I'm with now is great, why I'm pretty happy, but don't tempt fate..if she comes in tomorrow and says 'I've booked us on Jeremy Kyle' I'm blaming you.. :lol:

In later life have had not much luck with Women (after about the age of 30 they all turned mental).

Girl I'm with now is great, why I'm pretty happy, but don't tempt fate..if she comes in tomorrow and says 'I've booked us on Jeremy Kyle' I'm blaming you.. :lol:

:rofl:

I know nothing.

I'm all for second chances, so the 2m can relax. I'm not coming for you.

Yet!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Archived