Torquay United

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Could only name one substitute for their match at Chester, the manager, who also acted as the team driver to get to the ground.

That's dedication for you

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/torquay-united-gulls-squad-down-to-14-as-bus-driver-nicholson-says-new-signings-must-cost-nothing/story-29784626-detail/story.html

Seymour M Hersh

If the rumours are true she has pulled a few trains in her time......allegedly of course.

Not convinced. She's a vegetarian so clearly does not like (the) beef.

Maroon Sailor

If the team bus is sponsored why drive a mini bus? Respect to him though.

Don't think you would get many managers willing to drive the team to the stadium for an away match half a hour along the road never mind the treck from Torquay to Chester and back.

To think Arsenal flew from London to Norwich last season as well.

Maroon Sailor

Not convinced. She's a vegetarian so clearly does not like (the) beef.

Not that keen on her

She used to go out with the darts player James Wade but ended up dumping him. He was gutted by it and hit him hard.

Then he gets himself sorted out, met his now wife but put on a few pounds.

She said on the show that she went out with him when he was buff - she got a bit of stick for that bitchy comment

Son Of Anarchy

Don't think you would get many managers willing to drive the team to the stadium for an away match half a hour along the road never mind the treck from Torquay to Chester and back.

To think Arsenal flew from London to Norwich last season as well.

Totally agree. Still wondering why have a sponsored bus and not use it? Its sponsored so paid for surely?

north wales jambo

Was at the game today, I also follow Chester. Fair play to Torquay they looked the better side for most parts, they only had 3 subs, one being the manager who came on for 20 mins.. over 100 fans also made the journey up. Sad to see another lower league side in this financial position, it's why I detest the English premier league so much. Coming up this saturday for Dundee match though,much to the disgust of my pals who are off to southport to see Chester in fa cup action. For my boys there is only 1 team to follow and that is hearts.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Was at the game today, I also follow Chester. Fair play to Torquay they looked the better side for most parts, they only had 3 subs, one being the manager who came on for 20 mins.. over 100 fans also made the journey up. Sad to see another lower league side in this financial position, it's why I detest the English premier league so much. Coming up this saturday for Dundee match though,much to the disgust of my pals who are off to southport to see Chester in fa cup action. For my boys there is only 1 team to follow and that is hearts.

Gonna piss off and support someone else.

Cheers.

The wife's uncle follows Torquay as its his local team but he's a born and bred Edinburgh Jambo.

Maybe this should be in the St Mirren thread for Smiler and Noddy?

I could never understand how back in the day every time the classified results came in Torquay always had a later kick off that every other game in the U.K.

The wife's uncle follows Torquay as its his local team but he's a born and bred Edinburgh Jambo.

Aye, because it's the exact same scenario.

Maroon Sailor

3 subs ?

Only the manager was named as a sub on the BBC website

Oh yeah they're completely comparable right enough.

Pretty sure you're not meant to mention forum members on a thread unless they've posted on that thread.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Gonna piss off and support someone else.

Cheers.

Blootered post.

Cannie believe I was even able to type that never mind still being around at that time.

Apologies if any offence caused.

:rofl:

Blootered post.

Cannie believe I was even able to type that never mind still being around at that time.

Apologies if any offence caused.

:rofl:

FairPlay, thought you may have been rat arsed.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

FairPlay, thought you may have been rat arsed.

Steaming, went to Wembley to watch Malta.

?15.60 for 3 pints. Needed a few gallons to get over the shock.

Archived