Tommy Wright: Hearts are divers........

Clerry Jambo

Don't like Wright and don't like St Johnstone. Every time we play them, one of their players, and now Wright, make comments about us to influence refs.

On the field, they're a niggly, nasty side that play the refs and try and get our players sent off. Just slightly more subtle than Hamilton. Really hope we beat them this time

he should be pulled for this.

Like Scott Brown was? The GFA abdicated any responsibility for this sort of thing with their inaction on Brown

And his team are a bunch of talentless cloggers, a team that up until a couple of years ago offered nothing to Scottish football.

Like Scott Brown was? The GFA abdicated any responsibility for this sort of thing with their inaction on Brown

Correct. Players and managers are now free to say what they want about the opposition.

Yes I agree but we as a club should have made a complaint about Browns comment yet we never!!

We should this time though or it will keep happening!!

From a manager with the snivelling, diving, wee ginger prick that is liam craig in his team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The irony is that these types of snidey comments are just as much of an attempt to gain an advantage as his so-called maximising of a situation.

Wright, you're a cheat. St.Johnstone have got a talking shite culture,

JeanLouisValois84

He's just trying to keep their 7 season ticket holders happy.

We really have had our fair share of abuse this season, I put it down to jealousy.

Good point from Robbie - we go from a big, physical team of cloggers one week to a bunch of diving fairies the next. I hope we ram it up the farmers tomorrow.

Well, that's a bit snide. Or a lot snide. I remember when St Johnstone were just kind of inoffensive. [emoji52]

This snivelling before/after matches is a really unappealing trait.

Pre-match mind games.

Moments like this i miss Paulo...he'd hand Tommy his arse before the match.

A desperate arsehole, getting his excuses in before the maroon boaby hurts him this weekend. :jj:

I think Wright is a good manager and, up until recently, I thought he always came across well. However, this article showed him to be a slavering idiot doing everything he can to gain an advantage and the way he was almost squaring up to Paterson in the LC against them in August showed him up to a total shitebag.

Good point from Robbie - we go from a big, physical team of cloggers one week to a bunch of diving fairies the next. I hope we ram it up the farmers tomorrow.

Robbie has been (justifiably in some cases) criticised for some of his comments in recent times, but lately he's been spot on defending his players and the club.

Players notice and appreciate that sort of support from their manager and makes them prepared to give that wee bit extra

gorgie rd eh11

In three home league games this season i've seen Dembele dive for Celtic, an Inverness player booked for diving and Imrie diving for Hamilton.

Robbie needs to start highlighting these incidents.

Scott Brown is to blame for all of this. The SFA/SPFL compounded it by not punishing Brown for his comments. ****ing hate our football authorities, cowardly incompetent pricks who are detrimental to our national sport.

As for Tommy Wright, he now joins the despicable ranks of mediocre football managers in Scotland who are prepared to jump on an untrue bandwagon to try and influence referees in to making decisions which benefit their team to the detriment of HMFC. Peter Houston was one of the absolute worst for it while at Dundee United, always played the physical/big/direct card when facing Hearts. See also Jimmy Calderwood, John Hughes, John Collins etc... etc... etc...

Terrible way to act towards a fellow professional in your industry, and I'm pretty confident Neilson would not stoop to such levels. I hope we use this as motivation.

Bazzas right boot

Mind games, part and parcel.

However, we seem to be getting publicly criticised allot. Surely this can't be allowed.

Hope we "win" a last minute penalty and score it.

Only 5 games in and the reaction because we are second is ridiculous.the media up here are poisonous.

Scott brown going unpunished has allowed this to spiral, time to put a lid on it.

Pre-match mind games.

Moments like this i miss Paulo...he'd hand Tommy his arse before the match.

A desperate arsehole, getting his excuses in before the maroon boaby hurts him this weekend. :jj:

Yes and probably get beat. Paulo played the mind games perfectly in the run up to the cup final but let's not forget his pretty average/poor league record. Hopefully Robbie will let the team do the talking on the park rather than get involved in this nonsense.

He's done ok Tommy at St Js over the piece but he's been a bit of a clown here.

In having a go he appears to have let it slip that his defenders are under instructions to play a certain way.

I think his players will constantly be in two minds in this game and won't be able to play their natural game as much as a result.

Think this has kind of backfired.

If I was Robbie I'd be saying to Watt, Jamie and Sam - run at these guys all day....

Scottish players have been diving since I started watching football in the late 70s.

This is nothing new.

Accusing any teams of being 'cheats' or 'divers' should lead to an automatic 'bringing the game in to disrepute charge'

And if from a player, suspension from the SPFA and a manager, from the Managers Association, if we have one in Scotland.

As a quick edit how much was it we were fined because of Vlad?  ?100k.

Ok I know accusing a game of being corrpupt is serious, but so are accusations of 'cheating' within the game.  These things can be worded in a certain way.  But as Brown said, 'you are a cheat' is direct and should face sanction.

We now had 2 serious comments from Rangers, Brown and now Wright where charges should have been brought.

Rangers have had 3 but they have been cute with their latest one, because they get Club 1872 to make the comments that everyone knows will be reviewed and agreed by Rangers officials.

The CO is not fit for purpose.

Hope we **** this lot tomorrow, our record against this diddy lot with no fans is absolutely shite, long overdue getting pumped by us and if perry Kitchen can do a bit of damage to Liam Craig and Danny Swanson then so be it.

Who gives a **** what the farming chookter pricks think. Hopefully they get done on and off the park tmrw

I don't think I've ever ever heard a Hearts fan looking for St Johnstone to "get done, off the park". It's tragic reading.

I suspect that the journalist involved has manipulated the interview to suit the 'Hearts are Divers' story they want to push. For all we know Wright said that we are a team that runs at defenders. Defenders then over commit and make penalties more likely. He doesn't want his defenders to over commit.

Journalists want to sell papers. What headline creates more interest - "Hearts are Divers" or "My team needs to slightly adapt their playing style for tomorrow's game".

The Scott Brown comments were completely different. He made them on TV where they couldn't be manipulated.

The Daily Record also has a hugely positive opinion piece about Hearts today. Basically saying we've been branded as physical and then divers. Loads of haters because we didn't get the same treatment as Rangers (although they don't acknowledge that our situation was vastly different to theirs) and that we are the only team so far who's actually doing the business on the pitch in the league.

18Jambo_dave74

Imagine coming out with that rubbish when you have the likes of Liam Craig and Danny Swanson in your team. :lol: 

Too often we go to these kind of grounds and don't really turn up, often we don't seem to 'go for it' till we're a goal behind.

This should be on the dressing room wall to get the players (and crowd) fired up from the first minute. I'd settle for a last minute winner followed by the entire team running and doing a Klinsmann celebration in front of the home dugout.

Archived