Top the League

marooned

Just keep winning and the league position will take care of itself. It's a loooong time before we play a game I think we are unlikely to win, I'm loathe to say unwinnable (Parkhead on Jan 28th), so just keep plugging away. I know we won't win them all but all are winnable between now and then...

Bazzas right boot

Don't think I've ever looked at a league table until about 9 or 10 games in. I doubt the players will either.

Yip, and we'll be at least second by then.

Let's not just dismiss our opponents on Saturday either . It will be a tough game against a team that will try to kick us off the park. We need to be up for it and not just think we can turn up and win like Rangers did first game of the season and drew. A quick start and early goal would be great same as Inverness game.

Let's not just dismiss our opponents on Saturday either . It will be a tough game against a team that will try to kick us off the park. We need to be up for it and not just think we can turn up and win like Rangers did first game of the season and drew. A quick start and early goal would be great same as Inverness game.

Nightmare scenario is if they get an early goal. They'll shut up shop and kick us off the park.

highlandjambo3

I believe selic are in for a banana skin..............honest i do................they will destroy rangers over the season but, not this weekend

I'd be amazed if Celtic don't beat The Rangers by a few goals. Yeah Rangers will be up for it but unlike last season I think this Celtic team are alot stronger, with a better manager and a real goalthreat. Rogic behind Sinclair and Griffthis will be far too much for Rangers slow defence. It could be a rout in all honesty.

Rangers next 3 games are Celtic away, County at home and Aberdeen away. I'd be surprisef if they managed more than 3 points and then they play us pretty soon after.

As for ourselves we've played imo the best two sides in the league. We matched Celtic and were unlucky not to get a point and were probably the better side against the Sheep. We now have alot of winnable fixtures which could see us open up a few points gap between us and the rest. We won't be top though I don't think, I can't see past Celtic, infact I don't see anyone other than us and Aberdeen at their and our best even taking points off them.

I'm not being self defeatist in anyway but this season for us is a battle for second place and hopefully the Scottish cup.

Celtic will batter Rangers on Saturday. I fancied Rangers in the Scottish cup tie last season but Celtic are in full flow now whereas they look dreadful, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's 4 or 5, they can't defend.

Celtic will batter Rangers on Saturday. I fancied Rangers in the Scottish cup tie last season but Celtic are in full flow now whereas they look dreadful, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's 4 or 5, they can't defend.

This!

letsalldothebeattie

As nice as it would be to end the weekend top of the table I think the Tims will absolutely destroy Sevco at lunchtime. Griffiths will have a field day playing against that defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone thought Celtic would destroy Rangers in that last cup game. On paper they should be winning comfortably but it doesn't always work out like that.

I'd be looking at Celtic -1 (6/4 with bet365) big time. Re the comparisons with the cup game last year. Rangers were flying last season, they aren't now and celtic are much better. So unfortunately we won't be top of the league this weekend. 

Thought Police

Everyone thought Celtic would destroy Rangers in that last cup game. On paper they should be winning comfortably but it doesn't always work out like that.

I don't think everyone did. You could see Celtic were struggling and Rangers could smell blood

Yip, I think they will pump rangers.

fabienleclerq

Different looking celtic team now, delia just chucked 11 players out.

Jambo, Goodbye

Predicting derbys aren't always straight forward. Celtic are favorites but I'm really hopeful for a draw.

I'd be looking at Celtic -1 (6/4 with bet365) big time. Re the comparisons with the cup game last year. Rangers were flying last season, they aren't now and celtic are much better. So unfortunately we won't be top of the league this weekend. 

17/10 at coral.

Incidentally, I strongly fancy 6 homes this weekend so will be going for it.... all on the handicap (-1) too!  Paddy power offers best odds on four of them so will be going with that, combined odds of.....more than 5000 to 1 :) worth a quid

Hamilton have been an alright team this season just been unlucky with some results. They will gvie us a good game.

Son Of Anarchy

17/10 at coral.

Incidentally, I strongly fancy 6 homes this weekend so will be going for it.... all on the handicap (-1) too! Paddy power offers best odds on four of them so will be going with that, combined odds of.....more than 5000 to 1 :) worth a quid

Just 6 home wins (on its own) is 50/1 Hills. Worth ?1 too

17/10 at coral.

Incidentally, I strongly fancy 6 homes this weekend so will be going for it.... all on the handicap (-1) too! Paddy power offers best odds on four of them so will be going with that, combined odds of.....more than 5000 to 1 :) worth a quid

Not the worst bet. I've changed Partick to an Asian though.

Accies will be difficult we always seem to get a man sent off against them is that dirty little barsteward (can't mind his name) who should have been sent off last season against us still playing for them

Derbies rarely go to plan and Rangers will be more than up for it.

Underdogs can sometimes win such as Hibs beating us in the cup game last year but being rank the rest of the time.

Celtic will destroy Sevco

Hope so. Nothing more pleasing than seeing Huns suffering. Unfortunately Sellick need to win for that to happen but it is a necessary evil.

A comfortable win for Sellick imo, with possibly the plod going into the dressing room at halftime to ask them not to score anymore.

A full scale riot and abandonment would also see us go top with a win :thumbsup:

If Celtic score early it could honestly be a blood bath, 6 or 7. We want a Celtic victory in the grand scheme of things. Anything that keeps Rangers down the better. In the long run, Rangers fans won't back a club playing catch up to Celtic. Them losing and being humiliated by Celtic will push them further and further to a 2nd death.

A_A wehatethehibs

Not predicting a whitewash but am predicting a Celtic victory in this one. Rangers haven't played any of the top 3 sides yet and have looked poor, no clean sheet so far. They will compete but will be on the back foot for the duration of the game. As mentioned, Celtic are in full flow and have the better quality players by a distance in all 11 positions, better bench, and better manager. Draw is the best outcome for Hearts so as usual let's hope for a brutal one with some long term injuries and suspensions for both teams

Just 6 home wins (on its own) is 50/1 Hills. Worth ?1 too

Aye, I will do a 25p heinz, a 25p acca (on handicap) and prob 4folds and up on homes, another 22 bets @25p for a grand total of ?20 :)

Edit:  Will have to back a quid on each of the accas, I'd be raging otherwise, and of course, if one team let you down get the money back (free bet)

Son Of Anarchy

Aye, I will do a 25p heinz, a 25p acca (on handicap) and prob 4folds and up on homes, another 22 bets @25p for a grand total of ?20 :)

Edit: Will have to back a quid on each of the accas, I'd be raging otherwise, and of course, if one team let you down get the money back (free bet)

Jebus man,how many bets? :lol: I just do a ?1 6 fold then greet that I could have had a McDonald's cheeseburger ;)

Aye three points won't be easy for us but I'm beginning to feel a bit more confident. Hope the break doesn't interrupt the wee bit momentum we built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as we win, I couldn't give a toss what happens in the bigot fest.

Even if we lose or draw, I still couldn't give a toss.

Bazzas right boot

At Parkhead as well. comparisons with cup game last year are lazy and not a reflection of the teams now.

The only thing is, Rangers will sit in and counter, different to what they try and do most weeks, so it might suit them if it stays tight, if they go a goal down early and need to chase they are in trouble, just like any other SPL side that goes there.

We'll be 2nd and I think stay 2nd for a while, and end up 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I've ever looked at a league table until about 9 or 10 games in. I doubt the players will either.

He?ll no doubt enjoy it even more if Hearts are league leaders by 5pm this evening. ?One hundred per cent, it?s an incentive,? said the striker. ?We knew that going into the game on Saturday that there was an opportunity for us with the Old Firm playing before us and we knew that one of the teams was going to drop points. That left an opportunity for us to move up the league table.

?We are second just now which is a really good start to the season and it?s a great opportunity to go and lay down another marker by going one step better and moving into the top position. We know it will be difficult going up to St Johnstone, having played them in the League Cup not so long ago and getting beat by them. That?s a great motivation for us to go there, try to reverse that result and get the three points to really keep this run of form going and maintain that winning mentality.? (Conor Sammon 17.09.16)

He?ll no doubt enjoy it even more if Hearts are league leaders by 5pm this evening. ?One hundred per cent, it?s an incentive,? said the striker. ?We knew that going into the game on Saturday that there was an opportunity for us with the Old Firm playing before us and we knew that one of the teams was going to drop points. That left an opportunity for us to move up the league table.

?We are second just now which is a really good start to the season and it?s a great opportunity to go and lay down another marker by going one step better and moving into the top position. We know it will be difficult going up to St Johnstone, having played them in the League Cup not so long ago and getting beat by them. That?s a great motivation for us to go there, try to reverse that result and get the three points to really keep this run of form going and maintain that winning mentality.? (Conor Sammon 17.09.16)

But Connor Sammon hasn't looked at the league table. He has a rather singular analytically photographic brain which need only scan the results in the Sunday Sport (his tabloid of choice) for a few seconds each week and he knows every team's points, position and goal difference. You can quiz him on over 60 leagues throughout world soccer and the squad regularly do.

Also his hold up play is excellent but he needs to think less infront of goal.

By contrast, Tony Watt can only count to 20 with his socks off. Which the squad also regularly ask him to do just for his own morale.

So stop trying to be naughty with your bumps, Mothster!

But Connor Sammon hasn't looked at the league table. He has a rather singular analytically photographic brain which need only scan the results in the Sunday Sport (his tabloid of choice) for a few seconds each week and he knows every team's points, position and goal difference. You can quiz him on over 60 leagues throughout world soccer and the squad regularly do.

Also his hold up play is excellent but he needs to think less infront of goal.

By contrast, Tony Watt can only count to 20 with his socks off. Which the squad also regularly ask him to do just for his own morale.

So stop trying to be naughty with your bumps, Mothster!

Just read the article today and it reminded me of this conversation from before the Hamilton match. It's also very relevant as we can go top again today. Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread. :)

Archived