UKIP leader resigns

systemx

luckyBatistuta

Some hand over post-25326-0-82780700-1475613426_thumb.jpeg

Supposedly didn't feel comfortable in the position after being spat on at a train station.

Trapper John McIntyre

Wonder if Nigel has caught wind of a potential general election.

Couldn't see James winning much in the north. Steven Wolff or the man himself might be a better bet for them.

UKIP no longer serve a purpose.

They are a single issue party who just scored a victory on that single issue.

The Tories have moved further to the right in order to hoover up the 5million clowns who voted UKIP last may.

What are UKIP for?

zoltan socrates

The Tories have moved further to the right in order to hoover up the 5million clowns who voted UKIP last may.

What are UKIP for?

The western world has moved further right

What are UKIP for?

Anti-immigration policy, "traditional" values and extreme free market economics.

They're to the Tories right, but are popular if you see the number of votes cast for them nation wide. As with all movements in bsd economic times, they'll win the support of the poor, dispossessed, unemployed and left behind because they give them something to hate and blame their woes on.

Whilst not a right wing, xenophobic party, the SNP's blame of "Westminster" equally worked well in 2014 and on in Scotland's most deprived areas. Blame of others usually works to win votes. UKIPs purpose may have been to leave the EU but they're far from done yet.

Anti-immigration policy, "traditional" values and extreme free market economics.

They're to the Tories right, but are popular if you see the number of votes cast for them nation wide. As with all movements in bsd economic times, they'll win the support of the poor, dispossessed, unemployed and left behind because they give them something to hate and blame their woes on.

Whilst not a right wing, xenophobic party, the SNP's blame of "Westminster" equally worked well in 2014 and on in Scotland's most deprived areas. Blame of others usually works to win votes. UKIPs purpose may have been to leave the EU but they're far from done yet.

If the SNP ever got their way and Scotland became independent, I genuinepy don't know how they'd cope without having the "Westminster government" (as Salmond constantly repeats) to blame for all of Scotland's woes.

If the SNP ever got their way and Scotland became independent, I genuinepy don't know how they'd cope without having the "Westminster government" (as Salmond constantly repeats) to blame for all of Scotland's woes.

I think you're mixing up the SNP with your lot, blaming the tories worked a treat for decades, now its #SNPBAD thing.

The SNP won't be around after indy.So dry your bitter tears.

Rudi-Robertson

What are UKIP for?

Much like the SNP who are a single issue party who failed on that single issue

Also, the Tories will be going for the centre ground now. Labour and the Nationalists have left the goal gaping.

Also, the Tories will be going for the centre ground now. Labour and the Nationalists have left the goal gaping.

Except the "centre" is now to the right.

Space Mackerel

I think we obsess over left and right a bit too much, there are many former labour voters around the north of England who would never think of themselves as right wing but voted UKIP due to immigration concerns. These are the issues that May will try and focus on to hoover up voters.

Like plans to name and shame companies who employ foreign workers and Amber Judds plan to crack down on foreign students.

Welcome to Germany, 1935

I think we obsess over left and right a bit too much, there are many former labour voters around the north of England who would never think of themselves as right wing but voted UKIP due to immigration concerns. These are the issues that May will try and focus on to hoover up voters.

Perhaps, but regards immigration, it is merely a smokescreen imo.  The issue isn't people coming to the UK, it's about the tremendous underinvestment in public services, industry etc by successive governments over the last 40 years.

Immigration is a tool used by those to say "our country can't cope".  It could if it were funded properly, but the focus turns to the immigrants, rather than the real cause (imo).

May can say what she likes, but I would never trust a Tory to do anything remotely sensible with the public sector or infrastructure.  Can you see her nationalising the railways?  Of course not.  Her answer will be let the private sector deliver.  And that means worse services, higher prices, but more importantly, increased profits for the usual suspects.

Ibrahim Tall

Perhaps, but regards immigration, it is merely a smokescreen imo.  The issue isn't people coming to the UK, it's about the tremendous underinvestment in public services, industry etc by successive governments over the last 40 years.

Immigration is a tool used by those to say "our country can't cope".  It could if it were funded properly, but the focus turns to the immigrants, rather than the real cause (imo).

May can say what she likes, but I would never trust a Tory to do anything remotely sensible with the public sector or infrastructure.  Can you see her nationalising the railways?  Of course not.  Her answer will be let the private sector deliver.  And that means worse services, higher prices, but more importantly, increased profits for the usual suspects.

Debatable, I agree that chronic underinvestment north of London has massively exacerbated the situation but there's a fair number that just don't like 'foreigners' in general, even when they are 2nd or 3rd generation in the UK and building a new motorway, school or hospital won't change that.

Space Mackerel

Yes, that's exactly what its like................

Maybe the UK government will probably heed its own policy and disband The Gurkhas and the hundreds of Fijians at Redford Barracks?

Space Mackerel

I don't know while I feel the need to sound like I am defending the UK Gov here, but what policy is that?

0b6c970d8d836f946c55dac8e26af64f.png

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/05/amber-rudd-defends-proposal-to-make-firms-reveal-foreign-staff-numbers

You really couldn't make this up.

Continual underinvestment in education and yet business are supposed to employ "local" people.  But if these people don't have the skills, what then?  Surely any Government would see investment in education, training schemes etc as essential to create a workforce with the necessary attributes for the economy?

Just like Hunt's comments about Doctors the other day.  What planet are these creeps on?

Space Mackerel

Ok, that probably makes sense to you, but I am lost.

How can you be lost, the main narrative of this is all over the main newspapers?

The SNP won't be around after indy.So dry your bitter tears.

This little gem seems to have slipped though the net. Do you actually believe that if independence happens the SNP will disband the party, and ride off into the sunset proclaiming that their work is done?

Absolutely spot on. Tories stand for private enterprise,or to put it another way, keeping themselves and their 'big business mates in the standard of living they're accustomed too.

Space Mackerel

Newsthump:

Diane James, the recently elected leader of UKIP, has dramatically quit in horror after spending time with the sort of people who support UKIP.

?Christ, they?re awful,? said a shell-shocked and reeling Ms James.

?The things they say about black people, about homosexuals, their attitude to women ? one of them told me to put the kettle on and slapped my behind.?

?I always knew that the toughest part of this job would be dealing UKIP supporters, but I simply had no idea how bad it would be.?

?It was like living in a racist Carry On film.?

Ms James was elected leader of UKIP 18 days ago after previous leader Nigel Farage realised that he?d broken the country, stripped down to his pants and swam out into the English Channel, never to be seen again.

?Well, look, I?m a UKIP MEP, so naturally I?m only in this for the expense account and a nice flat in Brussels.?

?I just assumed that as leader I?d get a slightly nicer flat in London and a bigger expense account.?

?I simply had no idea that I?d have to spend so much time with people who think our foreign policy priorities should be war with France and sending various people back to various countries.?

Ms James would not be drawn on future plans.

?I?m sorry, but after spending 18 days with UKIP supporters the only plans I have are for a large drink and a long shower.?

Ibrahim Tall

This little gem seems to have slipped though the net. Do you actually believe that if independence happens the SNP will disband the party, and ride off into the sunset proclaiming that their work is done?

They won't disband but the party will fracture badly, it's being held together by the single 'point' of independence but there is massive differences in opinion between the likes of Sillars and Sturgeon on most other topics let alone the new 'younger' MP's or more recent joiners.

Post independence I'd imagine a decent percentage would pass back over to an independent Scottish Labour.

Newsthump:

Diane James, the recently elected leader of UKIP, has dramatically quit in horror after spending time with the sort of people who support UKIP.

?The things they say about black people, about homosexuals, their attitude to women ? one of them told me to put the kettle on and slapped my behind.?

?I always knew that the toughest part of this job would be dealing UKIP supporters, but I simply had no idea how bad it would be.?

Ms James was elected leader of UKIP 18 days ago after previous leader Nigel Farage realised that he?d broken the country, stripped down to his pants and swam out into the English Channel, never to be seen again.Brilliant !

?Well, look, I?m a UKIP MEP, so naturally I?m only in this for the expense account and a nice flat in Brussels.?

?I just assumed that as leader I?d get a slightly nicer flat in London and a bigger expense account.?

?I simply had no idea that I?d have to spend so much time with people who think our foreign policy priorities should be war with France and sending various people back to various countries.?

?I?m sorry, but after spending 18 days with UKIP supporters the only plans I have are for a large drink and a long shower.?

Newsthump:

Ms James was elected leader of UKIP 18 days ago after previous leader Nigel Farage realised that he?d broken the country, stripped down to his pants and swam out into the English Channel, never to be seen again. Brilliant !

They won't disband but the party will fracture badly, it's being held together by the single 'point' of independence but there is massive differences in opinion between the likes of Sillars and Sturgeon on most other topics let alone the new 'younger' MP's or more recent joiners.

Post independence I'd imagine a decent percentage would pass back over to an independent Scottish Labour.

There's too much bad blood there I think. I remember there was an article by leading SNP thinker and former SNP MSP who called on the SNP to continue on post independence as Scotland's centrist party which could trade and sway between left and right between Labour and Tory and be the natural party of government.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/andrew-wilson-transforming-snp-for-new-scotland-1-3148951

I think you'd find a lot of supportin the party as whole to become this National Party post-independence.

Space Mackerel

There's too much bad blood there I think. I remember there was an article by leading SNP thinker and former SNP MSP who called on the SNP to continue on post independence as Scotland's centrist party which could trade and sway between left and right between Labour and Tory and be the natural party of government.http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/andrew-wilson-transforming-snp-for-new-scotland-1-3148951

I think you'd find a lot of supportin the party as whole to become this National Party post-independence.

Well seeing as they are the only ones who advocate independence, then it's fair to assume they will lead Scotland afterwards and probably for a few years.

After all, who would want a disjointed fudge that's currently in Westminster where apart from Boris, Liam and Davies, no one has a single coercive plan about the way forward. Oh, apart from making jam and marmalade for the French.

Farage has declared himself Leader.

Turns out he never actually really left the job anyways, as he never signed the official resignation papers.

Fuhrer for life(?)

Space Mackerel

Turns out he never actually really left the job anyways, as he never signed the official resignation papers.

Fuhrer for life(?)

What an utter farce politics has become in this country. Full of lies, half truths and hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fuhrer for life(?)

It's more the case Dianne James never met the party's ruling NEC and never signed herself in as leader.

So C4 news has just said.

If only the PM wss on form to target this party as a farce and a fraud. Or Corbyn... who is awol atm.

It's more the case Dianne James never met the party's ruling NEC and never signed herself in as leader.

So C4 news has just said.

If only the PM wss on form to target this party as a farce and a fraud. Or Corbyn... who is awol atm.

PM's too busy enacting all of their policies

PM's too busy enacting all of their policies

Partly my point. UKIP wouldn't be an issue nationally if they didn't have 4 million votes. 4 million... beggars belief.

Partly my point. UKIP wouldn't be an issue nationally if they didn't have 4 million votes. 4 million... beggars belief.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people acting in large numbers

Never underestimate the stupidity of people acting in large numbers

Yep, look at the SNP voters.

In his statement, Mr Farage said: " I deeply regret that following an altercation that took place at a meeting of UKIP MEPs this morning that Steven Woolfe subsequently collapsed and was taken to hospital. His condition is serious."

In his statement, Mr Farage said: " I deeply regret that following an altercation that took place at a meeting of UKIP MEPs this morning that Steven Woolfe subsequently collapsed and was taken to hospital. His condition is serious."

He's meant to have fallen through a glass panel after being punched multiple times, a witness is quoted as "seeing him take off his jacket and invite the person outside".  He has suspected bleeding on the brain.

Mental :(

Lucky he's able to claim medical attention in other EU countries at the same rate as locals. 

Anyway no one should be assaulted for their political beliefs, especially by a colleague. 

Lucky he's able to claim medical attention in other EU countries at the same rate as locals. 

Reports are they were discussing him deflecting to the Tory party, it got heated and he invited somebody outside and removed his jacket, he was then hit with an implement, punched and fell through a glass panel/window.

Mike Hookem 'allegedly' involved - that's the Twittor reports.

3278768777.jpg?1443013921

Ironic surname. 

:wow: 

Pretty distasteful of ITV to publish that tbh.  

ITV just posted this:

article_update_img.jpg

Some fall by the looks of things.

Assuming the "falling through the glass window" part isn't the case as reported - falling from that height can only result in one outcome.

What a nick this country is in.

Space Mackerel

ITV just posted this:

article_update_img.jpg

Doubt thats a fall, just a pic taken from above. 

ITV just posted this:

article_update_img.jpg

Sky News saying that he hit his head on a metal stanchion after being punched (once) then seemed to be ok, went into the chamber, voted on something and then on his way out collapsed (photo).

Archived