Tony Watt called up to Scotland squad

Thought Police

loveofthegame

To replace Leigh Griffiths. Good stuff. Makes life all the more difficult keeping him but I don't see much chance of that beyond this season in any event.

Smoked-Glass

hope he can ease through what hopefully is a poor Malta defence on Sunday.

If scotland don't win this game then we can forget the whole thing this campaign. 

Bungalow Bill

If he plays will be classed as a Hearts international? Or does that tag go to his parent club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

When was the last time we had 3 players in the scotland squad?

Was thinking the same, probably when we had Gordon, Hartley and Pressley in the squad.

Jambo_in_Hamilton, on 30 Aug 2016 - 5:42 PM, said:

What is up with griffiths?

So they are playing together ?

Was thinking the same, probably when we had Gordon, Hartley and Pressley in the squad.

It was. Think we had four at one point in the same campaign when Neilson got the nod.

No chance of keeping him come the end of his loan

I'm a way wed need him to be pish for the next 6 months in the hope he gets released and teams think he's done for

Man

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ferryjambo99

That was my hunch. Very good to see hearts players at an international level

I'm a way wed need him to be pish for the next 6 months in the hope he gets released and teams think he's done for

Man

What completely mental logic.

Maybe Griffiths has Barry Ferguson syndrome , plays week in week out for club then is injured for Scotland

If thumb does have even a slight concern are Celtic **** going to risk him against Malta with game against Sevco next again week.

Man

Can't agree with this, Charlton have loaned Watt out to Cardiff Blackburn and now Hearts

It's obvious they want him off the books, I'm certain we will have pre arranged terms with both Watt and Charlton should we all be happy with each other.

Getting called up to the Scotland squad is not a game charger.

To be honest getting a call up to play for Scotland is no big deal these days if we are totally honest

Griffiths and Tierney both withdrawn from the squad.

I'm certain that it's just a coincidence that they have The Rangers and Barcelona coming up.

Chuffed for Tony Watt though, unexpected, but chuffed.

For a team who get a bit of stick for foreign imports, we don't half get a few boys international recognition for Scotland.

Man

Do we not apparently have a deal in place?

Great question what do you think it could be ?

What makes you think it's a great question?

2 Celtic players withdraw from the squad.... Well that's a first.

Total lack of respect for the national team.

Bazzas right boot

Good for him, but I'm struggling to work out Strachan's logic, surley McCormick and Rhodes are ahead of him.

Still think we might keep him if he wants to come to Scotland, that's the big factor, does he want to come back up here, if he does we're in with a great shout.

It was. Think we had four at one point in the same campaign when Neilson got the nod.

Webster was playing regularly for Scotland then as well, possibly 5 players...

The Internet

Man

In no way do we need him to be pish for the next 6 months. We need him to be really good.

Can't wait until the details of McCormack's orgy with the female members of the Strachan family finally make the public eye.

Pleased for him and think a fully fit and playing regular tony watt would be in the squad but from a Scotland point of view surely McCormack or Rhodes are better options??

Pleased for him and think a fully fit and playing regular tony watt would be in the squad but from a Scotland point of view surely McCormack or Rhodes are better options??

Man

That's some f@cked up logic you've got going round your noggin boy

Archived