Summer Jobs

Cal_

Home from uni so essentially got 3 months to kill so thought i better get a job.

Anybody got any ideas for summer jobs available?

chester copperpot
Home from uni so essentially got 3 months to kill so thought i better get a job.

Try getting something outdoors. I got stuck in the council tax office one summer in between uni years and hated it.

I'd try something like working in a garden centre or a fruit picking job.

Try getting something outdoors. I got stuck in the council tax office one summer in between uni years and hated it.

Yeah you're right, want something like that or something where i can see the Euro's.

Can you come round and cook my tea?

As long as you like spagetti bolgnaise or pizza, sure!

?20 - No extras

chester copperpot
Yeah you're right, want something like that or something where i can see the Euro's.

As long as you like spagetti bolgnaise or pizza, sure!

?20 - No extras

If that's your main concern over the summer, most decent (I iused the term lightly) call centre's show the games on designated screens.

coppercrutch

Do you know where abouts they have that in Scotland ? I know about strawberries and all but are there others ? I think I am out of work in a few weeks and I fancy a little outdoor work too.

I have experience in the industry. :eek:

Rawrrrrrrr
Do you know where abouts they have that in Scotland ? I know about strawberries and all but are there others ? I think I am out of work in a few weeks and I fancy a little outdoor work too.

Theres a wee farm out at dalmeny who do the fruit picking, claiming in the paper you can earn upto ?100 a day ( East Cragie Farm)

As for the OP's post, I would suggest unless you can find something related to your degree/career don't bother

Once you graduate you will be working for the next 45 years

Enjoy the student lazy lifestyle whilst you can unless its got long term benefit

Tbh if I was you I would prefer my lazy summer to FT work

Look for a small PT job to finance your boozing and spend the rest of the time in the garden watching the euros

chester copperpot

I think you're joking, but I'll try indulge your fantasy anyway. Sure there's a few strawberry picking jobs down Dalkeith way. Also saw one last summer advertised on the road down the A1, before you hit Tranent. Could be wrong though.

coppercrutch
I think you're joking, but I'll try indulge your fantasy anyway. Sure there's a few strawberry picking jobs down Dalkeith way. Also saw one last summer advertised on the road down the A1, before you hit Tranent. Could be wrong though.

Nah being serious !! I did see that thing Prancer was referring to about ?100 per day but I reckon you would have to be **** hot. Bored in offices. A few months break would be nice. Maybe.

In my time I have thinned Mandarins, picked Peppers, Picked Mandarins, picked Persimmons, thinned Kiwis, picked corn (Feckin hard work:eek:) and picked Kiwis. Amongst others !!

chester copperpot
Nah being serious !! I did see that thing Prancer was referring to about ?100 per day but I reckon you would have to be **** hot. Bored in offices. A few months break would be nice. Maybe.

In my time I have thinned Mandarins, picked Peppers, Picked Mandarins, picked Persimmons, thinned Kiwis, picked corn (Feckin hard work:eek:) and picked Kiwis. Amongst others !!

I heard that Si once picked a Thai to take up the wrong 'un?

Allegedly. ;)

coppercrutch
I heard that Si once picked a Thai to take up the wrong 'un?

Allegedly. ;)

No allegedly about it. :eek:

Ray Winstone

Gumtree.com has plenty of summer jobs on offer.

Make sure you go to the Edinburgh classifieds.

Stewart MacD

Write to a guy called Vlad. He's got a job on offer: no qualifications needed, and 3 months is the max period of employment.

Adi Dassler
Write to a guy called Vlad. He's got a job on offer: no qualifications needed, and 3 months is the max period of employment.

If you are female, between the ages of 20-25, have good breasts/tidy erse and study law, there is a good chance you will be starting in my work any day now.

God bless the summer.

Miller Jambo 60

watch the agencies mate shat pay and hours and worse than working for vlad.

Miller Jambo 60
If you are female, between the ages of 20-25, have good breasts/tidy erse and study law, there is a good chance you will be starting in my work any day now.

God bless the summer.

perv MA HA we are gorgie

Rawrrrrrrr
watch the agencies mate shat pay and hours and worse than working for vlad.

Yet you have the cheek to moan about being unemployed

thats exactly the problem in this country, too many people who won't accept a job unless its easy or big money and would rather moan about being unemployed etc

I am going to stick my neck out and say you are a better goalie that Eddie Kurskis. Get over to Kaunas and take his job.

Archived