Watt

Section Q

Brilliant to watch, and more of an end product yesterday. When the game opened up it really suited him

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry don't agree technically our best player but it's all about opinion, I do like him though

Out of interest, who's yours? Walker?

Strong on and off the ball , can run with ball and cause problems

He is a class above most in the SPL

The Real Maroonblood

sorry don't agree technically our best player but it's all about opinion, I do like him though

Djoum?

Bazzas right boot

Not too sure what people see, his first touch and close control are a level above, Walker and strangely Souttar are maybe close.

Even last night several times his first touch takes him away from a defender.

The first touch to flick it past the defender and spin past him in one movement is something you don't see in Scotland, he's then taken 2 defenders out with a right footed dummy before a third defender slid  in a blocked his shot that he hit with his left.

If Messi flicked the ball past someone like that it would be on Sky sports.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kitchen has incredible first touch but Watt is a distance ahead of anyone else for technical ability

Watt is our best player and last night was his best game, releasing the ball at the right time, and being applauded for it. 

Johnson played well when he came on, better than has been said on here, and I hope he gets a few starts now to see what he can do

A few points regarding Tony Watt. Firstly he is the most skilful player in the team.

Secondly he puts Nicholson and Walker to shame with his ball control, and lastly Sammon is just useless, and offers nothing up front.

julienbrellier

The guy is just a class act.  The way he combined with Djoum at times was breathtaking. Unfortunately I fear he is too good for this league and therefore we won't be able to get him on permanent deal.  Would love to be wrong though.  Let's try and get the lad signed.

Also he must be the unluckiest striker when it comes to scoring.  How often are his shots blocked in spectacular fashion or he hits the woodwork?  

maltese jambo

Shame we don't play at a faster pace and have a striker up front who is actually awake because he'd be even better.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

That wee flick round the defender 2nd half

:sweeet:

Agree 100%, although just watched the BBC highlights and they've chosen to cut it from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few points regarding Tony Watt. Firstly he is the most skilful player in the team.

Secondly he puts Nicholson and Walker to shame with his ball control, and lastly Sammon is just useless, and offers nothing up front.

A few points about Tony Watt...uses a third of his points to slag off Sammon. Bore off,there are other threads you could have a go at him on.

Nelly Terraces

Anyone think we should be playing him as a penalty box striker? I just think that he has thever movement & instinct to play the role - he can turn a man, and instead of doing this 25 yards from goal if he was doing it in the penalty area with only a shot to get away after doing so we'd see him scoring regularly.

I thought Johnson was decent when he came on. Far better than he's shown in the last few games. He seemed more direct and Watt fed off that too. I don't want to moan at Sammon but I just don't see anything good in him. He's like a bald Clum. Can't help but think that if we had a poacher like Zeefuik we'd be on our way.

We don't create the sort of chances a poacher type striker lives off.

alicante jambo

Tremendous

I don't care that he's not scoring (well I do)

His link up play has been nothing short of breathtaking.

Yeah I know he's a bit greedy (because he doesn't always get the option he needs)

His movement and link up play is as good as I've seen from a Hearts player since, well, ever. If we could get him on a long term contract and sort out his head we're looking at a several million pound player here.

I think the guy is special.

Well said its exactly how i feel

Thought he was really good last night. Now he is at full fitness his work rate throughout the whole 90 minutes is outstanding. Unlucky not to score but perversely it might be to our advantage if he doesn't score a barrow load of goals as it may help us keep him. His signing has been absolutely key so we really need to.

Why is it that fans think we will never get him ? He seams to enjoy playing for us and remember he wants back to Scotland.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Why is it that fans think we will never get him ? He seams to enjoy playing for us and remember he wants back to Scotland.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Because he is under contract to Charlton Athletic until the summer of 2018 and we probably couldn't afford the transfer fee required to buy him outright.

Thats why.

What if Charlton want him off their wage bill ?

It is not impossible that both clubs could come to an agreement.

Of course its not impossible.

maroonnicky63

Out of interest, who's yours? Walker?

Technically I would say Walker and Nicholson I think they are both a wee bit younger than Watt but who both have great potential. I do like Watt though but I feel he wonders into other players space and lies to deep , far to much distance between him and Sammon. Not knocking you though that's what football is , about opinions. Cheers

We_are_the_Hearts

Technically I would say Walker and Nicholson I think they are both a wee bit younger than Watt but who both have great potential. I do like Watt though but I feel he wonders into other players space and lies to deep , far to much distance between him and Sammon. Not knocking you though that's what football is , about opinions. Cheers

Walker is older than Watt

avhudtheteeshirt

That wee flick round the defender 2nd half

:sweeet:

Could not believe they never really talked about it after the game or showed it in the highlights?

Maybe they have seen better and thought it was run of the mill standard play?

Remember he played for an ugly, so can they be allowed to speak and show WATT they have lost!!!!

maroonnicky63

Walker is older than Watt

thought it was the other way round but if that's the case that's cool,still doesn't change my mind to be honest still think Walker is technically very good.

How boring are you?

Depends, some days I'm a great laugh and up for anything but other days I'm a bore and just want to lie on the couch.

Song is still shite though.

Depends, some days I'm a great laugh and up for anything but other days I'm a bore and just want to lie on the couch.

Song is still shite though.

Aren't we all.

That's nonsense though, gets the crowd going.

Tokyo Drifter

Technically our best player. Better movement from team mates up front would help. Only a suggestion but why not play him as main striker. Great result tonight but no goals from our strikers again.

Either needs a new strike partner - I'd go for Muirhead - or be allowed to go it alone up top, with Nicholson, Walker, Djoum and Cowie all feeding him. Midfield diamond, that's what we need.

Bartoline Saddletree

Flatters to deceive.

A clearly talented individual who should be producing more for Hearts.

I'm just waiting on his head dropping. History shows it's likely to happen.

Clerry Jambo

Flatters to deceive.

How do I answer this one.........

The lad has been miles in front of most of our players.

Playing with Sammon clearly isn't ideal

Yes, at times he needs to get his head up, but first name on team sheet for me

How do I answer this one.........

The lad has been miles in front of most of our players.

Playing with Sammon clearly isn't ideal

Yes, at times he needs to get his head up, but first name on team sheet for me

yip.

The poster you replied to is clearly another one of those Hearts supporters who can't see what they have or can't appreciate it until they've gone.

Ffs, Watt is clearly a fine footballer, certainly at Scottish Football level.

Watt is 22. He's played on the continent, been transferred for in excess of ?1 Million and played in the Champions League. Obviously his most notable moment coming in said tournament. His contract at Charlton is worth over ?5000 per week.

We're fortunate to have him. For as long or as little amount of time that will be?

Watt is 22. He's played on the continent, been transferred for in excess of ?1 Million and played in the Champions League. Obviously his most notable moment coming in said tournament. His contract at Charlton is worth over ?5000 per week.

We're fortunate to have him. For as long or as little amount of time that will be?

7 grand to be precise mate.

Souttar should be mentioned too. The boy has unbelievable natural ability.

Can anyone post a viddy of the turn he done last night? It was Bergkamp but better.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Bartoline Saddletree

yip.

The poster you replied to is clearly another one of those Hearts supporters who can't see what they have or can't appreciate it until they've gone.

Ffs, Watt is clearly a fine footballer, certainly at Scottish Football level.

Says Mr junior level football player.

Srz mate, nobody cares for your tired cliched opinions on the game.

Bore off.

Flatters to deceive.

Eh? He's been at the centre of our good start to the season - either creating chances for himself or dragging defenders and midfielders all over the place to open up space for others. The goals will come. We're lucky to have him.

Bore off.

lol...

Bore off.

meant to add....you really are a wee ****** eh?

:rofl:

Arfa

Fuchs

Ake

Watt

Zeefuik

Isco

Ings

Son

Watt is class, hopefully add a few goals to his game as well. Hope we can keep him beyond this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone post a viddy of the turn he done last night? It was Bergkamp but better.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

It was good but nowhere near as good as Bergkamps who followed it up with a half volley and a goal.

Bazzas right boot

Flatters to deceive.

Cheers guy, you are.

Could he play upfront himself ? a 4231 might suit him better? - We do have an abundance of strikers though, so maybe not the system we can realistically play.

Could he play upfront himself ? a 4231 might suit him better? - We do have an abundance of strikers though, so maybe not the system we can realistically play.

We are playing well and creating loads of chances. Goals will come for Watt and Sammon if we keep playing like this.

August Landmesser

Flatters to deceive.

'...Bartoline Saddletree had a considerable gift of words, which he mistook for eloquence...'

Watt needs to learn when to take a shot.

He's a cracking wee player, but always seems to try to do too much, and take an extra touch, or try and get round another player, when he could have played the ball earlier.

Edit - not that it's a bad thing, to me it comes across as him being a bit too enthusiastic, instead of being shite or greedy.

Bit of a risk when he is only on loan but we should build the team round him - I'd say he should be a 10, or at the top of a diamond.

Can we fit a good team around that?

Archived