West Ham v Bournemouth

132goals1958

132goals1958

First game at their new stadium with 57000 attending.Whilst it looks absolutely amazing -- pristine condition and what looks like a manicured perimeter track I somehow think I would prefer the atmospheric Upton Park to the Olympic Arena. 

Unknown user

First game at their new stadium with 57000 attending.Whilst it looks absolutely amazing -- pristine condition and what looks like a manicured perimeter track I somehow think I would prefer the atmospheric Upton Park to the Olympic Arena.

It's an epic stadium, we drove past it earlier in the year, but the fans are a bit far from the pitch for my taste

Unknown user

It's not Upton Park. Awful decision to leave the Boleyn.

We're so lucky to be staying at tynie, we should never forget

Can't imagine I'd be very happy being in the first row behind the goals - your about 20 yards away from the pitch and at the same level as the advertising boards, you must be able to see bugger all!

Stadium looks impressive but give me a Boylen (or Tynecastle) any day of the week.

Regal Kingston

The Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore stands are in the Boleyn Ground waiting to be demolished.

Not in the Olympic Stadium.

I think they need to think of other ways to honour their legends.

20,000 more fans through the gates though can only be good for the club.

132goals1958

Can't imagine I'd be very happy being in the first row behind the goals - your about 20 yards away from the pitch and at the same level as the advertising boards, you must be able to see bugger all!

Stadium looks impressive but give me a Boylen (or Tynecastle) any day of the week.

Totally agree. The thought that we might have moved to Murrayfield still sends a shiver down the spine.

First game at their new stadium with 57000 attending.

Genuine question, but have they not played in the UEFA Cup there already or is that yet to come?

Totally agree. The thought that we might have moved to Murrayfield still sends a shiver down the spine.

Horrible thought - but something after THIS season we'll never have to think about again!!!

132goals1958

Genuine question, but have they not played in the UEFA Cup there already or is that yet to come?

You may be correct. I forgot about the early European games 

yes they have. 1st prem game.

MacDonald Jardine

Yep

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The stadium move could elevate West Ham as a club, wise move as far as I'm concerned.

Yip, they got a tremendous deal, and have increased capacity by 20k.

Massive chance for them to progress as a club.

This is awful stuff, West ham look like their quite a few players short of challenging at the top. Crying out for someone like Payet to bring a bit of quality.

Bournemouth just had Arta sent off - hopefully that sparks in into life.

stirlingshirejambo

Only saw the goal once but I wonder if that ball was close to going out of play and curled back in

Have to say looking at the stadium confirms my opinion that one tier looks so much better than 2 (or more). Very impressive, just too far away from the pitch.

Have to say looking at the stadium confirms my opinion that one tier looks so much better than 2 (or more). Very impressive, just too far away from the pitch.

Looks like it would be a good stadium for athletics.

Looks like it would be a good stadium for athletics.

It was decent for AC/DC gig in June. Station is a 25 minute walk, though.

Very good first team but not enough depth to seriously challenge. Good 3 points but honking performance. I do love me a bit of Antonio though, except when he's playing RB

Nelly Terraces

Stadium looks utterly shite & devoid of atmos. Miles away from pitch - no thanks, plus you just know several 1000s are mere hangers on enticed in by cheap ticketing.

If you want football in the East End - try a proper ground (and absolutely top drawer social club) at Leyton Orient.

I think moving to the OS could be the making of West Ham.

Top facilities, increased att's/revenue, better squad, higher profile etc. could, in time, make them a main player in English football. Particularly if they attract a billionaire owner/syndicate on the back of it.

As good a move for them as staying put is for Hearts, imo.

Stadium looks utter shite, doesn't look like a home ground at all, guarantee you they toil this season and their fans will absolutely hate the stadium.

Yep stadium looked poor today ...

Question will be: are they really West Ham any more?

I don't think Man City are Man City any more. And its not because they've won things; it is because they have no soul

The Treasurer

Very good first team but not enough depth to seriously challenge. Good 3 points but honking performance. I do love me a bit of Antonio though, except when he's playing RB

Agreed. The lack of depth in the squad was all to obvious today. Hopefully a few more to be added before the window "slams shut"

As for the stadium move, in an ideal world the club would have stayed at the Boleyn, but in order to progress this move had to be made.

The Treasurer

Yep stadium looked poor today ...

Question will be: are they really West Ham any more?

I don't think Man City are Man City any more. And its not because they've won things; it is because they have no soul

I hope they never turn into a soul-less franchise like citeh have done.

It's still possible for them to become a top club without selling out their identity and becoming a rich mans play thing with their main fan base in Asia

Archived