Underberg?

Dawnrazor

Have any of you come across "Underberg"? It's a German drink, comes in a wee bottle with a brown paper wrapping, I met Mr Underberg fishing today, he's about 90 odd but still fishing! I have a bit of a head cold made worse by hayfever, he gave me a couple of these wee bottles, Christ on a bike it's brutal but it doesn't half clear any snot you might have!!!!!

Ingredients - water, alcohol and extracts of natural herbs.

Not sure what herbs but the alcohol is 44%!!!

Highly recommended for a any one with a snot problem!!!

Have any of you come across "Underberg"? It's a German drink, comes in a wee bottle with a brown paper wrapping, I met Mr Underberg fishing today, he's about 90 odd but still fishing! I have a bit of a head cold made worse by hayfever, he gave me a couple of these wee bottles, Christ on a bike it's brutal but it doesn't half clear any snot you might have!!!!!

I remember a friend brought me a couple of bottles of this and told me it was for clearing hangovers. Best cure ever for a severe one.

My mum swears by the stuff and I must admit it does work. Tastes ungodly but works miracles on head colds, dicky tummy and sinus problems.

It's alright. Just another of the many herbal liqueurs they drink over there, like Jaegermeister. They really come in to their own if you've had a big meal and have that stuffed, can't move feeling. A shot of those and you're right as rain.

Had a fairly bad experience on this stuff. Did have about 6 shots of it combined with other drinks, completely blacked out... Never again :lol:

Used to use it as a hangover cure in Yugoslavia (Korcula) many moons ago.

Spanish version is called Fernet Branca. Tastes pish but does the job.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Had it at Oktoberfest a few years ago. Cannae remember much as I was already bladdered.

Fernet Branca is the devils work

Had it at Oktoberfest a few years ago. Cannae remember much as I was already bladdered.

Fernet Branca is the devils work

It works though!

First thing in the morning with a couple of Ibuprofen - great.

I've tried Unicum, the Hungarian equivalent - half a mouthful was too much!

Unicum :oohmatron:

Spanish version is called Fernet Branca. Tastes pish but does the job.

An ex used to swear by this stuff to settle your stomach after a big night on food and booze. As far as I could work out it basically turned her stomach contents into poisonous gas.

...a bit disco

That wasn't a digestif bitter made from aromatic herbs mate.

Never heard of it for years . Used to take it in my younger years when on the girls holidays to Tenerife.

Quite rare i believe and gives you the horn big time!

Quite rare i believe and gives you the horn big time!

Not if you've been totally wrecked the night before it doesn't!

:qqb006:

Archived