Motherwell Pubs

Rods

Changed days then, used to be a pub for Motherwell's livelier patrons a few years back.

I always get the low level from Central Station to Airbles so it suits me. I've been going in there for over 20 years and never had any bother.

mulleted_jambo

Anyone know if jack Daniels is allowing away fans this time ?

I'd be very surprised if it didn't. Hide your colours going in just in case and you'll have no problem.

chester copperpot

What time is everyone heading to said pubs tmrw night. Now not got my daughters swim meet on Sat so I am making a day of it as finish a meeting at Coatbridge at 12 then am aff!

Son Of Anarchy

What time is everyone heading to said pubs tmrw night. Now not got my daughters swim meet on Sat so I am making a day of it as finish a meeting at Coatbridge at 12 then am aff!

Head to the beer festival first?

chester copperpot

Yeh ditto tbh :)

I am just taking up my bosses kind offer of a freebie ticket, as didnt want to go to hospitality on my own so am sitting with all the other claret and amber dicks in the main stand.

Promised to be on my best behaviour but not sure if thats possible after 10 pints ;)

Son Of Anarchy

I am just taking up my bosses kind offer of a freebie ticket, as didnt want to go to hospitality on my own so am sitting with all the other claret and amber dicks in the main stand.

Promised to be on my best behaviour but not sure if thats possible after 10 pints ;)

Just have 9 then, **** em ;) Edited by Son Of Anarchy

chester copperpot

Just have 9 then, **** em ;)

Im lucky to have 6 or 7 pints now. Tbh I am an arsehole at the football sober so alcohol makes zero difference to this scenario.

Head to the beer festival first?

Gies a text if you go to the beer festival. I'll be the poncy handsome philistine drinking only lager. :)

Son Of Anarchy

Gies a text if you go to the beer festival. I'll be the poncy handsome philistine drinking only lager. :)

Not a chance I'm going anywhere your allowed into ;)

There's a World Buffet right on the corner of as you turn onto Airbles Rd,2 mins walk from the ground,it's usually busy at the weekend but fairly decent grub.

chester copperpot

There's a World Buffet right on the corner of as you turn onto Airbles Rd,2 mins walk from the ground,it's usually busy at the weekend but fairly decent grub.

Was there on saturday for the lads birthday. Was pretty good and decent choices for what is a buffet

Not doubting you but I was in the horseshoe 3 weeks ago for a swifty are you sure your not thinking about the point next door being shut?

It was definitely open when I passed it on Saturday too.

Was there on saturday for the lads birthday. Was pretty good and decent choices for what is a buffet

Reasonably priced too CC,only got their drinks license 3/4 months ago so that's why it's probably so busy now.

As for the Horseshoe Bar,it's definitely open.

Anyway. Anybody in any of the boozers yet?

Heading off in a bit once I drop the car off at Monklands

Just arrived in the Newcentury Bar and busy just now.

• 1 year later...
portobellojambo1
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 19:26, chester copperpot said:

Dalzell bowling club :)

The bowling club hasn't allowed away fans in for two/three seasons now. When the Fir Park club shut down, the one down the side street behind their main stand, most of the members moved from there to the bowling club. They no longer have space for visiting fans on match days. EDIT - Just seen the post above, it seems the Fir Park club could be an option to some now, or alternatively a lot of the original members may have moved back meaning the bowling club will welcome additional customers in the form of away fans.

We're going somewhere else, but the idea isn't to broadcast it, the last thing you want to do is tell anyone or everyone where you are going as it makes it much more difficult to actually get to the bar for booze. NOT A GOOD DAY AT WORK - Just realised this thread stretched back to two years ago and I was replying to something originally added in 2016.

Edited by portobellojambo1