Branny and Co

funktasticlad

funktasticlad

Was wonderin what peoples views are on our foreign youngsters with regards to being 1st teamers next season. Rapnick Branny Copil The Aussies and the Icelanders with the exception of Rapnick the rest have been here for a few seasons now and surely should be involved more next season. Thoughts?

Charlie-Brown

The are all still very young with Aussie's R.McGowan, R.Visconte & D.McGowan being 19, 18 & 16 respectively, Kostadinov is 19, Copil & Rapnik are 18, Austrians Wagner & Michetschlager are 18, Icelandic goalie Bjornsson is the oldest I think but even he's still only 19 - think he might go on-loan next season depending on what happens re: goalie situation.

funktasticlad
The are all still very young with Aussie's R.McGowan, R.Visconte & D.McGowan being 19, 18 & 16 respectively, Kostadinov is 19, Copil & Rapnik are 18, Austrians Wagner & Michetschlager are 18, Icelandic goalie Bjornsson is the oldest I think but even he's still only 19 - think he might go on-loan next season depending on what happens re: goalie situation.

So in your opinion they're still not ready to be involved with the 1st team next year then? What about Copil? And who did we sign Michetschlager from and what position does he play?

jamboinglasgow
So in your opinion they're still not ready to be involved with the 1st team next year then? What about Copil? And who did we sign Michetschlager from and what position does he play?

Michetschlager was at Rangers but was released during the season. Had not realised we had actully signed him, he's a midfielder. Played fine in the game when he played for us and scored a goal if I'm correct.

Was wonderin what peoples views are on our foreign youngsters with regards to being 1st teamers next season. Rapnick Branny Copil The Aussies and the Icelanders with the exception of Rapnick the rest have been here for a few seasons now and surely should be involved more next season. Thoughts?

They certainly can't be any worse than what we've been watching the last 2 years! Personally, I'd get them involved right from the start, make them feel involved with the first team, the last thing we need are players who get so fed-up and frustrated, they do a runner and don't want to come back (Copil) They must look at the team and wonder what they've got to do to get in as they watch Wallace, Elliot, Mole, Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius to name just a few, every week.

Players of that age are first team regulars in better teams in better leagues that ours. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the 16 year old and the keeper, but it seems the rest just aren't good enough. Results seem to back up my suggestion.

Charlie-Brown

I think Ryan McGowan will definitely be involved whilst the others might get some bench time but more realistically need to establish themselves & prove themselves in the reserves this season ie step up from U19 & push on from there.

Austrian kid Michetschlager got released from Rangers when they cleared out all their foreign players - had a couple of trial games in U19 at left midfield and left back and looked good - don't know if he got a permanent contract or not as I saw him at a couple of youth games at the end of the season up at Riccarton with a leg strapping on but i figured if he was still there getting treatment then they must be interested in him?

funktasticlad
They certainly can't be any worse than what we've been watching the last 2 years! Personally, I'd get them involved right from the start, make them feel involved with the first team, the last thing we need are players who get so fed-up and frustrated, they do a runner and don't want to come back (Copil) They must look at the team and wonder what they've got to do to get in as they watch Wallace, Elliot, Mole, Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius to name just a few, every week.

Totally. Wanna see Branny and Copil involved to see if the hype is justified and they cant be any worse than the gash we've got at the moment. WIth Copil he's the boy in Champ man and i'm sure before we signed him he was one of the top young talents in Europe quoted as the new Georgie Hagi

Ryan Gosling
Players of that age are first team regulars in better teams in better leagues that ours. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the 16 year old and the keeper, but it seems the rest just aren't good enough. Results seem to back up my suggestion.

Players are also given the chance at other clubs.

Glen proved how talented he can be and he didn't get his chance until the bottom 6. McGowan is the best of the lot and only played 20 mins at Gretna (and won man of the match).

Frail had no bottle.

Players are also given the chance at other clubs.

If they were good enough, it wouldn't be classed as a chance.

I think the ones pushing for inclussion in the squad this season will be Rapnick and McGowan.

Copil, Wagner and Branny will need to come back with some new focus and all guns blazing if they want a peep.

Visconte was out injured for most of the season so jury is out.

Matty Park.................keep hearing about him, but never see him (injured?).

I do hope we have signed Mitcheslager as i was really impressed with him in the 3 games i witnessed him in.

Thats the foreigners taken care off.

As for the home grown lads...................hopefully Glen will be involved, Robinson and Templeton knock on the door and Balatoni keeps impressing.

All of the above if not involved in the first team must be looking to be at least reserve team regulars this season.

Rawrrrrrrr

Seriously why do people keep mentioning branny and copil as our best youngsters, ones who need a chance etc

There both big headed erses who aren't even good enough to play for the u19's

What is everyones obsession with them

Neither of them deserve to be anywhere near the first team next season

funktasticlad

Well heres hoping they get a good pre season under there belts and push on next year. Was excited at the fact we'd signed these guys as thats what all the top teams do with Arsenal being a prime example of this but as of yet none have seemed to make the grade which i find a little worrying. No doubt Rapnick looks a player, the skill school whit him and Gray glen showed he's got some nice touches for a gangly centre half.

the skill school whit him and Gray glen showed he's got some nice touches for a gangly centre half.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's easy to show off when nobody is tackling you. If this isn't true, why not hold a Europe wide keepy-uppy competition and put the top 10 straight into our first team?

funktasticlad
Seriously why do people keep mentioning branny and copil as our best youngsters, ones who need a chance etc

Obsesions probably due to the hype they had on arrival or prior. IMO if your uprooting a kid from his homeland and getting him settled into a new culture then surely there has to be something to them otherwise the expense and time could be best used on our homegrown boys

funktasticlad
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's easy to show off when nobody is tackling you. If this isn't true, why not hold a Europe wide keepy-uppy competition and put the top 10 straight into our first team?

I know.

Was just saying, looked no bad:cool:

wilson_hmfc

If they are good enough they should be involved. Rooney was 16 when he came to prominence! Torres was captain of Athletico when he was 17! Visconte can hopefully recover from injury and push on and compete with Driver (if hes still here), McGowan looks promising and could replace Berra or partner him. The rest will have to knuckle down in pre-season and hopefully get involved with the first team and maybe make an impact.

Malcolm Tucker
If they are good enough they should be involved. Rooney was 16 when he came to prominence! Torres was captain of Athletico when he was 17! Visconte can hopefully recover from injury and push on and compete with Driver (if hes still here), McGowan looks promising and could replace Berra or partner him. The rest will have to knuckle down in pre-season and hopefully get involved with the first team and maybe make an impact.

Wilson it is impossible to compare Torres and Rooney to ANY player in Scotland! They now play for 2 of the biggest teams in Europe and were exceptional cases of your point.

They are all still young, and rushing them isn't the idea unless they are in fact the next Rooney or Torres.

Rick Grimes

can you see the danger in basing on our policy on the basis of how much like Rooney & Torres our players are?

jamboinglasgow

I think this is a real problem in Scottish (and English) football that we are expecting players to show abilty really young otherwise we dismiss them. The problem is that players develop at different stages. As others have said Rooney and Torres are a bit special and though there are a few real youngsters in world football they tend to be more special. If you look at premiership sides most do as Hearts play them when they feel when ready not at a set age.

Guest JamboRobbo

Sad to say that I agree with you, for about the first time ever.

If they were gonna be stars, they'd be outstanding at under 19's by now. Not just getting by mid table.

Sad to say that I agree with you, for about the first time ever.

I'm sure you'll get over it. ;)

WeeToonJambo

I think you'll find that the under 19 team, towards the end of last season, became the reserve team. Results were inconsistent but an improvement on what we were getting earlier in the season with the dross, most of whom have now left, we had at the club. Branny was away with his country for much of the latter end of the season and Copil, who had been playing in the reserves all season, had gone home to mummy.

I expect to see them pushing this coming season and, if they don't, will then wonder if they're going to make it. Like many on here, I'm hoping that the appointment of a new manager, with a competent coaching team, will bring out the talent which is undoubtedly there.

The two who have shown most improvement are McGowan and Rapnik. Ryan showed what he is capable of in his little cameo against Gretna and, at reserve level, Rapnik looked assured and confident with bags of skill. The others who I thought might have done better, Rocky, Matty etc., had a lot of injury problems.

The much maligned Jamie Mole looked excellent in the reserves, better than Gary Glen, so maybe a decent coaching set-up would be the answer.

In short - we need a manager who knows what he's doing!

They are all still young, and rushing them isn't the idea unless they are in fact the next Rooney or Torres.

In the scale of things..... no, they aren't really any more.

Both big head arses? D'u know them personally? From what i've read, it's not that people think they're our two best young players, it's because we're sick of watching folk like Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius, Wallace, Elliot, Mole etc... contributing nowt more or less and wanting to see if they shape up, they might well be pash but we'll never know until we get a look at them. Incidentally, wasn't there an article in one of the papers a few months back saying Copil was in the top 50 most promising youngsters in either the World or Europe(can't quite remember) and weren't Celtic wanting Kostadinov if Hearts were going to bin him?

Archived