***Official Hearts v Inverness CT Match Thread***

Johnny Tapia

Johnny Tapia

Thought I'd take a leaf out of Tart of midlothians book, I know she loves an early Match thread!

Scrappy game with us winning by the odd goal I think.

I'd go with:

Hamilton

Paterson

Souttar

Rossi

Smith

Djoum

Cowie

Kitchen

Nicholson

Sammon

Watt

Would be tempted to stick Muirhead on in place of Nicholson but wouldn't give us many attacking options on the bench.

Caley are pish, 3-0 for the JTs.

Hamilton

Paterson

Souttar

Rossi

Smith

Nicholson

Cowie

Djoum

Muirhead

Watt

Sammon

Subs

Noring

Ozt?rk

Rherras

Kitchen

Buaben

Zanatta

Johnsen (hoping clearance comes in)

2-1 to us, Watt & Muirhead scorers.

Can't wait, just over 98 hours till kick off. 

:yas:

:muggy: 

Anyway, 2-0 Hearts. Watt x2

Harvey Specter

I think we should go with the team that began the second half at Pittodrie. 

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Smith

Cowie Kitchen Djoum Nicholson

Sammon Watt

Noring, Ozturk, Nowak, Rherras, Buaben, Zanatta, Muirhead. *Johnsen in for Nowak if his clearance comes through.

I'm confident that we'll get off the mark for the season, as will Tony Watt. 2-0 Hearts, Watt & Paterson.

SaughtonJambo

Can see Inverness trying to sit in and frustrate us. However I think things will start to come off for us in the final third, if we get an early goal they'll have to come out. 4-1 hearts; sammon x2, Watt and Rossi

Hamilton

Paterson

Ozturk

Souttar

Rossi

Djoum

Cowie

Kitchen

Nicholson

Sammon

Watt

3-0 to Hearts.

Bazzas right boot

Tight game, our record v this mob isn't great. 2-1, or if we click and score early 4-0, watt hatrick.

tartofmidlothian

:rofl:

I love a match thread the day before the game tops, unless it's a special occasion.

Four days. :lol:

Anyway, 2-0 to us.

Hamilton

Smith   Souttar   Rossi    Rherras

Kitchen

Cowie

Paterson                           Muirhead

Sammon    Watt

tartofmidlothian

Hamilton

Smith Souttar Rossi Rherras

Kitchen

Cowie

Paterson Muirhead

Sammon Watt

That would be great.

can king play? 

p.s why are these threads getting started earlier and earlier every game

IIRC he can't - which is good because he would no doubt score a hattrick if he played

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 0 and a weekend off for haters.

On 2nd thoughts something won't be right for which Jobbie will get it tight. Buses or trams maybe

alicante jambo

Im not going to predict the score as ive been hopeless for months but im predicting a win.I genuinly think we win well this saturday we can kick on.The boys are trying we just need a bit of luck.Mon the jts

can king play?

p.s why are these threads getting started earlier and earlier every game

He won't. One of the stipulations of his loan is that he can't play against us

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Rherras

Muirhead Djoum Kitchen Nicholson

Watt Sammon

Subs: Noring, Ozturk, Smith, Nowak, Cowie, Zanatta, Bauben

With Ozturk off form and Walker banned that is our strongest team.

Djoum is wasted on the wing, especially when we have Muirhead who can play as a winger as well as a centre forward. Would be quite happy to swap Cowie and Kitchen to start so it depends on fitness but I'd always lean towards Perry.

Would like to see Ozturk on for 30 minutes to ease him back in

Based on our lack of balance and a need to avoid putting Djoum out of best spot I'd go:

Hamilton

Paterson

Souttar

Rossi

Rherras

Nicholson

Djoum

Cowie

Oshaniwa

Sammon

Watt

My thinking is Oshaniwa is a natural left footer and is clearly better going forward. So try him left wing and see what he can do. Would rather have Cowie running midfield and Djoum in there linking play than shoving him wide. Equally, Bauben slows our play and doesn't have the pace to play wide. Nicholson is a right footer and may be more effective there than anywhere else. He's not producing and if we had another winger (Billy King... ) we could bench him to get him firing again.

Given the fantastic success of the GB Olympic team and the commendable efforts of the NZ team, I"m feeling pretty chirpy.  For that reason I'm seeing a winning margin of three goals and because it's high time we banged in a few goals, I'm going for 5-2.

Next Thursday night is the Hearts Shareholders Association monthly dinner with Craig Levein & Robbie Neilson the guests.

I think it'll be quite a rough ride for them on the night, however, if we get beat at the weekend, I'm expecting carnage next Thursday.

My worry is we played ICT last year and they hadn't won a game until they played us.  In saying that I do fancy us to win quite comfortably.

Harvey Specter

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Rherras

Muirhead Djoum Kitchen Nicholson

Watt Sammon

Subs: Noring, Ozturk, Smith, Nowak, Cowie, Zanatta, Bauben

With Ozturk off form and Walker banned that is our strongest team.

Djoum is wasted on the wing, especially when we have Muirhead who can play as a winger as well as a centre forward. Would be quite happy to swap Cowie and Kitchen to start so it depends on fitness but I'd always lean towards Perry.

Would like to see Ozturk on for 30 minutes to ease him back in

Cowie has probably been our best player in recent weeks, there's no danger he'll be dropped. Swap him for Muirhead and you're probably closer to the starting eleven we'll see on Saturday.

Don't get the seethe about starting a thread about the upcoming match, maybe the seethe is about who started it (or didn't start it)? Maybe renamed to Build Up rather than Match.

Anyway...despite being the 3rd game of the season this game is about as must win as it gets at this stage.

If we lose we'll be bottom :uhoh2:

Anyway same team as started the second half against the sheep.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Next Thursday night is the Hearts Shareholders Association monthly dinner with Craig Levein & Robbie Neilson the guests.

I think it'll be quite a rough ride for them on the night, however, if we get beat at the weekend, I'm expecting carnage next Thursday.

My worry is we played ICT last year and they hadn't won a game until they played us.  In saying that I do fancy us to win quite comfortably.

I doubt it, unless a handful of Kickbackers manage to get in. Very little discontent around me on Saturday, but then we have seen it all and realise we are in a strong position as a club at long last.

Any injuries or suspensions for Inverness?

I've heard from a fan that they have a few injuries. Don't know if getting beat by County (at home) on Saturday will have them really up for this or not.

I've seen ICT win too often at Tynecastle and would love us to Cowdenbeath them, but it'll be a draw or us by one.

BRAVEHEART1874

2-0 da jambos making 4 points from these first 3 games really is that so  bad?

Same team start as second half against aberdeen please if johnsen is available then this would also be a boost ;)

heartsfc_fan

Any injuries or suspensions for Inverness?

Kevin McNaughton injured for a while I read somewhere.

Don't get the seethe about starting a thread about the upcoming match, maybe the seethe is about who started it (or didn't start it)? Maybe renamed to Build Up rather than Match.

Anyway...despite being the 3rd game of the season this game is about as must win as it gets at this stage.

For all sorts of reasons - one being we will be rock bottom if we lose.

If Robbie sets us up in a positive formation and we are at them from the start, I do think we can win this comfortably.

For all sorts of reasons - one being we will be rock bottom if we lose.

If Robbie sets us up in a positive formation and we are at them from the start, I do think we can win this comfortably.

Which thankfully seems to be the trend this season so far. Hopefully we get the result this time

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Weather forecast for 3pm..

Thunderstorm.

Jambof3tornado

Teams now know that if they hang on for 20 minutes we get on the back of our team heaping pressure on.

I do think we will be too strong for them.

4-1.

3-2 or 4-2 Hearts. We'll play an attacking game and score goals but will leak a couple to keep the puddle drinkers happy. Everyone will be happy and we'll live happily ever after.

3-0 watt x2 & Djoum. Looking forward to a much needed win. Hopefully we will get some good news tomorrow re Bjorn, cos if he can play on Saturday I think he will score. C'mon the jambos !

My wee man's first ever game on his first season ticket!!  We've been practicing the Hearts song like the bars!!

Well excited!  Hearts to win by 3.  We're going to be good this weekend and in a few weeks we'll still be rueing the cup losses but struggling to remember why all the negativity.

Yes McNaughton is out for the season but meetings is ready to come back in. farid el-alagui is signing but will probably be on the bench

Archived