Season ticket non-renewers: Glory-hunters?

Pants Shaton

How long had you previously held a season ticket for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long had you previously held a season ticket for?

• Since 2005/2006
    • Regularly over the past decade
    • Intermittently over the past decade
    • Greater than 10 years

Pants Shaton

It has been frequently suggested that those choosing not to renew their season tickets constitute the 4000 extra supporters who came on-board during the heady days of the Burley era.

I'm interested to see how well that argument holds.

This is a poll ONLY for previous season ticket holders who have chosen (so far) not to renew for the coming season.

What camp do you fall into?

PresidentRomanov

Seeing as you're asking for someone to admit being a glory hunter, I think this poll could be a bit of a wast of time.

Personally, i've never met a glory hunter in my life - including every Rangers FC fan I know, who all went regularly in the eighties :P

Charlie-Brown

Can you define regularly v intermittently Gman? I didn't hold an ST 2002-2004 as I got married & bought our house in that time period although I had an ST for about a decade before and ever since - so do I vote regularly or intermittently?

Pants Shaton
Can you define regularly v intermittently Gman? I didn't hold an ST 2002-2004 as I got married & bought our house in that time period although I had an ST for about a decade before and ever since - so do I vote regularly or intermittently?

For the purposes of this poll I'd suggest regular if:

- not holding a season ticket was unavoidable on a few occasions (such as yourself)

- or > 6/10 seasons

Surely in your case, NMH, you've renewed this year so won't be voting anyway?

Of course no one's going to admit to being a glory hunter but this poll is objective - how long have people held their tickets?

Pants Shaton
Seeing as you're asking for someone to admit being a glory hunter, I think this poll could be a bit of a wast of time.

Personally, i've never met a glory hunter in my life - including every Rangers FC fan I know, who all went regularly in the eighties :P

Your opinion on this matter is well known.

You talk about 'real' Hearts supporters and are willing to base your argument on the small band (relative to the 13,500 season ticket holders) of people you know.

I will still be going to every home match next season - I'm just not willing to pay money up front to sanction another season of dross under a puppet-manager.

If we appoint a real manager - I'll get a season ticket.

If not I'll pay on the day - I'll probably end up spending even more money on Hearts - a 'real' supporter if you will.

oh ah grantona

i had a season ticket for about 10 years before the pie man ordeal and i didnt like levein (especially after going to parkhead to lose and come out saying ive said hearts on goal differance i pay money to watch my team try to win) anyway vlad came and i renewed this season i have decided not to renew but will still go to games. I am 1 of the 4000 who believe that giving him cash up front is wrong and wont help change club. Also i can pick and choose my games so if we are playing crap football i havent wasted the best part ?250 to ?500 buying a season ticket. Also another reason the standard of the game to price paying in scotland is so bad

PresidentRomanov
Your opinion on this matter is well known.

You talk about 'real' Hearts supporters and are willing to base your argument on the small band (relative to the 13,500 season ticket holders) of people you know.

I will still be going to every home match next season - I'm just not willing to pay money up front to sanction another season of dross under a puppet-manager.

If we appoint a real manager - I'll get a season ticket.

If not I'll pay on the day - I'll probably end up spending even more money on Hearts - a 'real' supporter if you will.

Another season like last year, and you won't pay anywhere near what I will - and you know it.

OOPS i have renewed. never read it just voted cos it was ANOTHER season ticket poll :eek:

Bindy Badgy

Last season was my first one but that was due to personal curcumstances. I used to do judo competitively so I spent most weekends at competitions or training camps.

I'll be in Oz next season so it'll be a bit of a trek for me to come back for games:)

including every Rangers FC fan I know, who all went regularly in the eighties :P

Good point as usual PB. Every one of the 50,000 that populate Ibrox today claim to have been one of the few thousand that attended in the immediate pre-Souness era.

Pants Shaton
Another season like last year, and you won't pay anywhere near what I will - and you know it.

You know me quite well for someone who's never met me.

PresidentRomanov
You know me quite well for someone who's never met me.

Am I wrong?

No fibbing mind ;)

hughesie27

Good on him for not wasting his money then. That is all you could describe last season as. If we have another 05/06 season and he pays every week does that mean he is a better supporter than you sa he spent more money on Hearts?

PresidentRomanov
Good on him for not wasting his money then. That is all you could describe last season as. If we have another 05/06 season and he pays every week does that mean he is a better supporter than you sa he spent more money on Hearts?

Point proved :)

davemclaren

With all this boasting I want to see receipts as proof. ;)

Carl Weathers

I got my first season tickets after 98 - I was 15 and just started going to games without my dad (who worked Offshore). I can't remember what happened but I lost interest for a few years and picked up the bug again the season before Burley joined. Wouldn't think about not going now.

I'm not a glory hunter by any stretch (I support Hearts ffs) but when I was 15 the cup win and good times probably made a difference to myself and my group of friends.

At the moment I can understand why people don't want to renew - all the false promises, interference etc, etc. I bought one though because I enjoy the football and love the club. The bad times only make us enjoy the good times more, when they come!

European Jambos Mum
OOPS i have renewed. never read it just voted cos it was ANOTHER season ticket poll :eek:

I made the same mistake. It will teach me to read the thing properly before voting!!!:wacko:

cosanostra

Not had season tickets for 4 seasons in the last 12.

Used to have a terrible job that involved working Saturdays.

It has been frequently suggested that those choosing not to renew their season tickets constitute the 4000 extra supporters who came on-board during the heady days of the Burley era.

I'm interested to see how well that argument holds.

This is a poll ONLY for previous season ticket holders who have chosen (so far) not to renew for the coming season.

What camp do you fall into?

It's upto the individual whether they re-new or not. Personally I chose NOT to this season as I'm sick of going to the games and watching a very poor standard of football and coming away peed off almost every time. At ?425(i think) last season, it's too much for pretty much no reward, even more so now as the papers are constantly printing that we're selling this player and that player (Wallace, Goncalves, Berra, Driver amongst others) and i'm concerned i'll be watching even worse games next season with more Lithuanians who are no better than some players in the first division. I'll still be going to most of the games though but i'm not prepared to give MadVlad my money in advance. By the way, I've been a season ticket holder since 1987 except for a couple of years in the early ninties when I couldn't afford it. So, as I haven't re-newed this season, does that make ME a gloryhunter?

Pants Shaton
I made the same mistake. It will teach me to read the thing properly before voting!!!:wacko:

OOpps. Should have read the whole thing first....ignore my vote. :dribble:

Are you the same people who fecked up the Scottish Parliament elections?

Pants Shaton
It's upto the individual whether they re-new or not. Personally I chose NOT to this season as I'm sick of going to the games and watching a very poor standard of football and coming away peed off almost every time. At ?425(i think) last season, it's too much for pretty much no reward, even more so now as the papers are constantly printing that we're selling this player and that player (Wallace, Goncalves, Berra, Driver amongst others) and i'm concerned i'll be watching even worse games next season with more Lithuanians who are no better than some players in the first division. I'll still be going to most of the games though but i'm not prepared to give MadVlad my money in advance. By the way, I've been a season ticket holder since 1987 except for a couple of years in the early ninties when I couldn't afford it. So, as I haven't re-newed this season, does that make ME a gloryhunter?

Patently the answer is no.

But many on here would have you believe that not renewing places you in the 'fair weather fan' category.

This poll suggests that is not the case.

Patently the answer is no.

But many on here would have you believe that not renewing places you in the 'fair weather fan' category.

This poll suggests that is not the case.

Yes your right, but then a lot of them won't have been a season ticket holder as long as I have anyway so stuff them, they know nowt.

winston churchill

been going for 30 years.

had a season ticket for 20 odd years.

the money for this years will remain in a shoebox until vlad shows his hand.

I've had my season ticket since 96/97, started off in the School End during 96/97 and moved to the same seat in the Gorgie Stand since 97/98. Have renewed every season since.

However this season I have not renewed, a decision I have made because I believe it may just put some pressure on the current regime to put in place a proper football management at the club. Others have renewed their season tickets, I don't have a problem with this, it's down to each individual. What irks me though is those who think they hold the moral highground by renewing and snipe at those who haven't, suggesting such things as putting 50 quid on season tickets on appointment of a good manager as a good idea etc.....:rolleyes:

Glory hunting Hearts fan? Are you having a laugh?!?!?

I would think glory hunters would follow one of the OF no?

I had season ticket for 7 years in the 80s and 90s (until I started playing Saturday football) followed by the last three years. No way am i renewing until I see what is going to happen with a manager. There were times last year when it was so bad that I was honestly wanting to go home and watch Jeff and the Boys on Sky rather than endure the pathetic excuse for a team that we had on the pitch.

Had we got McGhee I would have renewed in a minute. Without a new manager I will not be stumping up ?400+ for zero entertainment.

Robbo27_22

Supporter for 30 years. Season ticket for about 20 of those years. Not renewing until Vlad shows his intentions.

British manager given full powers over players, team selection and tactics and I'll renew.

None of the above and I won't.

Completely my choice.

The Comedian
Glory hunting Hearts fan? Are you having a laugh?!?!?

I would think glory hunters would follow one of the OF no?

Pretty much my thought's too, the two really don't go together well at all.

I voted intermittent, had a ST in season's 1999-2000, 2003-2004 and last year but not for next season. I 've had them for a variety of reasons including getting a wee bit help from my pasrents when i was 15. If i could afford it I got one but next season due to my thoughts on the overall state of the club I didn't want to renew next term regardless of money.

MacDonald Jardine
Hmmm.

Not exactly confirming the 'glory-hunter' hypothesis so far!

Amazing.

People are reluctant to label themselves gloryhunters shock.

Next season could be quite interesting.

If all those not renewing are loyal fans who have gone for years and are making a point of principle does that mean the ground will be full of folk who didn't bother until Burley came along?

jambos are go!

I also voted and misread the poll .

Why does everyone think that 4000 folk are not renewing. As has been pointed out there are always late renewers and non renewers. How does someone who has died or incarcerated vote in this poll for instance. Do folk think we wont sell another season ticket because nobody will want to buy one?

Pants Shaton
How does someone who has died or incarcerated vote in this poll for instance. Do folk think we wont sell another season ticket because nobody will want to buy one?

Very good point - if anyone can work out how to vote when your dead I'd be interested to hear their plan.

As for 'incarcerated' - we're talking about Hearts not Hibs.

Pants Shaton

This poll hasn't really worked because too many people haven't bothered to read it before voting.

However this thread, once again, demonstrates just how many of the current disillusioned 'non-renewers' have been loyal season ticket holders of many years duration. To that extent it has served it's purpose.

Ivanauskas33
OOpps. Should have read the whole thing first....ignore my vote. :dribble:

Same here :wacko:

Season ticket since 1982.

I wont renew until the Jan 1st statement has been followed through with.

Sick of being mugged off by these tossers.

I've had a Season Ticket since 1996.

I haven't renewed yet because i don't get paid 'til the 18th. Then it'll be bought without question.

jambos are go!
I've had a Season Ticket since 1996.

I haven't renewed yet because i don't get paid 'til the 18th. Then it'll be bought without question.

Unfortunately that wont stop the Anti VR mob claiming your 100% behind them in their desperation to claim backing. With a nearly 75% renewal rate already the loyal fans have snubbed them enough already. If it was a boxing match it would be stopped.

Pants Shaton
Unfortunately that wont stop the Anti VR mob claiming your 100% behind them in their desperation to claim backing. With a nearly 75% renewal rate already the loyal fans have snubbed them enough already. If it was a boxing match it would be stopped.

Based on the figures on Hearts' official website the renewal rate currently stands at nearly 67% (9000/13500 x 100).

Vlad-sheep, Hat-Kicker, Anti-Vlad - pointless distinctions. We're all Hearts fans - and those not willing to mandate another season like 07/08 will not renew until a real manager is appointed.

Does that make us better fans? No.

Does it make us worse fans? Not if it helps influence a positive decision.

Many have suggested that most non-renewers comprised the new recruits from 2005/2006. This poll has helped dismiss that interpretation.

PresidentRomanov
This poll hasn't really worked because too many people haven't bothered to read it before voting.

However this thread, once again, demonstrates just how many of the current disillusioned 'non-renewers' have been loyal season ticket holders of many years duration. To that extent it has served it's purpose.

This poll was always going to be bollocks.

The fact that season tickets for next year, look like falling back to the pre Burley figure, is all that's required to prove my point beyond doubt.

Just because half a dozen or so, try to justify themselves on this board, doesn't alter the fact, that the vast majority of non renewers are johnny come lately's :)

Rawrrrrrrr

I have had mine since the early 00's now.

I haven't renewed yet, for a number of reasons, 1 last season was a total nightmare to attend, it was the worst football I have seen and at times I had no desire to go, 2) the people I go with havent renewed yet, or may not be renewing and 3) I have spent the money on other things so far

I probably will still renew although Im giving serious thought to picking and choosing games as If I do renew and we have another season like that I suspect I would just give up going

Its not so much the poor positions but the manner of them, I used to love going to games, win lose or draw under levein etc when the club battled with pride, we have lost this now, and there is no respect or atmosphere in the crowd

The club is in completely dire straits and accusing people of being glory hunters wont work as many of those not renewing have held tickets far longer than the last 2/3 seasons

PresidentRomanov

Its not so much the poor positions but the manner of them, I used to love going to games, win lose or draw under levein etc when the club battled with pride, we have lost this now, and there is no respect or atmosphere in the crowd

I've heard it all now :ohmy:

Pants Shaton

The fact that season tickets for next year, look like falling back to the pre Burley figure, is all that's required to prove my point beyond doubt.

That statement does nothing but prove your ignorance.

This poll, with all its inherent limitations, is the best objective evidence available regarding the mix of non-renewers. Interestingly, a poll seeking to measure the percentage of season ticket holders who had renewed corresponded almost perfectly with the official club figures; suggesting these polls may be representative of the broader Hearts support.

You chose to rely on the actions of a small band of personal acquaintances and a numerical coincidence - why let facts get in the way of your agenda?

Even taking into account the few people who can't be bothered reading the question before voting - this poll is a massive vindication of my (and my fellow protesters') position.

cosanostra
I've heard it all now :ohmy:

He's pretty much right though Picky.

There has been a noticable change over the last 3 seasons.

Pants Shaton
He's pretty much right though Picky.

There has been a noticable change over the last 3 seasons.

Yes - it's a worry when you agree with Prancer but, like a broken clock, he's going to be right occasionally.

This is one of these occasions.

MacDonald Jardine
That statement does nothing but prove your ignorance.

This poll, with all its inherent limitations, is the best objective evidence available regarding the mix of non-renewers. Interestingly, a poll seeking to measure the percentage of season ticket holders who had renewed corresponded almost perfectly with the official club figures; suggesting these polls may be representative of the broader Hearts support.

You chose to rely on the actions of a small band of personal acquaintances and a numerical coincidence - why let facts get in the way of your agenda?

So, as I posted earlier you think the new ST holders of the Burley era are still renewing and the old "true" Hearts fans aren't?

The figures are such that there must be a lot of Burley era renewing o n your argument.

Apologies, I'm an idiot, didnt fully read the question first.:wacko:

I've re-newed.

One to come off the "over ten years".

hmfc_liam06

I dont see why people should have to justify themselves by not renewing, people have their reasons.

MacDonald Jardine
I dont see why people should have to justify themselves by not renewing, people have their reasons.

I'm sure they do.

It's just remarkable none of them are along the lines of "we're ****e and I cannae be bothered".

Non renewers on here have a habit of making themselves out to be on some kind of crusade.

Captain America

I first got my season ticket in 05/06, not because am glory hunter just 1st season i could afford one, i have renewed this year after months of arguing with myself whether i should or shouldn't, i don't think anyone should be judged on whether they are renewing or not renewing, it is each individual choice.

Just think whether u have renewed or not we should get behind team this year, i felt last year we were on players backs too fast ( i myself was guilty of this and there were many times they deserved it.)

and on completly different subject anyone know when fixtures are released??? i cant remember when it was last yr.

MacDonald Jardine
I first got my season ticket in 05/06, not because am glory hunter just 1st season i could afford one, i have renewed this year after months of arguing with myself whether i should or shouldn't, i don't think anyone should be judged on whether they are renewing or not renewing, it is each individual choice.

Just think whether u have renewed or not we should get behind team this year, i felt last year we were on players backs too fast ( i myself was guilty of this and there were many times they deserved it.)

and on completly different subject anyone know when fixtures are released??? i cant remember when it was last yr.

I suspect a lot of the non renewers won't be there at all unless we start winning.

Archived