Great Comebacks...

Gerd Muller

Gerd Muller

Hearts 4 vs 4 Hibs & Hibs 1 vs 2 Hearts (Stamp!)

Link

I remember being at both games, behind the goal at Easter road for Stamp's winning ranks up there for the best goal celebration by fans and player. How he got red carded is a farce.

Pants Shaton
Hearts 4 vs 4 Hibs & Hibs 1 vs 2 Hearts (Stamp!)

Link

I remember being at both games, behind the goal at Easter road for Stamp's winning ranks up there for the best goal celebration by fans and player. How he got red carded is a farce.

Watching those games reminds you how good it can be to be a Hearts supporter.

It seems like a long time since we've seen that passion.

The Old Tolbooth

I still cant work out how we managed to lose 4 goals to that mob that day, they were only in our half 4 times and scored every time ffs!

We had enough chances to hit double figures, however it was funny when they were chanting happy new year to us when they somehow went 4-2 up, and we chanted happy new Weir back to them at 4-4 :D

If ever there was an argument for not leaving a game till the final whistle, that day was the proof in the pudding.

Utterly amazing feeling

Phil Stamp's goal is probably one of my favourite Hearts goals ever. Still gives me the shivers. That's what it means to win a derby. I remember turning down a ticket to that game and watching it in my dressing gown on the BBC instead. So wish I'd been there.

maroonlegions

was behind the hobo dugout at the 4-4 game with my brother, he wanted to leave at 4-3 and i was going to but something said to me just stay, was looking at the ref all the time , just waiting for him to blow the whistle, then MD takes the ball to the by-line and crosses ,i just made out Weir"s body movement as he struck the ball , watched the hobo keeper dive and the next thing the ball hits the back of the net, well cue bedlam and utter joy as we danced about like maniacs , fecking magic feeling , i glanced up to the hobo support and most of their chins had hit the floor, never forget that game :107years:, happy new weir it was.;):107years:

This one time someone slagged me for being short, so I was like "shut it ya dick".

Great, great comeback.

Archived