Fifa should introduce a wage cap.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Football has become a farce. Man city are going to be the next team to be throwing cash away and start paying players crazy money. Rumer has it that Rondaldinho has been offerd a staggering 200k per week to go to Man city. I also heard real have offrd C ronaldo 350k per week to go to them! Who really needs all that money?

People go on about how managers such as Ferguson, Mourino, Wenger are such wonderful managers. But when you have money like chelsea and Man u how hard can it really be?

I think people like Craig levin and Mark MgGee havea much tougher job. They have to work with a shoe string budget.

Its about time Fifa stepped in and set a limit on how much teams can spend on player and give each team, depending on which league and division your in, to have a salery cap. Then we will see how talented these managers are. Then we will have much more interesting leagues.

I'm sorry but no.

Supply and demand and all that jazz.

It would be illegal and redundant.

If you were to adopt that, why stop there? Should we not create a wagecap for investment bankers and hedgefund managers?

If people are willing to pay it, let them pay it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I'm sorry but no.

Supply and demand and all that jazz.

It would be illegal and redundant.

If you were to adopt that, why stop there? Should we not create a wagecap for investment bankers and hedgefund managers?

If people are willing to pay it, let them pay it.

Exactly, if im better at my job than others performing a similar role i want more cash. If another employer wants me to move to them they have to make it worth my while.

They make so much money for the club its not a problem for them.

I think it would be more palatable if players wages were quoted as a yearly fee rather than a weekly figure. For example Ronaldinho would be quoted at around ?10m a year. Still outrageous but can be more easily digested as being similiar to not signing another player. In weekly terms it sounds insane.

Football has become a farce. Man city are going to be the next team to be throwing cash away and start paying players crazy money. Rumer has it that Rondaldinho has been offerd a staggering 200k per week to go to Man city. I also heard real have offrd C ronaldo 350k per week to go to them! Who really needs all that money?

People go on about how managers such as Ferguson, Mourino, Wenger are such wonderful managers. But when you have money like chelsea and Man u how hard can it really be?

I think people like Craig levin and Mark MgGee havea much tougher job. They have to work with a shoe string budget.

Its about time Fifa stepped in and set a limit on how much teams can spend on player and give each team, depending on which league and division your in, to have a salery cap. Then we will see how talented these managers are. Then we will have much more interesting leagues.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong but before we proceed in the debate -

"Would you like a cap in your job?" and I'm not talking about the amount but the principle.

Archived