Watt

RS86

possibly not outstanding but had a more than decent game chasing everything closing down holding the ball up quite well generally creating space and opportunities for others in a very unmajestic way

there were more than a few suppoters there today appreciating his performance

Ah, ran about like a headless chicken but we had one of those last season.

set up expertly by the salmon ?

Hello, morning Connor.

fabienleclerq

Sammon is the wrong type of Irish, therefore a section of the posters wanted him to fail before he kicked a ball.

Watt would have got the same treatment for being ex-Celtic if he hadn't looked so promising in his first few appearances. You can see a few out with an agenda against him despite his obvious talent, but less people have broken cover due to the fact he looks like he might come good and bang in a bunch over the course of the season.

Whilst many people have made legit calls on what they perceive to be objective footballing grounds, there are a few still who want people to fail due to their backrounds.

Utter nonsense. Everyone was pretty positive about sammon till they seen him play, he looked awkward and didn't really show anything in his first couple of games. Celtic he looked good and according to reports played well again yesterday. Blaming it on him being Irish is verging on trolling tbh.

Seymour M Hersh

Jesus Christ! OK, they were 2 great chances but you appear to have written the guy off already!

His work running with the ball at his feet & his willingness to get a shot on target tells me that we have a real assett here.

Iirc one of our friends wrote off a new player as he ran down the tunnel onto the pitch in his first game.  :rofl:

tartofmidlothian

Early days, but I can see Watt hitting 20 goals this season.

I think he might be a wee bit more inconsistent, 12 at least though.

Jesus Christ! OK, they were 2 great chances but you appear to have written the guy off already!

His work running with the ball at his feet & his willingness to get a shot on target tells me that we have a real assett here.

I hear what you are saying but what we need is a striker that can score even if the rest of his game is lacking , a Cummings if you like . He doesn't look like he can finish and that's a huge worry because neither do Sammon and Muirhead

Sammon is the wrong type of Irish, therefore a section of the posters wanted him to fail before he kicked a ball.

Watt would have got the same treatment for being ex-Celtic if he hadn't looked so promising in his first few appearances. You can see a few out with an agenda against him despite his obvious talent, but less people have broken cover due to the fact he looks like he might come good and bang in a bunch over the course of the season.

Whilst many people have made legit calls on what they perceive to be objective footballing grounds, there are a few still who want people to fail due to their backrounds.

What a load of shite.

Sammon has just been really poor up to now. For a big guy he's piss poor in the air, poor touch, fluffed his lines in front of goal and just not impressed after 7 or 8 games. I'm hoping this improves but I've not seen any sign that it will. Just doesn't look like he has it I'm afraid.

Watt on the other hand shows signs that he'll be the dugs nuts when he gets going. Good touch, good movement, confident to take defenders on and an eye for goal.

Making up an agenda like that says more about you tbh.

How come Watt's allowed to have time to get fit but Sammon was judged as shite before he kicked a ball?

Typical JKB these days.

Don't think there was any doubt about Sammon's fitness I think it's more about his natural ability or perhaps lack of it. Sammon will be 30 on his Birthyday whereas Watt is 22 and had an injury plagued season last year and seems to have lots of natural ability.

Watt gets into positions to score goals and has loads of shots at goal. I can think of about 6 from the first 2 league games. He clearly has a striker's instinct, it's just a matter of converting them now.

He looks like he can create a goal out of nothing, like Sow was able to do. That's a priceless commodity in this team.

Absolutely.

I have no doubt he'll come good. He just needs a goal to get going.

Harvey Specter

The early signs from Watt are very promising. It's refreshing to see a striker in a Hearts shirt who is desperate to get on the ball and score goals. It's clear to see that he's trying so hard to get that first goal but a bit of rustiness/lack of match sharpness isn't helping him at the moment. It'll probably take him another game or two to get up to speed and I have no doubt once he bags that first goal he'll go on to score plenty more. 

My only minor criticism of Watt is he needs to get his head up a bit more when he has the ball at his feet and he can be a bit selfish when in possession but again that just highlights how desperate he is to get on the score sheet. 

I can't wait to see more of the lad and hopefully he can get the monkey off his back this weekend.

Stephane Grappelli

The early signs from Watt are very promising. It's refreshing to see a striker in a Hearts shirt who is desperate to get on the ball and score goals. It's clear to see that he's trying so hard to get that first goal but a bit of rustiness/lack of match sharpness isn't helping him at the moment. It'll probably take him another game or two to get up to speed and I have no doubt once he bags that first goal he'll go on to score plenty more. 

My only minor criticism of Watt is he needs to get his head up a bit more when he has the ball at his feet and he can be a bit selfish when in possession but again that just highlights how desperate he is to get on the score sheet. 

I can't wait to see more of the lad and hopefully he can get the monkey off his back this weekend.

Well said.

I agree with this but at the same time it's still nice to have another tanner ba' type player in addition to Walker and Nicolson. They're always inconsistent but they get you on your feet and score a cracker or two most seasons.

I agree with this but at the same time it's still nice to have another tanner ba' type player in addition to Walker and Nicolson. They're always inconsistent but they get you on your feet and score a cracker or two most seasons.

They also draw defenders out of position when they run at them or beat a man which can open up chances for others. Still think Sammon will click with him too

Him and Johnsen will be a good partnership I reckon.

Fingers crossed.

In debating the merits or otherwise of Juanma we are doing so in a bit of a vacuum because we don't know just how decent Johnsen is.

You can see Watt has class though.

Arthur Morgan

Fingers crossed.

In debating the merits or otherwise of Juanma we are doing so in a bit of a vacuum because we don't know just how decent Johnsen is.

You can see Watt has class though.

The frustrating thing about Juanma is we all know he has the talent, yet he just doesn't apply himself properly. Hopefully he rises to Robbie's challenge and actually puts some effort in (and learns the bloody offside rule!) as he would be a great partner for Watt. Unfortunately I think he'll prove us all right and not bother his arse.

Archived