Which Antivirus software

Tommy Brown

A couple of threads on viruses last week.

Best recommendations please, put AVG on just now(trial period) but things like Malwarebytes, spyware, why do I need the extra ones?

Its my Laddies PC in particular, he is getting to that age, if you know what I mean.

WeeToonJambo

I use Windows Defender.  It's free and I've been using it for years with no problems. I'd recommend adblock plus as well to prevent unwanted pop-ups.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

If you are with BT, they give you free anti virus which is from McAfee

if you windows 10 no need for additional av, just make sure you keep windows up to date and don't go on any dodgy sites

if you windows 10 no need for additional av, just make sure you keep windows up to date and don't go on any dodgy sites

It is W10. He has looked after it very well once Xmas. There was me thinking he didn't visit dodgy sites.

I viruses his w7 laptop with a pain in the arse internet hijacker, which is why I put on AVG.

Not worried about the laptop, more the PC.

I used to have Avast but got got fed up with all the pop ups to upgrade etc, so I switched to Bitdefender Free and switched on Windows Defender periodic scanning. (This doesn't conflict wit any other AV programme). Also have Winpatrol keeping an eye on things. 

Archived