Spyware Remover

neave

Inadvertently gave Spyware access to my computer tonight and I've got this blatantly fake 'Windows Scanning System' now apparently attached to my toolbar. Pretty annoying and quite worrying given the fact I buy a lot of stuff online and a lot of my details may saved there.

It keeps trying to install something every 5 minutes, which I just cancel.

My anti-virus software hasn't detected it, so does anyone have a link for a good, free Spyware scan and remove type....thing?

Cheers.

Sheriff Fatman

Adaware, spybot, or use Windows Defender.

I use all three as none of them pick up absolutely everything.

Gerd Muller

I cant get Spybot to install on my PC. It says something along the lines of trying to connect to a website on the installation then an error message appears.

Gerd Muller

Also, I cant seem to download Google Pack. It has some decent software but it never works on my PC!!

cosanostra

This is incredibly annoying when it happens but it is usually pretty easy to fix.

Just get the name of the toolbar software and google something like "spyware toolbar name removal".

There are hundreds of technical help and anti-virus/spyware forums online and someone else will always have had the same problem.

The solutions are usually another software that you download onto your desktop, you then restart your PC into safe mode and follow the software instructions. It can take a bit of time but you should be able to get back to normal without any problem.

I hope the stroke movie you were downloading was worth it ;).

I cant get Spybot to install on my PC. It says something along the lines of trying to connect to a website on the installation then an error message appears.

Make sure your firewall is set to allow spybot access to the internet.

Gerd Muller
Make sure your firewall is set to allow spybot access to the internet.

No messages appears from the Firewall about Spybot, also went and had a look and it seems like my firewall allows Spybot but cant install it.

I was advised by 2 different people (one an IT engineer and the other a pc guru) to download AVG 8.0. It's free and worked a treat. It removed 9 spyware and 56 infections. I've only had a few pop-ups in the last month since doing it.

Use this link and select the download at the bottom of the first column:

http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

Inadvertently gave Spyware access to my computer tonight and I've got this blatantly fake 'Windows Scanning System' now apparently attached to my toolbar. Pretty annoying and quite worrying given the fact I buy a lot of stuff online and a lot of my details may saved there.

It keeps trying to install something every 5 minutes, which I just cancel.

My anti-virus software hasn't detected it, so does anyone have a link for a good, free Spyware scan and remove type....thing?

Cheers.

Forget CC/CrapCleaner or whatever it's called now - I use it but I still have a problem with a Trojan (PS PSYME) which sounds very like your problem. CC will clean the registry etc bit won't do what you need.

I've run Spybot Search & Destroy which identifies I've got the PS PSYME virus/trojan but can't get rid of it - neither can McAfee.

Try and persist with Spybot S&D - when you get it to run make a note of the infections that cannot be removed and then do a Google search on them individually.

PS I have AVG and it isn't fixing the problem either.

This is incredibly annoying when it happens but it is usually pretty easy to fix.

Just get the name of the toolbar software and google something like "spyware toolbar name removal".

There are hundreds of technical help and anti-virus/spyware forums online and someone else will always have had the same problem.

The solutions are usually another software that you download onto your desktop, you then restart your PC into safe mode and follow the software instructions. It can take a bit of time but you should be able to get back to normal without any problem.

I hope the stroke movie you were downloading was worth it ;).

I was showing the burd 2 Girls 1 Cup as she had never seen it before. Classy, I know.

HappyJambo

Someone on bleepingcomputer.com will be able to help if you detail your problem on their forum

I was showing the burd 2 Girls 1 Cup as she had never seen it before. Classy, I know.

:1092::boak:

I thought your burd was in Poland? :confused:

;)

Did you get it sorted?

I think so. Downloaded Spybot and it appears to have removed the thing from my taskbar, but whenever I open Internet Explorer (I use Firefox 99% of the time) it still tries to start downloading something. So I've just stopped using IE altogether.

Anyone think this is a bad idea? As I already stated I buy quite a lot online and don't quite fancy any sort of Spyware on my system when giving out details like that.

Archived