For those of you into water sports

Terrible Trio

Gigolo-Aunt

The Sting Ray at the Commonwealth Pool was enough of a walk on the wild side for me.

Feck that.

cosanostra
The Sting Ray at the Commonwealth Pool was enough of a walk on the wild side for me.

Feck that.

That was quite mental right enough.

Is it still there?

Vortex was always my favourite one.

Gigolo-Aunt

Is it still there?

Think they have all gone now, matey.

Feck that.

Is it still there?

Was the vortex the one without the mats, or was that Cyclone:confused:

The one with the mats you could stop and climb round and hang on the top of the tube so everyone went under you:laugh:

Always rattled my head off the stingray with that wee bend.

Gigolo-Aunt
Was the vortex the one without the mats, or was that Cyclone:confused:

The one with the mats you could stop and climb round and hang on the top of the tube so everyone went under you:laugh:

Always rattled my head off the stingray with that wee bend.

Think it was the "River Rapids" that you could stop youself and get a yellow card from the guards on duty.

They were the days.

:sad:

Boaby Ewing

Is it still there?

The flumes were taken down years ago... tis a shame.

There was a fantastic urban legend about someone planting a razor blade on The Stingray when I was a nipper.

cosanostra

Were there 3 or 4 flumes?

I can remember river rapids which was the slowest one, vortex which was quicker and the stingray which only lasted a few seconds.

You had to take a mat for the first 2 but not the stingray. The done thing was ditching the mat out of view of the lifeguards and going down without it as it made you go much faster.

cosanostra
The flumes were taken down years ago... tis a shame.

There was a fantastic urban legend about someone planting a razor blade on The Stingray when I was a nipper.

That same rumour went round my school.

Razor blades stuck on with chewing gum i'd heard. Kind of like the urban legend that everyone at school had a friend who knew someone who kidnapped a penguin from the zoo.

When I was a nipper that was the story told about Porty baths waterslides. People from all over Britain claim it happened in their local pool. I', convinced it has probably never happened anywhere.

Were there 3 or 4 flumes?

I can remember river rapids which was the slowest one, vortex which was quicker and the stingray which only lasted a few seconds.

You had to take a mat for the first 2 but not the stingray. The done thing was ditching the mat out of view of the lifeguards and going down without it as it made you go much faster.

There were 3. Vortex, cyclone and stingray IIRC.

You're right about the mats on the first 2. One of them had wee drops throughout it.

That same rumour went round my school.

Razor blades stuck on with chewing gum i'd heard. Kind of like the urban legend that everyone at school had a friend who knew someone who kidnapped a penguin from the zoo.

Knew someone who stole a penguin?!

What school was this at?!:confused:

Boaby Ewing

You're right about the mats on the first 2. One of them had wee drops throughout it.

There were four:

The big white one (River Rapids IIRC)

Crazy fast one (Stingray)

Then the two normal ones - I think Vortex had more drops, Cyclone had more corners, but they were both much-of-a-muchness.

cosanostra

There was defo one called the river rapids as well though.

There were four:

The big white one (River Rapids IIRC)

Crazy fast one (Stingray)

Then the two normal ones - I think Vortex had more drops, Cyclone had more corners, but they were both much-of-a-muchness.

There was defo one called the river rapids as well though.

Yeah sorry your right.

I never got on that one. Was always closed from when I was going until they took them away. Kinda disregarded its existence.

When I was a nipper it was the high board at proty outdoor pool that was the acid test now its just the pitz

cosanostra
Knew someone who stole a penguin?!

What school was this at?!:confused:

I doubt it ever happened, just a myth like the razor blade commie pool fable.

I went to school in Haddington - incredibly dull place.

I doubt it ever happened, just a myth like the razor blade commie pool fable.

I went to school in Haddington - incredibly dull place.

Never even heard it.

Why such a random story?!

cosanostra
Never even heard it.

Why such a random story?!

Some mates and I in the pub once, all from different areas of Scotland but all roughly the same age, agreed that we had all heard a rumour at school about a guy who had stolen a penguin from Edinburgh zoo. Some people had names for the guy but none had met him.

Kind of like the razor blades in the river rapids. Loads of people have heard about it but has anyone ever been cut by one?

Highly likely that both were a load of baws.

Some mates and I in the pub once, all from different areas of Scotland but all roughly the same age, agreed that we had all heard a rumour at school about a guy who had stolen a penguin from Edinburgh zoo. Some people had names for the guy but none had met him.

Kind of like the razor blades in the river rapids. Loads of people have heard about it but has anyone ever been cut by one?

I would imagine they are.

Stole a penguin!:laugh:

I'm guessing Germany;)

So did I, but can't find anything on t'net.

Could be Switzerland or Austria as well - need to keep hunting...unless anyone DOES know,,,?

Guest gorgie kev
Did anyone else click on the 'Chick of the month' link................

:)

Now how did i know that cc would be first to post that.;)

dodethejambo
Did anyone else click on the 'Chick of the month' link................

:)

Na, but the NSFW button is going to get hit later (when missus is in bed) ;)

Very true been conned by them both myself :eek:

But did anyone ever swim at the WHEC ?

Last time i was there after my mother forcing me to go for some reason Id just walked out of the changing rooms and was halfway through jumping in when i noticed a "toaly" floating about right in front of me !

What could be worse ?

jamboinglasgow
thought this thread was about summat else.... :(

yup I was a bit worried clicking this thread. Clicked on the link saw a thing that said girl of the month and thought it was really about what I thought it was about until I looked at the replys.

For those who want to know...the looping slide is at Aqua Magis in Plettenberg, Germany.

For those who want to know...the looping slide is at Aqua Magis in Plettenberg, Germany.

HAH!

I was right, if a bit non specific.

Archived