Vladimir Romanov Years - The Defining Moments

Adi Dassler

The Old Tolbooth

The man was so barmy that he was a genius with it at times. Don't get me wrong, he hadn't the foggiest how to run a football club, but there were a lot of positives to come from his tenure, and the big one for me is the fact that if he didn't pitch up at Tynecastle for his 7/8 year stint, then we'd be dead and buried long ago as the pieman only looked after his own self interests (it still riles me that this parasite is allowed inside Tynie).

The day that Burley was sacked was a shocker, driving to the Dunfermline game in a state of sheer shock, and not remembering any of the journey.

For all his shortcomings however, the fact of the matter is that he's left behind a higher number of fans, and a legacy that most of us will look back on and think, he was a crazy old fool at times, but he was our crazy old fool!

He was bang on about the game in Scotland being corrupt (and still very much is), and they even changed their rules so that they could punish him and try to shut him up, nothing has changed in that respect!

I'd love to see him back doing the half time draw, can you imagine? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fort Vallance

The EGM where Fedatovas opened with "Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park"......seconds before the sale of Tynecastle was quashed by shareholders.

That's the one.

We_are_the_Hearts

Looking back it's amazing some of the shit they got away with because as a fanbase we were scared of what was going to happen. Football fans are definitely gullible. 

IMO the biggest recent two defining moments have been -

Vlad stating we are staying at Tynecastle

and

Budge stating we are staying at Tynecastle.

Looking back it's amazing some of the shit they got away with because as a fanbase we were scared of what was going to happen. Football fans are definitely gullible. 

TBH I don't think "gullible" is the right word - after a few months we all knew Vlad was a chancer, we all knew that the rescue share issue was decidedly dodgy, but we still put in our cash with our eyes open solely due to our commitment and love for our Club.

When the Burley news broke on Sky Sports News ... I had just arrived at the gym and was on the running machine standing untangling my headphones when it came up ... I left straight away with the Mrs and sat in front of the TV while on the phone to my dad and various mates.  

Total Diana/JFK moment for Hearts fans.

Not really football related, but the 2008 crash is a real pivotal/defining moment for us. It didn't really seem like it at the time, as it took a while for it all to trickle down and Vlad's bank to go. BUT, if that hadn't happened, when would have Vlad's reign stopped? 

Lets not forget, the man for all his faults, did plow a lot of his own cash into the club and got nothing back for it in the end. Had the crash not happened, he might have been content continuing that process... 

Not really football related, but the 2008 crash is a real pivotal/defining moment for us. It didn't really seem like it at the time, as it took a while for it all to trickle down and Vlad's bank to go. BUT, if that hadn't happened, when would have Vlad's reign stopped? 

Lets not forget, the man for all his faults, did plow a lot of his own cash into the club and got nothing back for it in the end. Had the crash not happened, he might have been content continuing that process... 

Do you have figures for how much of 'his own cash' he plowed in ? His own personal cash, not funds from Ubig or Ukio Bankas that is ?

Do you have figures for how much of 'his own cash' he plowed in ? His own personal cash, not funds from Ubig or Ukio Bankas that is ?

As you are aware nobody on JKB can possibly know the answer to that.

Goldstone Wonder

I seem to have missed the episode about him Bednar nearly coming to blows. What happened there?

We_are_the_Hearts

Cracking left hook from Vlad :lol:

Would have been funnier if Bednar had lost and kicked the shit out of him  :2thumbsup:

The pre-season friendly versus Middlesborough.  Free entry, Tynecastle had been given a bit of a facelift, well, the Main Stand looked in better nick, all the players we'd never seen before, Bednar, Pospisil etc and then Schemmel at right back whom we never signed, even though he looked alright!

Pumping Hibs 4-1 in the first derby of the season, Rudi's retort to them.

Burley sacking

Rix appointed

And that's just the first few weeks!

portobellojambo1

The above would be easy to just laugh at because it is so wrong but presumably the person that posted it actually believes it is true. Did the collapse of Lehman Brothers impact on and cause the collapse of UKIO, best people to ask, the Lithuanian agencies who submitted the request to Russia to have access to the man. Does anyone genuinely believe they would have bothered doing so if everything was down to failure to deal with happenings in the USA and nothing underhand had gone on.

As for money that actually came out of his own pocket, i.e. money which he personally invested in HMFC, I would and have no hesitation in saying I believe the exact amount to be ?0.00, unless he paid for his seat on the bus which took him from Edinburgh to Livingston for the away fixture and in that case I apologise. I do believe money was coming from Lithuania but those contributing the money wouldn't have had a Scooby do who HMFC were. Again, if he had been doing everything above board would the Lithuanians have wanted to talk to him, even allege criminal activity. If he knew he was squeaky clean he would have stood up and discussed things with them to clear himself rather than crawled off to the only country he knew would prevent him being sent back.

I can understand why people might have doubts about goings on because nothing has been reported in the last number of months in the Evening News. It can create a status which suggests there is nothing to view here, if you look at it from that angle.

Just the simple fact that he came along when he did.  Robinson had us heading for the abyss.  We were about to sell Tynecastle to clear our debts.  The thought of us playinmg at Murrayfield in front of a sparse crowd continuing to lose money with no remaining fixed assets was awful.  Vlad saved the club at that point.  What came after was a rollercoaster.  But had we sold Tynecastle there would have been no way back.  

Goldstone Wonder

Cracking left hook from Vlad :lol:

This completely passed me by at the time. Have no recollection of it happening.

This completely passed me by at the time. Have no recollection of it happening.

Love to have seen Elvis punch his lights out!!

:davebp:

Jam Tarts 1874

The above would be easy to just laugh at because it is so wrong but presumably the person that posted it actually believes it is true. Did the collapse of Lehman Brothers impact on and cause the collapse of UKIO, best people to ask, the Lithuanian agencies who submitted the request to Russia to have access to the man. Does anyone genuinely believe they would have bothered doing so if everything was down to failure to deal with happenings in the USA and nothing underhand had gone on.

As for money that actually came out of his own pocket, i.e. money which he personally invested in HMFC, I would and have no hesitation in saying I believe the exact amount to be ?0.00, unless he paid for his seat on the bus which took him from Edinburgh to Livingston for the away fixture and in that case I apologise. I do believe money was coming from Lithuania but those contributing the money wouldn't have had a Scooby do who HMFC were. Again, if he had been doing everything above board would the Lithuanians have wanted to talk to him, even allege criminal activity. If he knew he was squeaky clean he would have stood up and discussed things with them to clear himself rather than crawled off to the only country he knew would prevent him being sent back.

I can understand why people might have doubts about goings on because nothing has been reported in the last number of months in the Evening News. It can create a status which suggests there is nothing to view here, if you look at it from that angle.

The accounts at the time showed an ex-gratia payment of ?2m, which effectively paid off our overdraft with the Bank of Scotland.

Alternatively, if the Lithuanian Government bailed them out like the UK did, what would have happened to us?

Or if the UK Governmt did not bail our banks out, what would have happened to everyone else?

The guy was a complete egomaniac no doubt about that but he did save us from leaving gorgie and I am grateful for that

There were some great times but overall guy was a complete tool he really could have made us win a league or 2

Bartoline Saddletree

People calling him all the names under the sun do realise that it could be argued only someone of an unsound mind would have bought us when he did, yes?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

People calling him all the names under the sun do realise that it could be argued only someone of an unsound mind would have bought us when he did, yes?

Exactly. Our previous custodian had hardly built up a great proposition - "I owe a fortune on a crazy media deal gone bad, my idea is to sell the only asset we now have left but even then we will still have debt as I blew a couple of million on Petric and Fitzroy Simpson. I've fallen out with the guy I jointly own the club with, alienated all the fans, wrecked most of the corporate relationships. But don't worry I've appointed Tommy McLean as manager"

Archived