TITP Car Park

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Last year i juts got the usaul bus from edinburgh there and back. But this year me and a few mates are due to go on holiday to Turkey the monday nite after it. Needing to be at Glasgow Airport for around 6 pm leaving the Campsiteon the early bus is an option but having to go back to Peebles wash up and get back to Glasgow is a bit of bother.

Whats the deal with car park tickets. Was thinking buy one of these. Take it easy (ish) on sunday nite and drive early doors home. Heard the car park is miles from the gates? Would you recomend gettinga locker for car keys? Would be a tad unhappy to loose the keys in a huge field.

I done it last year.

Get there early and you can park pretty close.

We got there about 9.30ish and were about a 5 min (10 mins with all our stuff) walk from the entrance.

You could also just get your stuff dropped off at the main drop off point. You stay with the stuff and your mate parks the car.

It's definetly a good idea taking the car.

I imagine that you'll have two sets of car keys. You keep one, your mate keeps another - you're unlikely to lose both.

Sexton Hardcastle

aye, but surley titp people would have access to it or you could kick feck out of it?

And i see they are saying they are getting strict with the buses this year. You can only get on the bus that departs at the time you ticket states. Didnt they say this last year toh and nothing ever came of it ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Nah just the one key. Only bought the car the other week of a mate. But thats reminded me to ask him if there is a spare for it. I take it you just follow the same route as the buses for the car park and you get directed to a spot? Makes sense to get 4 folk in a car than spend 20 quid each on the bus.

Sooperstar

I went up in a car last year. Big mistake. It took us at least 2 hours to walk to the campsite with all our stuff and what a horrible walk it was. Was about 45 mins to an hour to walk back when all we had was our rucksacks on the Monday morning. I'm never going up in a car again.

I know Toggie has said that if you get there early then you can get close but what you have to remember is that the campsite is open on Thursday this year so those guys have a headstart on you. Also a lot more people will be going early after the nightmare that loads of folk had getting up last year, sitting in 10 hours of traffic etc.

My advice would be to get the bus but if you do go for the car park then remember you need to buy in advance this year.

Rawrrrrrrr

We have got a car park ticket, whats the story about accessing it over the weekend, is it a case of once your in the arena you cant return to the car until your leaving or can you leave items in the car (drink, clothes , food etc) and return to the car to collect them as you wish?

Sooperstar
We have got a car park ticket, whats the story about accessing it over the weekend, is it a case of once your in the arena you cant return to the car until your leaving or can you leave items in the car (drink, clothes , food etc) and return to the car to collect them as you wish?

You can go back as you please although you can't leave or get into the campsite between certain hours. 2 am and 7 am or something.

Archived