Tyson Fury tests positive for cocaine

Say What Again

Well this is almost as surprising as Big Sam trying to do a bent deal, and Joey Barton being such a ***** that even one of the most vile organisations in football has banned him from their premises.

A Boy Named Crow

I get that in the boxing world there might be a...no, I don't, this is the least surprising thing since night followed day yesterday!

Why aren't boxers allowed to take recreational drugs in their spare time?

Against the law m8

Knock me down with a feather

This was obvious the last time he cancelled the fight and as usual the boxing world wanted to ignore it waiting until after his planned fight before a hearing when action should have been taken straight away.

Titles should be stripped, he should be banned for at least one year then he needs to get help and be tested regularly before he fights again

Shame.

I wanted to see him getting torn a new hole in the ring.

Now he gets to slink away with his cash and without being beaten to a pulp.

Fat waste of space, got lucky in a dancing competition, and has had his day in the sun. Embarrassing World Champion.

Fat waste of space, got lucky in a dancing competition, and has had his day in the sun. Embarrassing World Champion.

Not in the least bit surprising.

If he is to lose his belts though, I would prefer he lost it through a total hammering.

An arsehole of a man.

Daydream Believer

Does anyone actually give a shit about this.

Our politicians are cained out their minds half the time and suddenly it's a big deal when a boxer gets caught out?

kingantti1874

Why aren't boxers allowed to take recreational drugs in their spare time?

Because Nobody is allowed to take recreational drugs

kingantti1874

So is breaking the speed limit, but he wouldn't be stripped of titles for that

If you were caught using coke in a normal job you'd be sacked.. but wouldn't be sacked for speeding - so no different really

For sportsmen, who are supposed to inspire kids and set an example, I don't really think it's up for debate.

Unknown user

If you were caught using coke in a normal job you'd be sacked.. but wouldn't be sacked for speeding - so no different really

For sportsmen, who are supposed to inspire kids and set an example, I don't really think it's up for debate.

I don't know about your line of work but I don't know many people who would lose their job through coke.

It's definitely up for debate, I don't believe there's any suggestion he took it as a performance enhancer.

Having traces of it in your blood isn't illegal by the way, he won't be found guilty of any crime.

kingantti1874

I don't know about your line of work but I don't know many people who would lose their job through coke.

It's definitely up for debate, I don't believe there's any suggestion he took it as a performance enhancer.

Having traces of it in your blood isn't illegal by the way, he won't be found guilty of any crime.

He would have been guilty of buying and possessing it.. if you work in any form of professional services, you be in deep shit if you got caught

Unknown user

He would have been guilty of buying and possessing it.. if you work in any form of professional services, you be in deep shit if you got caught

Not necessarily, there's no way to prove how it entered his system, that's why it's not a crime.

But that aside, it's stupid. There are places you can go in europe where you're committing no crime. If someone goes to Portugal for a week, smokes a joint, commits no crime, should he be stripped of titles?

Not necessarily, there's no way to prove how it entered his system, that's why it's not a crime.

But that aside, it's stupid. There are places you can go in europe where you're committing no crime. If someone goes to Portugal for a week, smokes a joint, commits no crime, should he be stripped of titles?

If he was breaching his sport's rules, then possibly.

Unknown user

If he was breaching his sport's rules, then possibly.

Which goes back to the question of why it's against the rules of boxing when it's not a performance enhancer.

Boxers don't get stripped of titles for every crime, so why this one?

And why, when it could have been legal recreational use in another country and no crime been committed?

Charlie is Illegal and it seems Fury quite liked a line or two

He got caught so he has to take the consequences

Think there's  more to come out about this clown which will drown him hopefully... he's just a bad egg that thinks he can do what he wants

Charlie comes out your system rather quickly i think that why some take the chance

Weed on the other hand lingers for an age and I canny see that enhancing your performance either

"how's it not alright for professional athletes to take whatever drugs they want?"

:cornette:

Who's saying that?

Stephen Muddie

Thought he was on smack. Slowest boxer I've ever seen. 

:laugh:

Rich person in cocaine shock :yawn:

Shite boxer? :rofl:

Say what you want about Fury but he beat Klitchsko with ease to become the best heavyweight in the world. Sad that mental illness has become a subject of ridicule.

All just deflection to avoid another Klitchko fight.

Soon as he has to fight another real heavyweight in their prime he'll get brutalised.

All just deflection to avoid another Klitchko fight.

Soon as he has to fight another real heavyweight in their prime he'll get brutalised.

As much as Fury is an idiot you have to laugh at this kind of nonsense. Makes it sound as if there are other heavyweights out there that have have proved themselves at a higher level than he has.

I agree in sentiment

But how many arsewipes use depression when caught out for being just shit people

Depression can unfortunately turn the most Decent person into incredibly unpleasant.

If he is genuinely depressed which tbh his recent behavior would suggest then I wish all the best in his recovery. He has went from being the the heavyweight champion and the highest point of career to almost throwing all away.

Archived