The French Keeper

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

Paris St Germain goalkeeper Jerome Alonzo says he rejected an approach from Hearts to sign for Nantes. (News of the World)

Drylaw Hearts
Paris St Germain goalkeeper Jerome Alonzo says he rejected an approach from Hearts to sign for Nantes. (News of the World)

Good.

maroonlegions

NOTW, mmm, quality rag that.:P:rolleyes:

funktasticlad

Glad also, we should only be signing foreigners if they are better than whats on offer within the brittish isles both for price and ability, think theres better younger keepers out there that would probably comand the same wages if not less

Guest gorgie kev

Whats he like on football manager?:P

he said that at 35 he thought he was too old to go " on trial ". Obviously has great confidence in his own ability.

Just read the story and he's saying Hearts wanted him to go on trial.

Seems absolutely ludicrous that a guy who's forged out a reputation in France over a 15 year period should have to come on trial with Hearts. Another bad piece of PR.

rudi must stay

Seems absolutely ludicrous that a guy who's forged out a reputation in France over a 15 year period should have to come on trial with Hearts. Another bad piece of PR.

better players have gone on trial before him here quite happily like Skacel, Pospisil. If anything it's bad PR for the player as it makes him look like an arrogant *****

Gigolo-Aunt

Eric Cantona was on trial at Sheffield Wednesday before he signed for Leeds. He played in an indoor football tournament.

Trevor Francis wanted to see him play on grass, Cantona told Wednesday to **** off.

Wednesdays loss was unfortunatly Leeds gain.

:sad:

vegas-voss

Here is what he said.

"I can't believe what has happened or that i won't be playing in Scotland next season.It's not a case of me saying 'im too good a goalie,i don't want a trial'.But i am 35 years old,i've been playing top flight football for in France for 15 years for clubs like Marseille,St-Etienne and PSG.So i told Hearts we live in an age of new technology.There is a lot of video which exsists of me on the internet sites like Youtube.There are DVD's of big games i have played in too.The French Cup Final was live on Eurosport,so you can see me whenever you want.The contact with Hearts was over because i did not want to go on trial at 35."

ps it said Hearts have tried to sign him 3 times.

Dirk Diggler

If Hearts had looked on YouTube he wouldn't have even been offered a trial.

Dodgy at best.

Feck him.

Hearts of Vladland
If Hearts had looked on YouTube he wouldn't have even been offered a trial.

Dodgy at best.

Feck him.

Who was the other keeper someone had a video of on youtube and he was really good?

Here is what he said.

"I can't believe what has happened or that i won't be playing in Scotland next season.It's not a case of me saying 'im too good a goalie,i don't want a trial'.But i am 35 years old,i've been playing top flight football for in France for 15 years for clubs like Marseille,St-Etienne and PSG.So i told Hearts we live in an age of new technology.There is a lot of video which exsists of me on the internet sites like Youtube.There are DVD's of big games i have played in too.The French Cup Final was live on Eurosport,so you can see me whenever you want.The contact with Hearts was over because i did not want to go on trial at 35."

ps it said Hearts have tried to sign him 3 times.

Sound like someone is bitter at missing out on one last pay day. :)

Imeantasong

There's more to a trial than judging ability.

Even if we had a manager, it's wise to check out a player's temperament etc if you don't know him well enough or not getting him through a source you fully trust?

At 35, you'd think that side of it could be easily found out, but then there's fitness / motivation stuff too with a guy that age?

When I read the article, I was thinking typical hearts.

After watching the youtube, I have now realised.

he is Basso in disguise.

better players have gone on trial before him here quite happily like Skacel, Pospisil. If anything it's bad PR for the player as it makes him look like an arrogant *****

Skacel never went on trial.

maroonedinoz
Who was the other keeper someone had a video of on youtube and he was really good?

zibi?

rudi must stay
Skacel never went on trial.

pretty sure he did mate. Anyway you get my point , it just makes the guy look arrogant

Boaby Ewing

Jesus, he seems to love jumping into his own goal then tw@tting the ball off the line.

I'm not sure my heart could handle watching that week-in-week-out, even if he does have a decent pedigree.

Can't say I'm overly fussed. Re: the non-trial I can see it from both sides, but it doesn't really make him look that interested if he won't come across for a few days.

C'est la vie.

I do not agree, teams have fallen flat on their faces purely watching DVDs and internet footage to base decisions, as he suggests.

Sensible lad.

Why were we looking to sign a 35 year old keeper at all?

What a joke.

When was this trial going to take place - 4 weeks from now? What was the guy to do in the meantime - keep the rest of his career on hold for the Mighty JTs?

What a load of nonsense. So close season starts and the same shambolic transfer sounding outs and noises are being repeated as usual. Excellent stuff

Who cares? Really? Some 35 year old goalie isn't coming to us. Oh no.

I agree about that point.

Its just galling we were in for him in the first place - a continuation of the complete scattergun approach to transfers. Appalling

Archived